Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2012, 07:33 AM   #1

msrp discount

Hi all...my wife and I are purchasing our first TT...a Flagstaff ds25. Anybody know how much discount we should expect off msrp. Assume no dealer prep or options. Thnx....Bo
boingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by boingram View Post
Hi all...my wife and I are purchasing our first TT...a Flagstaff ds25. Anybody know how much discount we should expect off msrp. Assume no dealer prep or options. Thnx....Bo
Best thing to do is price shop same year make and model at several dealers .
I went online and searched about a 150 mile radius seeing the price differences.
Luckily enough the best price was 30 miles away!
Good luck and have fun!

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #3
Missing Link

You'll get a lot of different answers but for example we bought a new puma this past spring. Msrp was $27,7?? we paid $20,999 + tax and title which put us at $24,4?? otd. Could of saved a little more at another dealer but this dealer was leaps and bounds ahead of the other in the customer service area. So if your happy with the price and the dealer is treating you right. Buy it.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #4
Site Team - Lou

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...r-22447-2.html

Read this thread

Then read this entire article at Edmunds

http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/co...-salesman.html
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #5
Site Team

since most MSRP numbers, are made up by the dealers, there's no set answer.
one way a lot of people do, is get prices from dealers like RVWholesalers or RVDirect and compare their prices to others.

most of the time, these two dealers are 30-40% off of so-called MSRP.

out here in Calif., most RV's sell for close to MSRP prices, but our MSRP prices are higher than the ones in other areas of the country.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #6
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by boingram
I'd recommend doing a large regional web search for that type of camper to compare where your sales price numbers should be, then use that research to haggle at your local dealer if you are wanting to buy local.
Of course, their are many other parts of the transaction that'll effect what the Dealer is willing to do on price...remember, that unit your eye balling at the Dealer isn't the last camper in the world...move on if your not comfortable.
Good luck and have fun with your search

Old 12-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #7
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I went to 2 dealers that were within 2 hours of me and got their order/price sheets. The only difference between the two was their quoted shipping costs. I also compared what their MSRP would work out to with other quoted prices online (with the same options). I then started negotiating with the dealers and got a final price that was approx 75% of the MSRP. My end price was $15k less than MSRP (including shipping) and 6k lower than the lowest "sales" price I found/received (usually didn't include shipping).

During the negotiations the dealer said twice he couldn't go lower. Both times I said that was what I was willing to pay if he wanted the deal. Both times he called me back with a new offer. With the last offer finally meeting my price.

Bottomline ... Do the research, know your budget and most of all ... negotiate, negotiate and then negotiate some more. Do not take their listed "sales" price. Do not take their first or even second reduced price. They usually can and will go lower.

Best of luck in your search!

TV: 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie CC LB 4x4 DRW
RV: 2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
Days Camped: 2012 (3) 2013 (22)
Next Trip: Mission Bay, CA 6/6 - 6/9
DnD is offline   Reply With Quote