Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2019, 02:22 PM   #1

Looking For Best Online Deal For Honda EU220i Generator

Looking for the best deal Online for Honda EU220i Generator. I've tried GoSale, PIC and Best Deals websites searching for the best price but they don't scan all the websites that carry Honda products.
The lowest price I've found online is $1049.00 including Tax and Delivery to Zip Code 75002.
Thanks
Gary

Nothing lasts forever, So live it up,laugh it off, take chances, & never have regrets, because at one point, everything you did was exactly what you wanted.
GlowPlug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:37 PM   #2

Ebay, got mine $850 shipped.
latner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 03:32 PM   #3

I wouldn't trust Ebay to ship me a sticker, never mind an expensive piece of equipment...............I have seen some absolute nightmares happen with ebay.

To be honest, I don't think there are any deals on Honda generators. I think Honda pretty much has the market on them and controls the price. Pretty much everywhere is $1049, including here.

I think you would be better buying locally from a dealer/service place. I bought one recently and with the $1049 price, they set it up for you, add oil and gas, show you how to work it, and make sure it runs right before you take it home. Plus in the off chance something does go wrong, you just take it in and they fix it, no questions asked.

Sure, you can order from some website and get it shipped free, but I think there is a lot of value in buying one locally.
Old 12-09-2019, 03:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sky KLX View Post
I wouldn't trust Ebay to ship me a sticker, never mind an expensive piece of equipment...............I have seen some absolute nightmares happen with ebay.

To be honest, I don't think there are any deals on Honda generators. I think Honda pretty much has the market on them and controls the price. Pretty much everywhere is $1049, including here.

I think you would be better buying locally from a dealer/service place. I bought one recently and with the $1049 price, they set it up for you, add oil and gas, show you how to work it, and make sure it runs right before you take it home. Plus in the off chance something does go wrong, you just take it in and they fix it, no questions asked.

Sure, you can order from some website and get it shipped free, but I think there is a lot of value in buying one locally.
This was my experience when I bought mine. Local equipment store was the same price as all others but offered free extended warranty and four years of oil changes and routine maintenance. This was several years ago however.......
Old 12-09-2019, 05:09 PM   #5

Just placed call to my local Honda dealer here in the North Dallas,Tx area. They want $1139 plus tax 8.25%= $1232.97 to buy from my local dealer.
$183.97 higher than buying online.

Nothing lasts forever, So live it up,laugh it off, take chances, & never have regrets, because at one point, everything you did was exactly what you wanted.
Old 12-09-2019, 05:28 PM   #6
Pickin', Campin', Mason

If you want the cheapest price... eBay.
$899.99 and FREE shipping.

Honda EU220i Generator

I purchase LOTS of stuff on eBay and never had a shipping issue.
Guess I must be lucky.

Also be careful when price shopping... the EB2200i is less money because it is the companion model.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=86
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 05:36 PM   #7
Site Team

These guys often have the best prices

https://motosportsofukiah.com/Showro...ory=Generators
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
If you want the cheapest price... eBay.
$899.99 and FREE shipping.

Honda EU220i Generator

I purchase LOTS of stuff on eBay and never had a shipping issue.
Guess I must be lucky.

Also be careful when price shopping... the EB2200i is less money because it is the companion model.
That's the best price I've seen. Even with them charging for taxes it brings my total to 974.24

As with you, I've also ordered a ton of stuff from FleaBay and I've never had one issue with the items I bought or with the delivery service. Always use PayPal when I can for any of my online purchases just in case something goes wrong.

Old 12-09-2019, 06:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
These guys often have the best prices

https://motosportsofukiah.com/Showro...ory=Generators
Thanks for the tip on this vendor. It says to call for pricing on the EU2200i which I'll do.

Old 12-10-2019, 01:14 PM   #10

I don't think you'll find many price cuts on any Honda equipment. I've bought several Honda outboards and generators and even a lawn mower. Every dealer has told me the same thing - - Honda rigidly controls prices. I don't know the term but they even control how dealers can advertise prices - - they won't allow an advertised price below a set level. That's why you almost never see an advertised price but a lot of "call for price" blurbs. Best deal I ever got on a Honda product was when I became friends with a sales person at a Honda equipment dealer and they got me a great, discounted, not-advertised deal.
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 01:17 PM   #11

Honda makes use of Minimum Advertised Pricing (MAP). That's why you don't see them cheaper than $1049.

