Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2018, 01:09 PM   #1

Misleading information

We recently purchased a new 2017 2300 Sunseeker. The first time we viewed it the sales person pointed out the Pioneer stereo system and the Sirius Radio. The radio/system has an Sirius emblem on the front.
After we purchased the motorhome, we called Sirius to register and to get the 6 month free subscription that was included in our documents. I was told by Sirius the unit does not have a Sirius radio and that I would have to contact the dealer. I contacted the dealer and have been informed even though there is an Sirius Radio emblem Forest River does not include the radio in all of its motorhomes and we would have a part installed in the radio at our cost if we want the Sirius Radio.
I really feel that we were given the wrong information regarding the radio by the salesperson at the dealer, who by the way has quit his job. I also feel the Forest River is misleading their purchasers by installing a radio with the Sirius Radio Emblem and including a brochure for a six month free trial. You don't wait until after a purchase to then inform the purchaser.
Not impressed with the dealer or Forest River!
jopedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 01:23 PM   #2

Please take a closer look at your radio, it says "SiriusXM Ready." That does not mean it comes with SiriusXM capability but that it can be added. See attached, this is from Forest River's website for the Sunseeker.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 1.24.00 PM.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	166701  
Old 03-31-2018, 01:58 PM   #3

Hi, you are correct the Sirius Radio emblem in small print it does say "ready". I had to get a magnify glass to see it , it is that small. Even if it was pointed out we would of still thought we had the radio because the sales person told us, he never mentioned we would have to buy a part for it. "Ready" could mean it is ready to activate the subscription. Feeling mislead!
Thks
jopedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 02:03 PM   #4

Sorry the start of your adventures is starting out with a sour taste in your mouth, that is 100% on the salesperson. Whenever something is "Ready" it means that it can be added, this has been the case for many years.

In any event, I would say you've dodged a bullet. While SiriusXM is convenient, it is overpriced and if you cancel they will harass you with calls trying to get you to join back until you demand they remove your info from their systems. Our vehicles have SiriusXM-enabled radios and we canceled the service on all of them, now we use iTunes or streaming services like Pandora. Better sound quality and cheaper.

Enjoy your RV, don't let the little radio thing get you down!
Old 03-31-2018, 03:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDrax View Post
In any event, I would say you've dodged a bullet. While SiriusXM is convenient, it is overpriced and if you cancel they will harass you with calls trying to get you to join back until you demand they remove your info from their systems. Our vehicles have SiriusXM-enabled radios and we canceled the service on all of them, now we use iTunes or streaming services like Pandora. Better sound quality and cheaper.....
Agreed 100%. As a "proud" owner of a lifetime Sirius subscription it is an absolute waste of money. The content is actually really limited and repeats. And the subscription is only allowed to be played on the one device it is assigned.

However, for about $5 a month, Pandora provides endless play, channel customization, play on any device with one subscription and can also play in out of service areas. Well worth the money.
clarkbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 06:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkbre View Post
Agreed 100%. As a "proud" owner of a lifetime Sirius subscription it is an absolute waste of money. The content is actually really limited and repeats. And the subscription is only allowed to be played on the one device it is assigned.

However, for about $5 a month, Pandora provides endless play, channel customization, play on any device with one subscription and can also play in out of service areas. Well worth the money.
I have Sirius and can listen to both my radio receiver and on the internet at the same time. IMO, if you listen to music only then Pandora is your best choice. If you want a wide range of options including talk, news, sports, etc then Sirius is your best choice.
Hensley Hitch
Cabinfever97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:58 AM   #7

Don’t bother. As has been said, use Pandora. That’s what I do. I have a similar Pioneer radio in my Excursion and run the Pandora through Bluetooth. And if you hook the phone cord to the usb you can control it directly through the radio.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:30 AM   #8

