Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2010, 08:58 AM   #21

Our "toys" are assembled in the USA, all dealers are here, too. That is local enough for me! I've had no problem getting warranty work done from a local dealer who carries FR, but not my particular units. My purchase this summer from RVW went well and it saved us big monetarily. Ask RVW who they work with in your area for warranty service and see if that fits your needs.
granite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:23 AM   #22

I do thank you all for your inputs. I am going to email RVW and see what they have in my local area for support. I what to buy locally but I work hard for my money as do all of you. When the dealer wants 12 to 14 thousand more before tax and will not come down then you do look elsewhere. I allways buy made in America if I have a choice but alot of items are no longer made in America. Will go back to dealer this weekend and see if they will move on the price at all.
Rabidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:36 PM   #23

I bought this unit pictured in last month from RVW. Drove up there from LA 1000 miles. No body could touch there price. Had very good service was even able to go into shop in back while they installed hitch in my truck to make sure it was done right. The taxes where figured into my financing. They have a network of dealers that will do service for them. Highly recommend them. I know most of the people in the office by name. Holler if have any more questions.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:44 PM   #24

Its like a hotel room...Pay $200/night? Or the room sits empty for the evening...

Hello PRICELINE.COM

Same difference!
wayne1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:32 PM   #25
Texas Grey

We bought a new Forest River Wildwood from RVWholesalers and tried to have warranty work performed by a large Texas RV Repair Facility and Forest River denied the request several times. Be Aware!
r0acqg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:26 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
You should buy locally to support your local people. That is the problem now. People do not what to pay a higher price so the start to purchase products. If everyone stopped purchasing the units from their local dealer the dealer would not be able to stay in business and you would have to go to another state to get repair work done. I do not know where you work but what would happen if the product that you produce was not purchased locally but from an off shore company would you still have a job?
I for one would never buy from a local dealer again, the dealer I got my Cedar Creek from will not service mine any longer, Ii have to take it to an independent service center that will do warranty work for forest river. I asked the Cedar Creek warranty administrator about this and was told there is no dealer in the network that has to do warranty work, you always have the option of returning it to the factory. With that being the case you might as well shop for price.
bob34787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:00 PM   #27

Website for RVWholesalers Nationwide Service Network: The Original RVWholesalers, RVWholesalers Nationwide Service Network, RV Sales, RV Wholesale Dealers
We've purchased three Rockwoods from RVWholesalers and saved several thousand dollars on each purchase. Would purchase from them again.
Momma Tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:04 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma Tac View Post
Website for RVWholesalers Nationwide Service Network: The Original RVWholesalers, RVWholesalers Nationwide Service Network, RV Sales, RV Wholesale Dealers
We've purchased three Rockwoods from RVWholesalers and saved several thousand dollars on each purchase. Would purchase from them again.

No one is saying that RVWholesalers are bad.
Questions came up and asked where do you take your RV for warranty service? Do you take it to your local dealer or back to someplace RVW tells you to. I was told on the phone that they may send Joe Blow over who says he is an expert that works out of his house. Is this true?
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:42 PM   #29

Have only had my unit for month and half and haven't had any warranty work done. But from what I was told any of the services companies in there service network would work on the unit no matter where I was in USA I should be able to find service. If Joe Blow did come I would be watching hem like a hawk. As I do almost all of my repair work my self there would not be any Bull passed my way.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:36 PM   #30

Service Network? Could you be more specific? Do they give you a list or do you wait until you call and they send who they want. Just curious.

I know where my dealer is and they work very well with Forest River on any warranty issues. I like that.

My dealer is one of the best and they will work on any Forest River if you bought from them or not.
Beaudry RV is located in Chandler and Tuscon Arizona
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:27 PM   #31

You call RVW and depending on your location. They direct you to the nearest service centers/dealers that will service your unit. Click on the link it explains it. It doesn't really concern me. I'm sure I can find a dealer like ours that will work on my unit no matter where you bought it from. FR money is green just like everyone's else.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:53 PM   #32

Great comments about price and service. We have never had a problem finding decent service anywhere, warranty or not. Have also been turned away, but that was 7 years ago. That particular dealer not only lost our peripherals business, but at least 5 potential rv buyers who went elsewhere after we told them about our experience with this dealer.

