RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 08-27-2012, 06:22 AM   #1

NADA Accurate?

I have been looking at various travel trailers. I have found pricing all over the board in relationship to the NADA guide. Also found some that NADA doesn't include. Is the guide fairly accurate?
unclelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:28 AM   #2

Nope. Dealer cost is almost impossible to get info. Used prices are all over the place and are basically what the "gullible buyer" can be convinced to pay. Trade in values? Forget about it!

Lots of people report they can negotiate down to 67% of MSRP on a new unit, depending on model and time of year. I've done that several times. If you can get near this number, you have done very well. Don't pay more than 75% of MSRP regardless.
crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:29 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclelar
I have been looking at various travel trailers. I have found pricing all over the board in relationship to the NADA guide. Also found some that NADA doesn't include. Is the guide fairly accurate?
I'd say it's close in most cases but only good research of your unit will give you a good average.
Check classifieds or eBay for like units.
Also Google same unit for price comparos
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:30 AM   #4

It's a good tool to use to see what things may be worth. The market will really dictate what sells for like units. If people can buy new for equal or less than used than that's going to drive down used prices which NADA or KBB don't reflect. Same goes for cars. It's a good tool and leave it at that.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #5
Site Team

not even close.
you have to use other sources, like the ones suggested, along with NADA prices.
NADA prices are based on MSRP, which is not consistent in the RV industry and no one buys a RV at MSRP.
plus prices vary regionally, since most RV's are built in the Midwest and dealers farther away have to pay higher delivery costs.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #6

Thanks for all the help.
unclelar is offline   Reply With Quote