Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2010, 04:19 PM   #21

My Farmers agent tells me I that the TT is covered under home owners policy. Am I missing something here. I did ask specifically about coverage for TT.
dalbert69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:00 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Man, I would double check that and be darn sure. We have State Farm insurance and our trailer is separate. It is a Motor Vehicle with a title. I'd frankly be surprised if your home owners covers it.
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:22 AM   #23

A home owners policy may cover theft of content, but I dont think it will cover collision or liability
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:15 AM   #24

We have Progressive on the motor home. Never made a claim so I hope their OK. We had GMAC, but was worried that finanationaly they may be strapped for money with GM. USAA on the cars and truck, good company. But trade you off to another co for motor homes. Farm Bureau on the house. excellent coverage.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:34 AM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

In VA., the liability is covered by the tow vehicle. For collision and comprehensive, you have to add that to your auto policy. I think mine runs $76 per year.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:51 AM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

The camper is probably covered by your homeowners policy as long as it is sitting in the yard, and not connected to the tow vehicle. Once connected to the tow vehicle, auto insurance takes over for liability. Any other coverage such as collision and comprehensive you want on the camper you will have to purchase. Now I haven't read your policy and don't know any details or specifics. The above statements are generalizations, and I make no claim as to their accuracy. Hope that keeps me out of legal trouble.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:30 AM   #27

We have State Farm for everything. We are very satisfied. Since my SIL is a State Farm agent, we have never had any problems with service.
Bob and Teresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:45 PM   #28

Almost 19 years in the insurance business speaking here - the only coverage you have on your homeowners for the TT is your personal property (contents) in the TT - wherever it is. Other posts are correct that the liability follows the TV. Definitely purchase an RV policy - mine is with Progressive as well. Some companies might let you add it to your auto policy for comp & collision, but ask about how the awning is covered if you do it that way.
1 wife, 1 son, & 1 cat
Volunteer Firefighter/EMT
Asst. Scoutmaster (BSA)
archham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:57 PM   #29

The agent I had was very misleading in the direction of Home owners covering the TT. I actually switched to a new agent and inquired about the TT and found that as stated above I do need the additional coverage. Imagine that, same insurance company with 2 different agents spouting to competely different things. I could have been in big trouble had something happened to the TT. I wonder why the lien holder did not contact me for the insureance information I haev had the TT for 2yrs now.
dalbert69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:54 PM   #30

I've been trying to figure out what to do about insurance on my TT. We recently had an accident that totaled the TT. Thank God there was no damage to any one or anything else. We've been a member of TN Farm Bureau for 7 years with coverage on our home, rental house, life, autos, and TT. This was our first claim with them. It took over a month for the claim to be settled, because this was special circumstances I was told. TN Farm B doesn't have claim adjusters out of the state of TN. And this is TT, not an auto. If it had been a car or within the state of TN, it would have been settled much quicker. We bought our first TT 4 1/2 years ago and all except 2 of our outings with our TT have been out of state. I live in this TT while I work out of state twice a year. So now I'm wondering what would happen if I had an accident on the way to a job. Where would I live since these jobs employ an extra 3,000 people who have to live in motels, apartments, etc? By the time my insurance gets things settled, the job will be over. So I'm looking for an insurance company that can cover my needs and settle quickly.

I would be very thankful for any information I can get.

Thanks,
Loretta
Whalla is offline   Reply With Quote