Dropped my Sirius months ago. Every couple months the fee would increase and I cancelled. I use an Android phone and you can't bluetooth music to the radio...only the phone. (2014 GMC 2500HD) My son got me this little box called ROVERBEATS UNIFY. I plug it into the AUX on the radio and it sticks to the dash. My LG phone then connects to it via bluetooth and plays all my Google Play Music thru it. It's rechargeable and will run continuously for about 15 hours. I could just plug the phone into a AUX, but the ROVER is only slightly bigger than a quarter and a half inch thick or so. I have velcro on it and stick it to the dash and it doesn't get in the way of anything.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:35 AM   #9
Censored Member

So a question for those using Pandora. Do they provide a variety of sports channels (play by play games) and news channels? Just wondering because if they do I’m going to be cancelling Sirius/XM.
ManlyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:51 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManlyMan View Post
So a question for those using Pandora. Do they provide a variety of sports channels (play by play games) and news channels? Just wondering because if they do I’m going to be cancelling Sirius/XM.
Just did a quick look on my laptop and not really seeing anything but music on Pandora. They may have something, but I didn't see it.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:33 AM   #11

Quote:
check out the tunein radio app for phone. it has lots of different radio stations on it and has sports channels. I use it to listen to Nascar broadcast when there is none in my area
mshell56118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 09:18 AM   #12

Simply Bluetooth from my I phone which has the I phone app.

Jack
jaherbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:54 PM   #13

I have sirius xm, but I pay using a "privacy.com" account, and when it's time to renew, it stops the transaction. I then negotiate a better/reasonable rate with Sirius. Not afraid to cancel, but do enjoy it in the truck when out without Cell coverage.
ImTravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:58 PM   #14

Misleading information

I have sirius xm in my TV. I enjoy it because there’s no radio stations to fade in or out while traveling down the road.

I renew the subscription every six months just prior to it expiring. I always get it for $30 for six months.

I also pay with a virtual credit card number from my credit card company. This way, they never actually have my real credit card number. The virtual number is only good for the period of time I set and the limit I put on it.
spurticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 01:04 PM   #15

Quote:
Pandora is for music and expands upon what you input. You enter songs, groups, or type and it will expand the playlist with additional songs, groups that are similar to your selections.
Keystoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 01:56 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keystoner View Post
Pandora is for music and expands upon what you input. You enter songs, groups, or type and it will expand the playlist with additional songs, groups that are similar to your selections.
To answer the question that they asked regarding sports, the answer is no. Pandora does not live-stream any news or sporting events. It is 100% for music streaming from their existing library. If you want to live-stream events then you will need to use a different service as I'm pretty certain the various sports networks have apps and services to live-stream that stuff.
Old 08-19-2018, 09:27 AM   #17

I would think they may have made the salesperson resign. As for the Sirius radios, it’s not worth the money. The first week or so it’s great flipping through the channels, then you end up listening to one or two, maybe three. You can get all kinds of apps that cost a fraction of the cost. iTunes, iHeartRadio radio, pandora, and others. Be glad they saved you the money
sunnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 08:22 AM   #18

Geez, I guess no Howard Stern fans here!
dthomso1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 08:40 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthomso1 View Post
Geez, I guess no Howard Stern fans here!
25 years ago, maybe!

I've gotten free trials of Sirius with a number of cars and found it extremely repetitive and annoying to listen to their promos. The only part I liked was the comedy but they would play excepts from one hour specials and stuff and then cut it off right in the middle of a joke because some arbitrary amount of time had passed.

All that being said, the OP was clearly mislead.
Travel Pooch:Sophie the Sato - Cats: Rhody and Hazy
2018:22nights / 2019:31Nights / 2020:18Nights
Mr Towed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 08:55 AM   #20

Quote:
All that being said, the OP was clearly mislead.
So what is new?

Sirus is way over-priced for what you get...

Take the free 6 month subscription, add the free app to your smartphone and bluetooth it into your MH stereo... then you have lost nothing...

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote