Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2013, 07:09 AM   #1

Coach Net or AAA

Would like to get some opinions about which is best. We have been AAA members for quite a few years, and when we have needed them, have been very happy with their service. I have never used Coach Net, but did renew recently, after my complimentary year expired.

I currently pay $113 yearly for AAA Plus, for myself & my wife. I recently inquired about the cost of upgrading to the RV plan with AAA, and was told it would be about $30 more if I remember correctly. That would also cover me when towing any trailer, to include utility (which I do own & use) and boat trailers, along with my travel trailer. With AAA I can be towed up to 100 miles free, and can choose to have it towed to my destination of choice at no extra cost as long as it is within the 100 miles. After that I would have to pay the extra mileage.

I paid $79.50 to renew the Coach Net Gold package, which also includes both my wife and I. When I called back to make sure I understood the coverage, I was told that it would cover us in whatever vehicle we were in, just like AAA, and also covered our travel trailer, but did not include any other trailers, such as the utility trailer. I was told that it would tow us unlimited miles to a repair facility that was within their network, but if I chose to have it towed home, that they would cover us up to the mileage of the closest repair facility (in network), and the rest was on us if it happened to be further.

I now have both services renewed, so I am good to go for another year with each, so I have a little time to do some research before next year, to decide which I want to keep. I'm sure there are probably services and details I have left out when I quoted their service, but that's what I can remember off the top of my head. I think I know which way I am leaning, but I wanted to get some feed back, or opinions of people that may have used either, or both.

Just for the record, my camper sits on a seasonal site, and will only get pulled to another campground two or three times a year at most, more likely only once a year. I sure I will be taking it back to FL, which is over 1000 miles (one way), and I wanted to make sure I am covered when I do take it somewhere else. Any opinions, experiences, stories, would be welcome, so please weigh in with what you have about the pro's and con's of both if possible.

Thanks in advance!
99 Club Car Golf Cart
djmac1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:46 AM   #2

Good Sam also has a roadside assistance plan. Throw that into your comparisons.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
Good Sam also has a roadside assistance plan. Throw that into your comparisons.
Good Sam is another to consider, but I guess what I am trying to figure out is which one of the ones I have do I want to renew next year when they expire, and which one to let go. Not sure I want to pay the dues for both, or if it even makes sense to have both at the same time. Only reason I renewed the coach net this year was because I didn't think AAA had an RV plan, and I want to make sure I am covered if/when I travel with my TT.
99 Club Car Golf Cart
Old 08-23-2013, 10:35 PM   #4

Great question. I was wondering the same thing. I have both AAA and Coach-net as well and was wondering which to stick with.
simplyrwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:58 AM   #5

Gentlemen, may I suggest that you search for Coachnet using this forums search tools. You will find several experiences related by Coachnet users.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #6

Thanks, I will give it a try. Was really hoping to hear from someone who has, or had, both for a comparison.
99 Club Car Golf Cart
Old 08-31-2013, 05:56 PM   #7

Whoa! you need to have a look at post #38 here:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ion-36530.html

Sounds very bad for AAA.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:06 PM   #8

I use to have Good Sam's service, but they were no help when I needed them. Caveat Emptor with them. No malice intended. I now have AAA who sent me paper work that says "they will" tow my truck, and trailer for 100 miles. Plus the mileage does not start until the tow truck gets to me. Make sure where the mileage for a tow starts. I also travel with my own, personal RV debit card, that I make monthly payments into. Never could understand why I should pay money to others who may, or may not be there as needed. Plus, if you get the right card from your bank, it will also pay you interest. I keep enough money in that account to take care warranty, and break down issues should they occur. I keep the AAA service because my wife sometimes drives by herself for long distances. Maintaining, and knowing your rig to prevent break downs is just part of the RVing game. Just my $0.02 worth.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:56 PM   #9

Patches, it would probably be most useful if you would post that in the thread I referenced so you can discuss with BillyBass what you think you have on paper vs. BillyBass's re-world experience. No one in this thread knows the other side.