The decent reviews RVW is getting lately may prompt these expensive "local" dealers to reconsider their own selling tactics and prices? Time will tell.
granite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:15 PM   #33

I tried to buy locally, but either I'm not a good negotiator, or my local dealer tried to knock my head off. Didn't feel bad buying on-line and saving 8 months social security income!
Sagebrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:22 PM   #34

Just picked up my Surveyor 235rks from Bumgarner RV in Hickory NC. They were about 1000 more than the discount houses but he was willing to throw in the tow equipment and set it up along with a brake controller. Those things were listed for 599 at the discounter who was nearly 400 miles further from my home than was Bumgarner. They were a pleasure to deal with, so I feel ok about spending the extra money. RV discounters and others were very good and very professional and i would have been happy to buy from them if my dealer were not available. There are not many dealers around me handling these units. Anyway, I felt good about my purchase and really like the unit so far.
Edngilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:43 AM   #35

Local Dealers

I agree that some local dealers just don't get it and try to rip you all. Most Of us was not born yesterday. I always purchase where its best on my pocket book.
whitebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:55 PM   #36

I was going to but from RV Direct but we changed our mind and went with a local dealer, now this dealer does not sell Rockwood RV's anymore and having any service done will take weeks. So go with the best deal and find a local RV repair shop and not a dealer to work on your new RV
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:08 PM   #37

I bought a 2010 Rockwood TT in April from RVW, and had it shipped to my home in CA. This saved me about $5K over what my local dealer quoted me, and RVW also threw in a Equal-i-zer hitch at no additional cost. I was able to customize the unit to my exact specs.

There were a couple of issues that needed attention under warranty right away after the long trip to CA from IN. I called RVW who gave me the name of an independent RV repair shop nearby. The shop owner told me that in the past, FR had worked with him directly on warranty work, but they no longer would do that. I would have to deal with RVW.

I ended up having to get an "estimate" for repair from the local shop, and then submit that to RVW who submitted it to FR. I paid for the repairs myself since I had a trip coming up and after many many emails and phone calls to RVW finally got reimbursed for payment of the repairs 3 months later, via a check from RVW! I am not sure why the check did not come directly from FR.

In my case, it appears that FR would not directly reimburse the independent RV shop for warranty work. It also appears that the RVW "network" is a pretty loose association and warranty service probably varies quite a bit from one area to the next.
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:26 PM   #38
Albuquerque, NM

We purchased our 2011 Rockwood 2304 from RVW this August. The 3,000+ mile round trip from Albuquerque was worth every penny. Our salesman, Preston, was a pleasure to deal with and he was the only Rockwood salesman I could find that was able to get FR to 'custom-build' a 2304 for us - not just made to order based on available options, but built as a non-standard floor plan.

Aside from building us a factory-customized, non-standard floor plan, the $$ price difference over what the local dealers (who don't deserve the title "dealer"!) were asking was about $10,000. The RVW 'warranty dept.' promptly followed up on getting to me the axle covers that were left off at the factory, and their follow-up though not the best was adequate.

I'm very pleased overall with RVW & would purchase from them again. This is our second FR product, both purchased new - the first one from a dealer in Phoenix, AZ. I have not had any warranty issues to date, and I think that all of the minor 'tweaks' that my units have needed are well within my expectations.
2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Char_n_Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:01 AM   #39

Instead of trying to work with me on price the local dealer kept trying to move me to a "cheaper" model. I saved at least $6K-8K buying my TT from RVW. I have only had minor issues that I have taken care of myself.

And, yes there are good independent mobile RV techs available. My brother uses a one for everything. Even replaced his membrane roof on his trailer.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:56 AM   #40

forest river has the ability to force selling dealers to perform warranty work on their units. like auto companies, in their contracts with dealers is wording saying if you sell our product, you must service our product no matter where the customer purchased it.

the problem is f.r.must sell their products without any strong franchise language. that is their fault. price competition is good for everyone. good service is better for f.r. and everyone.

quality service entices more customer to purchase their rv's, and they must work harder to take care of the customers.

i am a franchise dealer for 7 manufacturers and believe me, it is a very competitive world out there. if you give great service to everyong, they word will get out.
ohiodude is offline   Reply With Quote