Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2014, 12:18 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilm2113 View Post
I am picking up my new Forester MH on Thursday. Of course after reading the forum I asked about 2nd year warranty for $150. I was told by the first person that she didn't know anything about that. I would like to initiate a call to FR to get a form coming my direction. Is it okay to call the numbers above even though they do not cover the Forester line?
Looking at the FR web site there isn't a number to be found to start out with!

Many thanks.
Don't believe the MH's qualify for the 2nd year warranty.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:29 PM   #42

They do not cover the Motorhomes, Only TT and 5vers.
I really cant see why they dont but Mr Clemens has pushed for it but they wont do it, Raise the fee up a bit, $300.00 would still be a good deal,
Kevin & Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 01:04 PM   #43

Thanks everyone. Mr. Clemens PM'd me and let me know. I am exploring my other options. Thanks again.
Gilm2113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 04:13 PM   #44

Glad that I came upon this thread! We purchased our first TT in November and am storing it at the dealer for the winter, when I asked the owner about when the warranty would kick in he said as soon as I pay for the trailer meaning it would sit for 5 months and not have been used, when asked about other warranty's he tried to sell me a 3rd party one.
WELL thanks to this forum I contacted FR and Rhonda sent me an email saying that the new warranty will kick in as soon as I TAKE the TT OFF the dealer lot no sooner and the second yr is available for $150.00

Thanks for this information......Starting to suspect what I already knew that RV dealers can be a bit like used car lots......Just saying after all we looked at TT for 2 yrs and sometimes we felt like we needed a shower after leaving certain dealers
VT Skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 06:24 PM   #45

Didn't read the entire thread, but...

Just in case it's not mentioned, you need to make sure you get the completed form back from Forest River for the warranty to be authorized. On our last camper, it more than paid for itself with an issue we had with our superslide.
geotex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 06:34 PM   #46

Yep, the second year for 150 is a no-brainer and for those with fiberglass front caps watch for oxidation or fading, a major expense to get it painted, get it in for before the warranty expires....
MMattox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 07:07 PM   #47
Love My Sunseeker

And, for anyone who missed it earlier, the second year warranty only applies to TRAILERS, not to MOTORHOMES.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 01:26 PM   #48

Add Flagg RV in Massachusetts to the list of dealers who won't tell you about the extended warranty in the hopes you will buy their expensive plan.
the8re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 03:36 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri5ford View Post
Hi All,
My dealer, Ted's RV Land, Paynesville MN, told me about the factory extended warranty right up front when I bought my '14 Villa Estate 394 FKDS.
Gary
This is good news, I'm going to pickup our sierra 380bh5 this coming Monday

2008 Chevy Dmax CCSB
2015 Sierra 380bh5
mustardbucket107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:57 PM   #50

I directly asked my dealership if there was a second year warranty that I could buy from Forest River and they said they never heard of it. They did not try to sell me anything either. So I just walked out with the 1 year only.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:00 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmaker View Post
I directly asked my dealership if there was a second year warranty that I could buy from Forest River and they said they never heard of it. They did not try to sell me anything either. So I just walked out with the 1 year only.

Vin.
The Forest River 2nd year warranty is pretty much a waste of $150.00. Most of the items covered by the 2nd year warranty are covered by the manufacturers warranty for at least 2 years or more. Example , Coleman Ac comes with a 2 year
jjrrtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:02 PM   #52
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrrtt View Post
The Forest River 2nd year warranty is pretty much a waste of $150.00. Most of the items covered by the 2nd year warranty are covered by the manufacturers warranty for at least 2 years or more. Example , Coleman Ac comes with a 2 year
I respectively disagree.
2nd year coverage should be bought.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:20 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
I respectively disagree.
Could you explain why it should be bought ?

I actually bought the warranty myself. But after really looking at the coverage I regret it .
Old 02-09-2015, 03:41 PM   #54

Quote:

I actually bought the warranty myself. But after really looking at the coverage I regret it .
I bought the 2nd year and to me it was the same as the first year. I had a TV replaced, a convertor, slides adjusted, resealed windows and roof area, replaced my sirius xm and repaired some trim. I would buy again in a hot second......

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:42 PM   #55
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I bought the 2nd year and to me it was the same as the first year. I had a TV replaced, a convertor, slides adjusted, resealed windows and roof area, replaced my sirius xm and repaired some trim. I would buy again in a hot second......
What he said ^^^^^^^^
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:23 PM   #56

I didn't buy the warranty on mine and only had the furnace repaired after the first year. It was covered under it's respective warranty. It went out after 1 year and 360 days. The warranty is a gamble. In my case I don't have slides or TV or sirius XM. Other people might be handy enough to make other repairs to it or store it inside. It's a personal preference based on your needs. That's my two cents.

Either way I don't think it's a total waste but it may work out that you spend the cash and never get a return on it. That's not really a bad thing when you consider you spent thousands of dollars buying the trailer.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:52 PM   #57

Quote:
I respectively disagree.
I'll second that! The second year warranty covers all those things outside of appliance manufacturer's warranties... I can list off a dozen campers I know personally who really were lucky they spent the $150. Let's see, one electric stabilizer assembly $550 + labor - covered; faded front cap - prep, repaint and finishing for $868 - covered; roof deck board curled at edge requiring complete new roof for over $1k - covered; Roo 23SS bunk door issue required new front cap, new doors, new heated mattresses and rebuilt cabinetry - covered and performed at factory; delamination of one side requiring slide room removal and replacement of whole side - covered and completed at factory; and, since you are new, just search the forum and you will see what's been covered.

$150 is nothing compared to these. If you were talking about the aftermarket warranties dealers push for $1000 and up, I'd agree. However, $150 can pay for itself with simply having two cabinet doors come apart along with a piece of photolam countertop bubble up. Ask me how I know...
geotex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 07:07 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
I'll second that! The second year warranty covers all those things outside of appliance manufacturer's warranties... I can list off a dozen campers I know personally who really were lucky they spent the $150. Let's see, one electric stabilizer assembly $550 + labor - covered; faded front cap - prep, repaint and finishing for $868 - covered; roof deck board curled at edge requiring complete new roof for over $1k - covered; Roo 23SS bunk door issue required new front cap, new doors, new heated mattresses and rebuilt cabinetry - covered and performed at factory; delamination of one side requiring slide room removal and replacement of whole side - covered and completed at factory; and, since you are new, just search the forum and you will see what's been covered.

$150 is nothing compared to these. If you were talking about the aftermarket warranties dealers push for $1000 and up, I'd agree. However, $150 can pay for itself with simply having two cabinet doors come apart along with a piece of photolam countertop bubble up. Ask me how I know...

How long ago was this warranty work done?

The extra warranty that they offer now does not cover most of what you just listed.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:24 PM   #59
Site Team

Quote:
I respectively disagree.
DITTO!
we had a number of things fixed under the 2nd year warranty, that were not things that had its own separate warranty.
It was tongue to bumper, just like the first year warranty.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 07:30 PM   #60
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
How long ago was this warranty work done?

The extra warranty that they offer now does not cover most of what you just listed.
I have the second year warranty purchased in July 2014. It is same as first year warranty.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, warranty