Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2021, 06:30 PM   #21

I was able to get FR to provide me with a new pcs if interior paneling.
Of course shipping would have been $500 for the 4x8 pcs of paneling. I decided to drop by the factory when I was conveniently in Indiana. Total cost $0. Otherwise id never be able to get it to CA and id now have mismatched walls.

My experience also is that they will ship items to dealers which leads to another issue, the Dealer typically wants a cut or the work to install your item. I do not know any dealer in my area that would allow themselves as a drop ship from FR for my project. Not saying it doesn't happen, but in my area no way.

I dont blame FR at all.. just wish it was easier to get parts direct,,,,
2019 57:2020 20:2021 30:2022 46:2023 47:2024 7
robo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 08:09 PM   #22

I keep hearing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo44 View Post
I was able to get FR to provide me with a new pcs if interior paneling.
Of course shipping would have been $500 for the 4x8 pcs of paneling. I decided to drop by the factory when I was conveniently in Indiana. Total cost $0. Otherwise id never be able to get it to CA and id now have mismatched walls.

My experience also is that they will ship items to dealers which leads to another issue, the Dealer typically wants a cut or the work to install your item. I do not know any dealer in my area that would allow themselves as a drop ship from FR for my project. Not saying it doesn't happen, but in my area no way.

I don't blame FR at all.. just wish it was easier to get parts direct,,,,
I keep hearing on these forums that Parts and Service are not profit centers. That's why they decline to service units they haven't sold. I can't see them holding up the customer for a chunk of the shipping--especially if it's moved inside a trailer.

I have also read on these forums of many folks who have said "Send the part directly to me. I'll install it myself."

I'm not convinced. FR should step up and fix the policy and process.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 08:23 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
I keep hearing on these forums that Parts and Service are not profit centers. That's why they decline to service units they haven't sold. ...
I would be surprised if retail Parts and Service are not profit centers. I would also be surprised if warranty Parts and Service are profitable.

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 08:42 PM   #24

Quote:
I keep hearing on these forums that Parts and Service are not profit centers. That's why they decline to service units they haven't sold.
IMO

Ideally those two places are profit centers... however thru poor management and incompetent technicians, dealers are probably lucky to break even in these two areas. NEW RV Sales power the dealership and making warranty repairs and keeping new customer's happy keeps the sales department happy.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 08:49 PM   #25

I ordered an awning rail from trailer I think and shipping was only around $12.00. It was 8 ft and shipped in a tube.
The Newsoms is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river