That doesn't mean you can't find one cheaper; you just won't see a published price for less. Not from an authorized dealer, anyway, if they want to receive more product in the future.
Reprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 02:09 PM   #12

L&M Supply (landmsupply.com), Grand Rapids, MN. $1149 with free shipping. This is our local, reputable fleet store.
frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 02:25 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gastan View Post
I don't think you'll find many price cuts on any Honda equipment. I've bought several Honda outboards and generators and even a lawn mower. Every dealer has told me the same thing - - Honda rigidly controls prices. I don't know the term but they even control how dealers can advertise prices - - they won't allow an advertised price below a set level. That's why you almost never see an advertised price but a lot of "call for price" blurbs. Best deal I ever got on a Honda product was when I became friends with a sales person at a Honda equipment dealer and they got me a great, discounted, not-advertised deal.

It's called "Fair Trade". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_trade_law

Some might call it price fixing but that really only occurs when multiple parties collude to offer a product for a set price to stifle competition.

What Honda and other companies that practice Fair Trade pricing practices do is to monitor the marketplace and if they find a "Dealer" who's violating the terms of their agreement, suddenly they get a new pricing schedule from the Mfr/Mfr's distribution.

At one time the only requirement of a Manufacturer that once sold to a Dealer was they merely had to continue to sell at a discount. No mandate that the discount remained the same. A factory I worked for as a Field Rep in the 70's controlled their pricing by merely removing errant distributor's price discount of 30% and replacing it with a 15% discount. They usually just went out of business or tried to buy from other suppliers.

In a way Honda is doing "the small guy" a favor and protecting them 'somewhat' from places like Home Depot, Costco, etc. that use their buying power to literally kill any competition from small, local, businesses.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 02:41 PM   #14

Harbor freight has there similar Predator unit for less than half the Honda price.

https://www.harborfreight.com/2000-w...tor-62523.html
2004 Silverado 2500HD diesel
transmission_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 03:09 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by transmission_doctor View Post
Harbor freight has there similar Predator unit for less than half the Honda price.

As well as the Champion models which are also available online. One can buy three 2,000 watt Champ's for the price of one Honda,

Just get two and parallel them if extra power is needed. One could pocket around $400 in savings and have 4 Kw of power if they want. (so you can run the microwave and A/C at the same time. Don't use the microwave, then maybe the Instant Pot and A/C at the same time

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 03:09 PM   #16

I purchase two Honda EU2200i generators from Ebay with free shipping, the one was $999.00, the other with the 30 amp outlet was $1049.00, also purchase the parallel kit. I paid for both through PayPal which will refund your cost if something arrives damaged or not at all. After about a year of ownership, Honda had a recall on this model to replace the fuel shutoff valve. I took both to a local Honda dealership and the fuel valves were replaced without question. Someone mentioned that by buying local, the dealership would set it up for you, other than putting oil in the crankcase, there is nothing to set up. I could teach a Moron how to add the oil & gas and start the unit in less than 2 minutes flat. Owners manual is very detailed with the instructions on maintenance and operation. With this said, where and how you spend your money is up to you
Walholler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 03:15 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by transmission_doctor View Post

It's also WAY louder, by 12db![emoji32] That's significant.
You can get the open-frame contractor-style Champion 3500w generator and it's rated at 65db also.
65db is too loud for an inverter generator. The Predator 3500w inverter generator is much quieter. IMHO that one is the only Predator model worth buying.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 04:17 PM   #18

FYI: Power products dealers have the slowest sales times from about Dec. 15 until about the end of February. Good time to get a deal. I see there is a Honda dealer in Plano.

Disclaimer: The actual value of my "Two Cents" of advice varies just like a bitcoin.
Bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 04:39 PM   #19

I bought one from Northern tools.

They had a $200 coupon the give away on $10000 purchases.

In the end mine was $800+.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 05:47 PM   #20

Honda is offering an additional 1 year warranty on the EU2200 when bought before Jan. 31, 2020. Must register online to get it.

Disclaimer: The actual value of my "Two Cents" of advice varies just like a bitcoin.
Bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator