Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2014, 10:37 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Kickin View Post
Lojack would have allowed the kid a shorter stay! My point is unchanged your ememy is your insurance co. when you need to file the claim. Either complain to your agent, or live with the jerk around mentality that persists with filing a claim.
We have no problem with our insurance agency. Everything is taken care of. It was just a hassle working with lots of people involved. Filing claims, paperwork, calls to make, reporting stolen property, etc. Now things are winding down. When we get our current TT back after being serviced, repaired, winterized, and cleaned up, we will take it in and pick up our new TT. Then we can move on, but this experience has left me feeling kind of paranoid. I don't want to go through this all over again.
OBX Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:32 AM   #22

We keep ours locked front to back when not in it but experience shows no matter what you do to keep it safe if they want it they will take it. All you can do is make it a little harder target than the other guys. A little while back I guess thieves couldn't still anyone trailer so the stole everyones gas cans empty and full ones and took everyones ice chests locked or not. Took mine and about 10 other family's where we were all camped together. The thieves are everywhere and anywhere so do what you can to protect you stuff and have insurance is all you can do. Good luck.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:19 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBX Forever View Post
Our 2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 305RKDS was stolen last November 11 despite the hitch ball lock being in place, found a week later, and returned to us. Since then, it has been a nightmare, dealing with the detective and police, insurance, RV dealerships, etc. The thief and a boy were living in our TT for a week. I just simply couldn't keep it so we traded it in for a 2015 Heritage Glen 302FK.

This is why we are looking into a GPS tracking device. We have bought another hitch ball lock, padlock for the coupler latch, and tire boot lock. We are not sure whether to add the GPS tracking device.

LoJack doesn't cover the area where we live so that is out of the question.
OBX It sounds like you have done everything plus more to me, A rotten thief is just a rotten thief. With what you have done they would probably by-pass your unit now. I would just move on and enjoy your new unit.....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote