Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2017, 09:17 AM   #1

issue with arizona diesel tax refunds

Arizona taxes diesel fuel at $.18/gal for non-commercial use and at $.26/gal for commercial use. I just stopped at a major truck stop and pulled the 5th wheel through the commercial truckers diesel pumps as it is much easier access. there were other rv's doing the same. there is a sticker on the pump (from the state) that said to contact the station attendant to get the $.08/gal refund for the fuel pumped if it was for non-commercial use. so after fueling I pulled forward and then went in to get the refund. the attendant said they don't do that. had to get the manager and he knew of it and finally agreed to pay it. he reluctantly took cash out of the register. this was a major truck stop chain. I've been able to receive the discount at many other truck stops. has anybody else had problems getting the tax refund?
Old 06-21-2017, 10:10 AM   #2

Not to change your thread but last week in IN I pulled into the truck diesel pumps at a Pilot Truck Stop and when I tried to pump fuel with a credit card it wanted some type of sales tax card? I went inside to inquire and the young lady where you pay for fuel stated that I had a tax number and that I couldn't set it up at the pump. She was very young and couldn't explain the process. I left and went a few more exits and stopped at a Marathon Station and I was told not to go to the truck diesel pumps but go to were the cars are and there is a diesel pump there that I should use. I managed to fit in after a young man moved his auto and my better half walked around the station to see that I could get my RV and truck out of there after filling up.
I would have liked to fill up with the trucks because of the room to get in and out.
Can someone, maybe from IN, explain this process?
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel