Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2016, 10:33 AM   #21

What is 'Lifetime' anyway? Lifetime could be a month or a decade or longer....

'Lifetime' is a vague word...lol

The only valid 'lifetime' warranty I take credence in is a transferable one and the only item I have that own that are, are my Swarovski binoculars. Lifetime transferable warranty covers everything except theft.

For $3000.00 for a pair of bino's, I expect no less.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 11:28 AM   #22

Why do I have to follow the maintenance guidelines outlined in my Warranty Forever® agreement?
Proper maintenance is the best preventative measure in reducing future breakdowns. Your RV is less likely to experience a breakdown if it is being properly maintained.

Above quote taken from the Warranty Forever webpage FAQs, which says it all 'lower the risk of repair to reduce the probability that it will need one.' So they are requiring you to have ' certified technician' perform the maintenance for you. Which sounds to me basically like a service contract on the trailer. I suspect that during the annual inspections they will recommend replacing any components that are showing signs of wear, but at your cost.
allears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 11:48 AM   #23
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-mo View Post
There is a lifetime warrenty...to the original purchaser....those who say different are wrong.
It was a well kept secret....you signed it on the date of purchase...the dealer sent it in for you...and it was retuned to you by FR...after being entered in by their admin.
I still have mine...pretty cheezy looking....but the company and dealer stands behind it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrimes View Post
Not sure if anyone still watching this discussion. I purchased a new A122s A frame popup in 2013. I had a few issues, leaks, poor fit, door not sealing and such. Took it in to my Rockwood dealer and they did a bit of work, but nothing really fixed. I didn't worry about it because i paid $100 for a "lifetime" warranty which covers parts and labor.

Not a third party warranty. It has FR logo and company info. BUT the dealer (not the same one i purchased from) said there is no such thing. They handed me a bill for $1100 for fixing the same things worked on in 2013 and told me there is no warranty. I asked the service mgr to call FR, which he did, then he told me again.."no warranty".

I called FR yesterday, talked to a very nice guy, who at first seemed puzzled by my warranty. I read it to him, then i asked, is this not a FR warranty? He said yes. First he said it only extends one extra year. Then i read the paragraph where it says "lifetime parts and labor".

He was very polite and said "don't worry, we will take care of it, but i have to talk with my boss".
Any chance of posting a photo showing this is a FR warranty and not the 'Warranty Forever' from NAE-NWAN in Cleveland, OH?

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 11:48 AM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
What is 'Lifetime' anyway? Lifetime could be a month or a decade or longer....

'Lifetime' is a vague word...lol

The only valid 'lifetime' warranty I take credence in is a transferable one and the only item I have that own that are, are my Swarovski binoculars. Lifetime transferable warranty covers everything except theft.

For $3000.00 for a pair of bino's, I expect no less.
I think in this case lifetime means exactly what it sounds like. The lifetime of the original owner or the lifetime of the rv. When one or the other ends, so does the warranty.

As far as transferable warranties, they are pretty rare in my experience. Even more rare would be lifetime transferable warranties. A company must have a lot of faith in it's product to warranty it literally forever.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 11:56 AM   #25

I read the "inspection" portion of towables...pretty bleak to me. I would think the slide would be an issue with inspection as well as a/c, frame, fridge, wiring etc. Aren't these(besides the roof) the failures? Strange.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 01:38 PM   #26

Please read the entire thread.
This not what was termed a forever warrenty...it requires no yearly checkups....and it was purchased for 100 bucks on the date of signing . ..at the dealership.
I have my copy...and it states exactly as i explained in my previos posts.
Old 11-17-2016, 01:54 PM   #27

Quote:
This not what was termed a forever warrenty...it requires no yearly checkups....and it was purchased for 100 bucks on the date of signing . ..at the dealership.
My apologies if I was "poking in" my thoughts... I was responding to another post. If it works it is an excellent purchase...if it doesn't then it would be my luck.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 02:15 PM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rburns4147 View Post
The lifetime warranty I got was included for "free" with the purchase price by the dealer and not by Forest River. I just found some paperwork on it and the warranty company does have a website:

RV Warranty Foreverâ„¢ - Home
Quote:
The OP specifically links to the forever warranty website.

You apparently have something different although it's something I (and apparently several others) have never heard of.
Old 11-17-2016, 02:19 PM   #29
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
The OP specifically links to the forever warranty website. You apparently have something different although it's something I've never heard about.
Which was why I asked the question several posts back for D-mo or dgrimes to please post a photo of the lifetime FR warranty.

