Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2008, 07:06 AM   #1

Question Help!! Need advice before I call the dealer!

I need advice before I call the dealer! We traded in our hybrid for our new 2008 Rockwood. We still owed on the hybrid but they agreed to take it at the amount we owed and pay it off. We have never traded in anything before that we still owed on, so I am not sure what the process is. But.....I got a letter from the bank stating that we were late on our payment. We purchased our new trailer 3 weeks ago and took possesion 2 weeks ago, before our payment was due on our hybrid. Who is at fault and what do I do??????? When is it considered their camper, when we signed the paperwork or when they took possesion (both being before payment was due). We have our first payment coming due on our new camper, it would really hurt to have to make 2 payments in the same month.

Andrea
aharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:29 AM   #2

Normally, if the loan is in your name, you are responsible. If you worked something out with the dealer, they should be responsible. You might want to look in all the paperwork from the dealer to see if it is in writing somewhere that they would pay off the loan. Either way, it wouldn't hurt to call the dealer. I would also call the bank, or where ever you got the loan from, and let them know what is going on.
gregm59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:03 PM   #3
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Welcome!

When I've traded RV's that had outstanding loans, the dealer ALWAYS took care of the bank loan payoff.
Never a glitch. When it comes to the finances...dealers usually aren't slow in the turnaround. I'd have to say the dealer dropped the ball. I'd be TICKED...and let them know it!

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:28 PM   #4

Had that happen on a truck one time and a conference call to the dealer with the finance company took care of it and no blemish on my reports.

I was responsible until the loan was paid in full but it was good. Take the time and make the call.

Mike
MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote