Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2015, 11:45 AM   #101

I hope nobody is in a big hurry when they are behind us at a dump station.. We will have two bathrooms to dump!!
RVnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:37 PM   #102

There's nothing more satisfying, than the morning poop...
Pop open the outside door, and gaze out into the campground.

Ps. Don't camp beside me.

2008 F350 CCSB V10
2016 Sabre 36QBOK
Old 09-18-2015, 12:49 PM   #103
KAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
There's nothing more satisfying, than the morning poop...
Pop open the outside door, and gaze out into the campground.

Ps. Don't camp beside me.

2008 F350 CCSB V10
2016 Sabre 36QBOK
Life's simple pleasures, eh?
KAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 02:52 PM   #104
Gold Miner At Heart

I have purchased two used campers over the years counting the one I currently own. The PO never used the oven at all. This still boggles my mind. And even if someone said they never used the toilet. First of all, I wouldn't believe them and even if I did I would be afraid the rubber seals and stuff would be dried out. Crazy
Old 09-21-2015, 12:50 AM   #105

Well we were at a RV park this weekend and I found a guy who uses his shower but you can only pee in the toilet.. He says its his choice and he dont want to deal with chunks.. OMG
RVnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 12:26 AM   #106

yup. # 1 only in my toilet. No odors. No residue to worry about in the tank. No toilet paper to hamper the flush paddle.nEverything washes out with some dish washing liquid an copious amounts of water.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 12:40 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
yup. # 1 only in my toilet. No odors. No residue to worry about in the tank. No toilet paper to hamper the flush paddle.nEverything washes out with some dish washing liquid an copious amounts of water.
And I am proud that we use ours all the time for everything and it is not a problem at all. No odors, no stuck toilet paper, no residue. Cleans out very easily and quickly. Now that's more to be proud of. Nothing in life slows us down or frightens us, we are alive!! Bring it on world.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 01:52 AM   #108

So we picked up our new 364 on Nov 2 and in the first two weeks we were out using our new rig 7 of those days.. And yes for the price we USED everything to make sure it all works The DW was the first to use both bathrooms totally.. They are so easy to clean it is wrong to not use them..

Also when we picked up our new unit we mentioned this post to the sales manager.. After she quit laughing she said we dont even ask if the bathrooms have been used.. It is assumed and it has NO NO effect on resale value.. Just saying
Old 11-24-2015, 10:28 AM   #109

I for one did not buy my trailer for resale value. I bought to enjoy and use, and yes we used everything. By the time I'm ready to be done with mine I will have gotten my money's worth out of it so any money I get will be a bonus. Not using something because of fear of resale value decrease is FUNNNY!
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:40 AM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac04401 View Post
I for one did not buy my trailer for resale value. I bought to enjoy and use, and yes we used everything. By the time I'm ready to be done with mine I will have gotten my money's worth out of it so any money I get will be a bonus. Not using something because of fear of resale value decrease is FUNNNY!
Totally agree.. If folks dont have time to clean the holding tanks than maybe they should consider just going with a motel.. We also like to boondock so not having a bathroom is not an option and pit toilets suck and stink
Old 11-24-2015, 10:44 AM   #111

Quote:
X2

Bruce
Old 11-24-2015, 11:21 AM   #112

I didn't read through all the posts but I can tell you I didn't buy a $70,000. plus toilet and then not use it. Just boggles my mind and I do know people who don't use their bathroom period. They use the campground facilities totally. I guess the people who don't use their trailer facilities don't boondock.
Pipeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:28 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
Seems your limited as to where you go if need to use a campgrounds bathrooms. Yours is probably more pleasant
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:35 AM   #114
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evereddie View Post
And I am proud that we use ours all the time for everything and it is not a problem at all. No odors, no stuck toilet paper, no residue. Cleans out very easily and quickly. Now that's more to be proud of. Nothing in life slows us down or frightens us, we are alive!! Bring it on world.
X2

One of the advantages of having your own...you know its clean!!!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 10:21 AM   #115

Never heard this before

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
You are doing it right Papa - you can even save some extra $$$ by making your own holding tank chemicals: 1/3 each Superclean, Pinesol & Liquid Calgon water softener. And lots of water...Lots and Lots of water!

Did I mention you should put lots of water in your black tank?

Bamabob..what is super clean? And lots of water get it lol😱

Cindi Mac
Cindimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 10:49 AM   #116

Quote:
You are soooooo right about that. I hate trading anything in that hasn't been used up. That's like leaving money on the table.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:47 AM   #117

Do farts count?
larryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:54 AM   #118

I bought a used camper that had a toilet that was never used. Not sure why the previous owners didn't use it. I didn't care either way but was a selling point, weird.
Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:12 AM   #119

Quote:
You are 100% correct. When we bought our 5th wheel brand new, I found myself being careful of this or that and telling my son not to stand on the seats or climb on everything. Then I caught myself and said we bought this to enjoy and make lifelong memories, and most of all have fun. My goal is for it to last ten years, every year after that is a bonus. If I do ever go to sell it I want people to look at it and say damn that thing was used....lol. The only thing that will not be touched is the oven. I'm a weekend camper and if I can't BBQ it, I won't cook it.
abomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:24 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by abomb View Post
You are 100% correct. When we bought our 5th wheel brand new, I found myself being careful of this or that and telling my son not to stand on the seats or climb on everything. Then I caught myself and said we bought this to enjoy and make lifelong memories, and most of all have fun. My goal is for it to last ten years, every year after that is a bonus. If I do ever go to sell it I want people to look at it and say damn that thing was used....lol. The only thing that will not be touched is the oven. I'm a weekend camper and if I can't BBQ it, I won't cook it.

Oh yeah, I agree 100%, the first two TT I was that way, but with our new to us 2650 Sunseeker, caution has been throw out the door, for one thing, we paid lots of good money for this, and I'll be damn if I can't cook, or go to the bathroom because of resale value. We want to enjoy everything that life has to offer, just newly retired and we've earned it...
Happy trails

Cindi Mac
Cindimac is offline   Reply With Quote