Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 06:50 PM   #61

Is this RV related?

This post doesn't seem to meet the purpose of the RV Life community. #ADMIN
Old 09-09-2021, 06:54 PM   #62

Nope.

Agree.
Old 09-09-2021, 07:01 PM   #63

Complaining about not getting a coupon is ridiculous imo.
Prices have increased, supply is short, labor supply is at an all time worse, etc. Then you go and state out loud that you've lost a customer and your shopping elsewhere is over the top. You exercised your right as a consumer to shop elsewhere and you did and you got a better deal. That's great, but complaining about it?
Old 09-09-2021, 07:08 PM   #64

HF has its place, I like it for some stuff.
They changed their marketing plan with fewer coupons.
The coupons often irritated me anyways, the list of excluded products was long and in fine print. Now they have gone to coupons for singular use vs. 20% off anything (except the long list of exclusions).
Old 09-09-2021, 08:13 PM   #65
GnS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyCorp View Post
Also why I've avoided HF. I try to buy US made where I can, although it's near impossible now. When HF started opening stores around here years ago, it was easy to decide not to go there. I had other options. Now....since everything is off shored, it doesn't appear to matter anymore.
While it’s true they are sourcing their products from China, they are employing a few thousand Americans in their retail outlets and are contributing to the tax coffers of their city and state. They are based in California so they pay American corporate taxes too. They pay rent on their brick and mortar locations and the employees likely go somewhere close by to get lunch or dinner, thus contributing to another local retailer’s bottom line.

If you want to avoid Chinese merchandise, then by all means stay out of WalMart.

Just my .02.
Old 09-09-2021, 08:27 PM   #66
Transportation

Are we now “entitled” to get a deal every time we purchase something or just something from Harbor Freight?

TT: (new) 2019 Coachman Freedom Express 231RBDS
(old) 2001 Jayco Qwest 256D
TV: 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT
(old) 2005 GMC K3500 Duramax
Old 09-09-2021, 08:32 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnS View Post
While it’s true they are sourcing their products from China, they are employing a few thousand Americans in their retail outlets and are contributing to the tax coffers of their city and state. They are based in California so they pay American corporate taxes too. They pay rent on their brick and mortar locations and the employees likely go somewhere close by to get lunch or dinner, thus contributing to another local retailer’s bottom line.

If you want to avoid Chinese merchandise, then by all means stay out of WalMart.

Just my .02.
I do stay out of Walmart. In addition to the imports, I don't care for how they move in to small towns and kill off the local stores. Like the HF jobs, they come at the expense of other jobs.
Old 09-09-2021, 08:37 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy78 View Post
Harbor Freight has always sold crap from China. You get what you pay for. One hand we say, buy America. But we do not want to pay the price, so we finance the sweat shops in China.
Of course Milwaukee and Dewalt are now Chinese made. Many sub assemblies on U. S. Cars are also Chinese. The old saying you get what you pay for is long gone.
We pay the highest taxes in the nation and have the worst roads and schools but we enjoy being home to 35% of the nation’s welfare recipients.
Old 09-09-2021, 08:41 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbirch View Post
This post doesn't seem to meet the purpose of the RV Life community. #ADMIN
Don’t forget there are numerous components made in China on your RV.
Old 09-09-2021, 08:42 PM   #70

The entire thread has nothing to do about RV life.
Old 09-09-2021, 08:45 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyCorp View Post
I do stay out of Walmart. In addition to the imports, I don't care for how they move in to small towns and kill off the local stores. Like the HF jobs, they come at the expense of other jobs.
well yes and no, HF is a hardware/tool place while wallmart hits a lot of markets with a lot of mom and pop places nearby.

there aren't really much in the way of hardware/tool places anymore that AREN'T part of one of the chains (truevalue, ace, Aubuchon, Etc.)

on the flip to those who say HF stuff is low quality, i'd whole heartedly agree on the bottom dollar/tier stuff.

on the middle-high to high price tag items: rock solid, 100% i have more bauer, titanium/vulcan (220amp Multi-proc welder blows away some of the big name 200/300amp welders i've used) power/specialty tools than anything else and most of them are 5+ years old, i only JUST had to replace my bauer impact driver this year after buying it almost 6 years ago now and just got a standing shop compressor last year for the pneumatic tools and paint guns.
and i live on a commercial horse farm in new england, none of this stuff is used lightly by any remote means of the term and can almost always at least a few times a season get used in the rain.
Old 09-09-2021, 08:54 PM   #72
Site Team

This thread has run its course and now is morphing into posts against the site guidelines. Thread being closed.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread