Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2013, 07:24 AM   #1

ETA on New Rockwood

We ordered a new Rockwood Ultra lite 8280WS on March 25, 2013 and they told it would be off line on May 25th. Just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to ship to the dealer. Our dealer is in Albany,NY? One person told me two weeks and someone else said 3 weeks. We're getting excited and need to book some vacation to drive down from Canada to pick it up.
BCFMCRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:42 AM   #2

Ours was done May 10th and arrived at the dealer May 25th. I think they said Classic Transport was trucking it. We live in middle Iowa. Model 8286ws and we are loving it!!!
nwslmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:19 AM   #3

Thanks for the information. Glad to hear you love your new unit. We can't wait. This is our third unit but the first one we have ordered new so this is a new experience for us. Hoping to get a call in the next week or so....fingers crossed...
Old 06-02-2013, 08:26 AM   #4

Thank you and congrats on yours! It's kinda like Christmas!
Old 06-02-2013, 08:36 AM   #5

Congrats on your new Rockwood Ultra lite 8280WS. This is a very busy time of year for the delivery companies. Very large dealers might have their own drivers, smaller dealers rely on private delivery people. Have you called your dealer to get an update?
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:16 PM   #6

We ordered a 8265 on the 15th of April and the dealer told me last week that it may be as long as mid July before we have it. He told us that is the nature of the business and the best thing to do is just sit back and relax. Don't like it but what can you do.
acacia580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #7

When did you order?
Old 06-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #8

We ordered it on March 25th. When we ordered it the sales person said about 2 weeks to get it once it's off line. Now this week they are saying possibly 3. We sold our trailer in April thinking we would have it by June. I guess we should have kept our trailer until the new one arrived. Having serious camping withdrawals....we have such a short season in the north.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:28 PM   #9

We ordered our Rockwood 8280WS on April 19 and were just told last week that the current build date will be the week of June 24. If all goes to plan, it will take 11 weeks to get it built and the dealer said they would send one of their drivers to pick it up when built to avoid waiting another 3 weeks or so for delivery. At least I still have my TT to use until the 8280 arrives. Hope you enjoy your new 8280 when you get it, I know we will enjoy ours...........
2006 Club Car Precedent golf cart
dirtman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:03 PM   #10

We were quoted 6-8 weeks. We ordered our 2306 mid-Feb and picked it up mid-April. Our dealer drove out and picked it up themselves or it would have been an additional 3 weeks.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:10 AM   #11

Update

Just an update. I called the dealer again last week and she said that she would get back to me. I still did not hear anything by this Monday afternoon so I called and talked to another sales man who told me that our trailer was offline but once that happens it basically goes into a "Black Hole" until it arrives at their lot. He said they had no way of knowing if Forest River had shipped it or if it was still sitting at the plant in a holding lot. Does anyone know about this "black hole" thing. It seems kind of strange that they can't track an order once it's completed....this is week 12.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCFMCRO View Post
We ordered a new Rockwood Ultra lite 8280WS on March 25, 2013 and they told it would be off line on May 25th. Just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to ship to the dealer. Our dealer is in Albany,NY? One person told me two weeks and someone else said 3 weeks. We're getting excited and need to book some vacation to drive down from Canada to pick it up.
Ask your dealer for the VIN and then track that. It might work but not sure.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #13
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCFMCRO View Post
Just an update. I called the dealer again last week and she said that she would get back to me. I still did not hear anything by this Monday afternoon so I called and talked to another sales man who told me that our trailer was offline but once that happens it basically goes into a "Black Hole" until it arrives at their lot. He said they had no way of knowing if Forest River had shipped it or if it was still sitting at the plant in a holding lot. Does anyone know about this "black hole" thing. It seems kind of strange that they can't track an order once it's completed....this is week 12.
That "black home" is actually true- the delivery drivers are all subcontractors and you're at their mercy.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #14

Someone is giving you the run around. Forest River would know exactly when that unit left their site and who hauled it away. The transporter has a vested interest to get it delivered a.s.a.p. to get paid. Sounds like your dealer does not know what "customer service" means.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:38 PM   #15

A final update on this post. We are picking up our trailer tomorrow from the dealer....it arrived on Friday so I believe that makes it 12 weeks to arrive at the dealership. They had told us 6-8 but that was a bit off to say the least. It's funny how quickly you forget the long wait when you see the trailer for the first time. We're very excited. Thanks to everyone for responding to this post.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:31 AM   #16

Happy trails !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #17

Congrats!

Be sure to check back in with some Pics!
Old 06-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #18

Watch your steps. Ours came out on the way home from the dealer. If they seen too easy to unfold, more then likely they will come out going down the road. There is a thread on here that others are having the same problem.