Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2012, 10:12 PM   #21

Still looking

Happy New Year to all. And thanx for the discussions. I am currently in a slight holding pattern, the dealer has a unit Salem 22rks, that my wife now likes. Also, I am thinking of going to the Pleasanton RV show next week to look around, just to make sure I still like the Salem. So...... Any advice about attending a RV show or buying one there would be very appreciated.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #22
Site Team

Wear comfortable walking shoes as you will find yourself going in and out of many, many units.

Know your numbers ahead of time: Price, weight, towing. If possible try to get there early and check out the two models you are considering. If it were me I would find out the best price and give myself some time away to make my decision. Give yourself a timeout to determine what you really want. It helps me when I can remove myself from the pending sale so I can think it over. Go get lunch or even check out other units on the other side of the lot.

If by the end of the day you are still pondering your choices chances are that you are not quite ready yet. Once you can picture yourself in a unit you are on the right path.

I tend to second guess myself a lot. Before picking it up but after paying for my TT (in full) I started wondering if I should had selected the other unit. Of course finding out that I would have pay state tax again was enough for me to keep the unit I brought. After a few trips I realized that I did select the right trailer for me.

Enjoy the show and shopping for a RV.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #23

When I ordered mine from TX I called the dealer last Sept. I only had to put down $500. I sent them a cashiers check. They told me 6-8wk before it would come in. It was in at 4 wk. It took me 4 wk to get down there to pay for it (cash) but I kept them informed. I finally bought it 25 Nov 11.

My son asked me if I had buyers remorse and I have none after staying in it for a month. I love what I got and it was the right one for me.

Cherry
cherrykiss3 is offline   Reply With Quote