Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2011, 01:31 PM   #1

Good deal on 2012 3008W WindJammer?

We've compared RV wholesale companies against local (and not so local) dealers and come up with the following winning quote. This is our first RV so we wanted to really load it up. I'm debating going no-haggle with this Dealer as it seems like a fair price and they're within 250 miles of where we live.

We're open to suggestions if anyone has any advice or thinks we should add\remove any options that may be unneccessary or not worth getting through the dealer.

2012 Windjammer 3008W
Out the door - $27,875

Standard options and...
tuscan cream interior with wood\laminate flooring (light tuscan cabinetry throughout)
minimum carpet option
12V Deep Cycle Battery
Convenience Package
Power Tongue Jack
sleeper sofa with air mattress (I think this is standard but don't know for certain)
Rear Ladder
Free Standing Table w/Charis
Lazy Boy Leather Recliners
Outside Grill
Carbon Monoxide Detector
Water Purifier
Create-A-Breeze Bath Roof Vent
installed Equalizer 1000\10K hitch
installed Prodigy brake controller
propane fill

full PDI and walk through no add. charge of course. We're right at 66% of retail given RVW's $42000 MSRP estimate with all the above options included.

Thanks in advance for anyone taking time to offer advice. We're newbies at this and have really appreciated all the support seen by this community in the other forum posts. We feel like we're going to be right at home
Old 04-15-2011, 02:03 PM   #2

talk to dane at tropical rv in ft pierce fl, we bought our 3008 from them, very good deal, and very good people to deal with

Redheaded blue tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:08 PM   #3
Inveterate Tinkerer

We have a 2012 Windjammer 3065W on order...checked numerous places for prices... you are in a similar range as we are. Possibly just a little high...but I figure the dealer has to live too, so they can service your unit when you return.( However that 42000 msrp looks inflated???) but that doesn't really matter I guess...only the bottom line counts, and it is a dealer you like.
Iluv2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:37 PM   #4

I agree, the MSRP seems high - it's very difficult finding a true MSRP as they seem to vary by as much as 5K from dealer to dealer. Your math kinda goes out the window if you can't find reliable figures.

The OTD price from the dealer above is 800$ higher than the average I've seen from the wholesalers. Overall, I think it's worth a couple extra monthly payments to keep the $$ local and get (I hope) better service in the long run.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:58 AM   #5
Inveterate Tinkerer

I have seen it said on other forums and threads that the wholesale RV sellers can surprise buyers with fees and add-ons that appreciably add to the price out the door when you pick up the unit...sounds a lot like some unscrupulous car dealers I compete against every day. I think... find a dealer you like...check out their service, cuz you know you are gonna need it sometime, and try to stick with them.
Good Luck!
Randy
Iluv2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:40 PM   #6

Check out House of Campers in Bridgeview IL. They have great prices and are good People to work with. Great Dealer!
00' F350 XLT LA West Custom DRW 7.3 PSD
Granted is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3008w