Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2013, 09:49 PM   #1

Question FR 2nd year warranty

Does any one know if you can sign up for the 2nd year warranty through the web site or do you have to fill out the form and send it by mail with a check? I would rather use technology than the pony express.

Thanks
Buddy Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #2

What others have posted is that you have to mail the form in along with a check. I can tell you where to get the form if you don't already have it.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:37 PM   #3

Let us know how to get the form and how to find out what the warranty covers.
toylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:42 PM   #4

Here's the sticky to d/l the form. Fill it out and send back with it a 150$ check.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...cky-12344.html

I too agree there should be an instant online ability to submit/pay for the warranty but there isnt . I would personally setup to do this for Forest River at no cost. A simple online submission form and link to pay.

A benefit that would help the future generation campers take advantage of a warranty.
Long Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #5

Thank you for the information. The documentation says that the payment must be made 10 after the purchase of the RV I bought this 5th wheel in May and was not told about the extended warranty is there any way they will honor it this late?
Old 11-19-2013, 12:11 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by toylover View Post
Thank you for the information. The documentation says that the payment must be made 10 after the purchase of the RV I bought this 5th wheel in May and was not told about the extended warranty is there any way they will honor it this late?
We would be guessing to say if they will honor it at this point of time but it would be worth it to call them and find out. I picked up the 2nd year warranty in May with me buying the TT in September. This was a couple of years ago. Note - the first time I called I was told it wasn't available on my unit but it wasn't a problem a couple of months later when I was talking with someone else.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:56 AM   #7
Site Team

many dealers "omit" telling buyers about this because they make commissions on selling you 3rd party extended warranties.
they don't make any money by telling you about the optional FR 2nd year warranty.

you'll just have to contact FR and plead your case. let them know that your dealer didn't tell you about it.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:00 AM   #8

Make the call to FR. I called Rockwood for warranties & got the approval to mail it in after they checked with FR warranties in Goshen. When I called FR to check the status I was able to give them the POC at Rockwood who already confirmed it for me. A plant manager of some sort still had to approve before it was mailed back to me.

Hopefully you won't need it at all.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #9

Made the call was told no problem the 10 day deadline apparently is not followed. Sent my form and check today.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #10

You should be able to still get it. This happends a lot and when I called the warranty dept for my brand, they said to send the check with the signed form and it was two months late. They also told me that the dealers are not required to tell you about it! As stated above, many dealers try to sell you an extended warranty/service contract where they receive up to 50% of the cost as a commission. The 2nd year warranty covers your RV for everything that the first year warranty did. Good Luck
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty