Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 02:34 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyg View Post
I've said it before and will restate, "there's no reason to spend money on RV toilet paper." My solution is to always use more water per flush than you think is necessary. With enough water, tanks will drain with more force when emptied. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Yep there you go!!!
Old 09-18-2018, 02:39 PM   #62
Site Team

We use whatever we want. Northern from home or cheapo from Dollar store. Never a clog problem.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:57 PM   #63

You are correct but it happens because I have a wife, a teenage daughter, typically one of her friends or two and whoever makes their way to my campfire from time to time. I always ensure at least a few gallons of water are I the tank shortly after setup. Next I throw some of the “Happy Camper” or blue pack in there. What happens next is out of my control. Best I can tell is one of the above culprits unwinds half a roll per use. After the pyramid incident I abandoned my fancy paper for the Thetford, which is great in its own right, but it’s no Charmin. Haven’t had an issue since. I don’t mind the cost. Like someone else posted, just because it goes down your tank fine doesn’t mean it’s good for the campground’s septic. And using a ton of water just means eventually rates will rise or campgrounds will start charging for water. To each his own but I’m sticking with RV specific paper.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:59 PM   #64

Scotts single ply and no issues.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:53 PM   #65

There is so much bs these days! Don't bother with that stuff. Probably born of people who are trying to make sure their holding tank registers correctly and that it is as clean as acbaby's butt after dumping.

It's a hoax.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:33 PM   #66

If you have to worry about the price of RV toilet paper, I would question if you can or should afford to be vacationing/camping in the first place! Look how much money you are saving over the alternatives of hotels, time shares, or cabin rentals and buy the RV TP.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:35 AM   #67

Just because you can afford to pay for the higher priced RV paper,,, over single ply @ the grocery store,,, does not mean you should throw your money down the RV Throne !!!

Old 09-21-2018, 08:42 AM   #68

Well, RVing is not cheaper, if you are honest in your analysis.

People RV for lots of reasons, and not having to sleep anywhere except in their own dirts is one of the biggest reasons. Who wants to sleep in dirty-butt motels and hotels, and high price ones are no cleaner than the less-expensive ones. RVing is an alternative that is simply very attractive for people who can afford it. Another reason people like it is the snob appeal associated with "the way I do it". For most people if the are honest find it the funnest, but most exasperating, because of the stuff that quits working, or never does actually work right, family togetherness experience you can have.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:08 AM   #69
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Two issues with the 'RV toilet paper' available...

1) Very expensive for what you get...

2) It's like wiping your booty with sandpaper...just love that feeling!

Old 09-21-2018, 09:15 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
Two issues with the 'RV toilet paper' available...

1) Very expensive for what you get...

2) It's like wiping your booty with sandpaper...just love that feeling!

so true
Old 09-21-2018, 09:35 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philkaty View Post
so true

Yep
Old 09-21-2018, 11:16 AM   #72

Want to make sure there is no "poop peak" in your Black Tank, get one of these:

Every day or so just stick it down the hole and give things a stir. TP will dissolve and anything that was solid will now be liquid.

This conversation regarding TP is getting old so I though I'd stir things up.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
Old 09-21-2018, 11:23 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck View Post
I'm still using old SEARS AND ROEBUCK catalogs just cut your sewer pipe at the first elbow and make sure you dig a 4 foot x 4 foot hole underneath your camper LOL
Don't laugh. Had a friend who did essentially that. Owned a camping site so far out in the boonies it was just beyond the last power company pole.

He dug a hole about 6-7' deep and then stacked old truck tires on top of each other until they were about a foot below the surface of the ground. Put a steel plate on top of the tires, torched a hole in the plate. Backfilled level with the ground only left a 3" pipe sticking out. Looked just like a connection to a septic tank. Last I heard it was still working just fine, kind of like an outhouse only without the cold, bugs, and stench.

Old 09-22-2018, 09:14 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Don't laugh. Had a friend who did essentially that. Owned a camping site so far out in the boonies it was just beyond the last power company pole.

He dug a hole about 6-7' deep and then stacked old truck tires on top of each other until they were about a foot below the surface of the ground. Put a steel plate on top of the tires, torched a hole in the plate. Backfilled level with the ground only left a 3" pipe sticking out. Looked just like a connection to a septic tank. Last I heard it was still working just fine, kind of like an outhouse only without the cold, bugs, and stench.
Do your old friend a favor,,, and never till where that is !!!

Old 09-22-2018, 09:35 AM   #75
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by lablover View Post
I may be frugal but when it comes to TP, I will spend $ for my bum. Charmin all the way, a true TP snob.
X2
Old 09-22-2018, 10:21 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
X2

We all have things that are more important than others !!!

:roflb lack:
Old 09-22-2018, 03:38 PM   #77

You can buy a case of Scotts RV toilet paper on Amazon for less than a dollar a roll.
Old 09-22-2018, 03:48 PM   #78

For those who worry about their tanks and TP, why not just use the campground facilities. You've already paid for the TP they provide in your "fee".

Just use the on board facilities for the midnight need to make your bladder gladder.

Old 09-23-2018, 08:50 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
For those who worry about their tanks and TP, why not just use the campground facilities. You've already paid for the TP they provide in your "fee".

Just use the on board facilities for the midnight need to make your bladder gladder.
I do that when I am close enough to the Camp Potty !!!

We need some new Smilies !!!
O no that was off subject !!!
LOL !!!
Old 09-23-2018, 09:40 AM   #80
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Isn't that the same as asking why we don't use plastic milk jugs and Hefty bags in pails instead of our own built-in RV facilities?

I'm not tenting anymore...

I kinda bought an RV where everything works so I can use it...all of it!

Just because I can use E85 fuel in my truck...does that mean that I am stupid because I don't?

I tried it...and didn't like it.

So we need to think about a few things (like toilet paper) when we RV...big deal!

What about all of the other krap that people spend money on for their RV's that many think is needless...but others continue to purchase anyway?

Why not spend some of those pennies on at least a good toilet paper that will breakdown and not clog up a campgrounds' septic or sewer system after we leave "with no problems"?

Closed Thread