Many who have been around a long time seem to have not heard of it and it would be interesting to see what it was/is.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 02:53 PM   #30
Site Team

I believe that there is a special warranty for FR popups, that a lifetime perk of some kind.
It was discussed here some time ago.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 03:08 PM   #31
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
I believe that there is a special warranty for FR popups, that a lifetime perk of some kind.
It was discussed here some time ago.
There is some kind of lifetime structural warranty available for the Flagstaff/Rockwood PUP campers. It mentions it on the last page of the brochures for these type campers. It has been there for awhile.

http://www.forestriverinc.com/brochu...ntbrochure.pdf

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 03:36 PM   #32
Site Team

It also mentions a limited lifetime warranty on the lift system.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 11-17-2016, 06:26 PM   #33

FR called me back, which i really appreciated. They are picking up the tab for about half of my repair bill, which is about $500 of an $1100 bill. The guy told me that my extended warranty was really only for one extra year.

The piece of paper i have says "lifetime parts and labor for lifetime of the original owner." Well i didn't get that, but i guess i should be happy to get half paid for.

I suppose one could argue the point of the wording on the warranty, but i get the feeling that won't change anything.
dgrimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 10:49 PM   #34
Site Team

Quote:

The piece of paper i have says "lifetime parts and labor for lifetime of the original owner." Well i didn't get that, but i guess i should be happy to get half paid for.
I for one would love to a pic of this piece of paper.
Can you take a pic of it and post it?
Old 11-17-2016, 11:33 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
There is some kind of lifetime structural warranty available for the Flagstaff/Rockwood PUP campers. It mentions it on the last page of the brochures for these type campers. It has been there for awhile.

http://www.forestriverinc.com/brochu...ntbrochure.pdf
Here's what it says, so you don't have to download it:

Warranty
For details on Flagstaff’s complete warranty program, see your Flagstaff dealer. When it comes to backing products with the same quality and commitment it does when it begins the manufacturing process, the only name you have to remember when you’re looking for a recreational vehicle is Flagstaff. Flagstaff offers the following additional limited warranties to the original purchasers. Consult written warranty for details.

1. Five-year roof warranty (Excludes Hardsides), 2. Twenty-five-year floor warranty, 3. Five-year frame warranty, 4. Five-year tent warranty, 5. Ten-year warranty on torsion axle suspension, 6. Limited lifetime warranty of lifter system (Excludes Hardsides), 7. One-year bumper to bumper. Ask your dealer about the available lifetime structural warranty.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 04:38 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Here's what it says, so you don't have to download it:

Warranty
For details on Flagstaff’s complete warranty program, see your Flagstaff dealer. When it comes to backing products with the same quality and commitment it does when it begins the manufacturing process, the only name you have to remember when you’re looking for a recreational vehicle is Flagstaff. Flagstaff offers the following additional limited warranties to the original purchasers. Consult written warranty for details.

1. Five-year roof warranty (Excludes Hardsides), 2. Twenty-five-year floor warranty, 3. Five-year frame warranty, 4. Five-year tent warranty, 5. Ten-year warranty on torsion axle suspension, 6. Limited lifetime warranty of lifter system (Excludes Hardsides), 7. One-year bumper to bumper. Ask your dealer about the available lifetime structural warranty.

The lifetime is for the Goshen lift system on popups made by Goshen Stamping.

What the brochure says means little just like when it comes to options. What matters is what the actual warranty documents say and the brochure even says "Consult written warranty for details".

Interesting the frame is noted as for 5 years..........

"Ask your dealer about the available lifetime structural warranty."

That's interesting also, how many dealers known anything about this?
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:24 AM   #37

OK i hope i have properly uploaded a scan of my warranty. This appears to be a different warranty than some of you are referring to. This is from Forest River and the title is "Forest River, Inc. Additional Lifetime Optional Protection Plan for Folding Camping Trailers.

The wording in the body contradicts itself. Early on, it says, 12 months extended warranty, then further down it says, lifetime on parts and labor for lifetime of the original owner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForestRiverWarranty.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	218.4 KB
ID:	125394  
dgrimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 10:36 AM   #38

Not a great pic. I blew your pic up and still can't read it. Can you post a better pic, OR just type what it says into a post?

Thanks

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 10:54 AM   #39
Site Team

Quote:
OK i hope i have properly uploaded a scan of my warranty. This appears to be a different warranty than some of you are referring to. This is from Forest River and the title is "Forest River, Inc. Additional Lifetime Optional Protection Plan for Folding Camping Trailers.

The wording in the body contradicts itself. Early on, it says, 12 months extended warranty, then further down it says, lifetime on parts and labor for lifetime of the original owner.
That's an older version. Here's the latest one. Time frame is 90 days now. I never realized they changed the wording.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...an-111231.html
Old 11-18-2016, 10:57 AM   #40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Not a great pic. I blew your pic up and still can't read it. Can you post a better pic, OR just type what it says into a post?

Thanks
It does say “This warranty provides lifetime parts and labor protection against manufacturing defects attributable to Forest River, Inc. with parts, Freight covered for the first 3 years.”

Tags
warranty