Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2016, 10:35 AM   #1

Lazydays Warranty Opinions

Just purchased a Lacrosse 2015 318BHS TT, which we have not picked up yet as parts were needed to be ordered, but, my question is. They offered us an extended warranty which to me sounds to be a little outrageous in price, but I don't know much about these warranties. The lowest they quoted us was a 5 yrs $3,000 extended warranty, I am kind of skeptical to go for it or not, mind you if adding other things to it, like road side assistance, etc, etc, can even go to $9,000.
loly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 10:52 AM   #2

Sounds like you already bought a used unit and they are now trying to sell you a "Full of Loopholes " warranty to go with it! Look before you leap! Youroo! !
Old 12-13-2016, 10:53 AM   #3

I am also looking into Good Sams Extended Warranty, this is so confusing trying to make a decision, these things are not $50 or $100. And if after getting it, getting horrible service, husband would not be a happy camper then.
Old 12-13-2016, 10:54 AM   #4

My first impression Would be to RUN. You may want to check with Good Sam or other available warranties through the Web. Extended warranties are high profit items for any dealership. IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
MHBroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 10:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Sounds like you already bought a used unit and they are now trying to sell you a "Full of Loopholes " warranty to go with it! Look before you leap! Youroo! !
Yes, youroo, it is a used unit this is why we want the extended warranty because we don't know how far or intensive the usage of the TT was before we purchased it, but, this is why is kind of hard to decide these are very expensive. Looking to see what other's experiences have been with both Lazydays and Good Sams in repairs after it is purchased.
Old 12-13-2016, 10:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHBroker View Post
My first impression Would be to RUN. You may want to check with Good Sam or other available warranties through the Web. Extended warranties are high profit items for any dealership. IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
MHBROKER, thanks for your advice.
Old 12-13-2016, 11:06 AM   #7

That seems way too high. I think when I bought my past 3 rigs from RVWholesalers the 5 year warranty ran around $1500. Here is my take on when an extended warranty would make sense:

1. You aren't handy or don't want to spend the time doing any repairs yourself.

2. It would be infeasible for you financially to pay for a large repair bill, whereas the few extra dollars per month for the warranty would be unnoticed.

3. The warranty being offered isn't overpriced (yours is already disqualified per this criteria, IMHO), doesn't have a lot of strings attached that could let them easily squirm out of ever actually covering anything and doesn't require you to use the selling dealer to provide service. Many include clauses that you have to return to your dealer for an annual inspection that you have to pay for and so on, meaning the warranty is actually just a way to milk you for more money over the next five years. The warranty won't cover maintenance items such as roof sealant, tires, bearings and so on, and it's possible that you'll be required to have the dealer do whatever maintenance they claim you need for the warranty to remain intact- yet another massive money maker.
dustman_stx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 11:16 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
That seems way too high. I think when I bought my past 3 rigs from RVWholesalers the 5 year warranty ran around $1500. Here is my take on when an extended warranty would make sense:

1. You aren't handy or don't want to spend the time doing any repairs yourself.

2. It would be infeasible for you financially to pay for a large repair bill, whereas the few extra dollars per month for the warranty would be unnoticed.

3. The warranty being offered isn't overpriced (yours is already disqualified per this criteria, IMHO), doesn't have a lot of strings attached that could let them easily squirm out of ever actually covering anything and doesn't require you to use the selling dealer to provide service. Many include clauses that you have to return to your dealer for an annual inspection that you have to pay for and so on, meaning the warranty is actually just a way to milk you for more money over the next five years. The warranty won't cover maintenance items such as roof sealant, tires, bearings and so on, and it's possible that you'll be required to have the dealer do whatever maintenance they claim you need for the warranty to remain intact- yet another massive money maker.

Great points dustman_stx, will relay message to husband. We do need to make a decision. Yes the part where you say, dealer will require to do all maintenance with them, is kind of sticking in my head. CHI CHIN more money for them.
Also my husband is pretty handy, he own his own construction company and has a lot of knowledge when it comes to repairs, plumbing and electrical.
Old 12-21-2016, 08:29 PM   #9

If you have the details on the unit, call Goodsams and get a quote. They offer yearly payment options. Make sure the warranty is an exclusionary warranty. It will list specifically what it does not cover.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forum
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 11:56 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
If you have the details on the unit, call Goodsams and get a quote. They offer yearly payment options. Make sure the warranty is an exclusionary warranty. It will list specifically what it does not cover.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forum
Thank you Garrette...
Old 12-26-2016, 01:46 PM   #11
Georgia Rally Coordinator

From prices I've seen you can buy new for what they want for used and then no worry about warranty. I'd be a little Leary on why it got traded so quick. 1 maybe folks did not like, 2 to many issues with tt or 3 maybe just wanted to trade up. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 02:17 PM   #12

Put the 3 grand towards a new one and get the warranty it comes with or buy that one if you really like it and save the 3 grand+ for anything that may come up. That`s a lotta change for a TT warranty.
Old 12-26-2016, 04:40 PM   #13
Site Team

My first thought is No way. Most of these third party warranties require regular dealer maintenance ( expensive) and have lots of loopholes for denials. Make sure everything works before you sign any paperwork. Do not accept the " Sign for it now" and we will fix any problems later. Warranty work many times takes a back seat ( in sched) to paid service. As mentioned, if you can take the $3000 and add it to what you paid and go for a new one.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 11:07 AM   #14

If you feel that you want an extended warranty or service contract you may want to wait until your two years of warranty from Forest River is almost over before you buy one and Good Sam, I am told doesn't try to not pay. Good Luck
whj469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 08:43 AM   #15

Leaking roofs not covered
Ekw4156 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty