Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2015, 06:51 AM   #61
Team Bleu

That's best I've heard, sounds more like he can't deal with the sewer...... just saying
DBsRedVett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 07:19 AM   #62

toilet

Thats funny I agree with everyone they are meant to be used not looked at. But we camp with friends that won't use theirs except to take a leak. I guess I missed the memo!
siskom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 07:28 AM   #63

I ran into a guy with a hybrid TT who wouldn't use the toilet for pooping -- he would only allow urinating and any toilet paper had to go into a waste basket. He thought nothing of leaving his black tank valve open with a garden hose adapter cap and a hose run a distance from his camper. He rationalized that "it is no different than an animal peeing in the woods." Some people just make me shake my head in disbelief.

Bruce
Old 08-29-2015, 07:56 AM   #64

I don't understand what the issue is with dealing with black tanks - you hook up a hose and drain them. When we started camping 30+ years ago in a pop-up with a port-a-pot our kids were little. Now it's just the DW and me in our travel trailer, so dealing with the black tank is NOTHING compared to dealing with a port-a-pot with little kids who seem to be able to poop a lot!
kluza2786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 08:07 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluza2786 View Post
I don't understand what the issue is with dealing with black tanks - you hook up a hose and drain them. When we started camping 30+ years ago in a pop-up with a port-a-pot our kids were little. Now it's just the DW and me in our travel trailer, so dealing with the black tank is NOTHING compared to dealing with a port-a-pot with little kids who seem to be able to poop a lot!
I agree! I'm not touching anything but the hose and valve. I put on my rubber gloves, hook everything up, dump, rinse the hose and put back in the bumper.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:11 AM   #66

I do not miss the good old days and crapper meadows
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 11:47 PM   #67
Pockets

Stick your head in the bowl and open the valve LOL
3.5L Ecoboost, 3:73 axle, Max Tow Pkg 2015(36 nights) 2016(74 nights) 2017(174 nights) 2018(157 nights) 2019(79 nights) 2020(108 nights)
Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 12:54 AM   #68
Moderator Emeritus

Wow, I think your friend is a hamburger and fries short of a Happy Meal!

We usually don't even make it out to the campsite before we have to pull over for a break and let the dogs out and we use the bathroom and get a snack....we love not having to search for a clean gas station bathroom for over 5 years, now!!! (And, for the record, a clean gas station bathroom is about as common as an honest politician!!)
8-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4 (with Firestone airbags in the rear)
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 01:24 AM   #69
Pockets

Sounds like the missus. She loves the TT for its facilities
3.5L Ecoboost, 3:73 axle, Max Tow Pkg 2015(36 nights) 2016(74 nights) 2017(174 nights) 2018(157 nights) 2019(79 nights) 2020(108 nights)
Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:08 PM   #70
fx2

We have friends who do not allow #2 in their toilet. We were camping with them and they asked if we do. I responded "I'm paying for it, I'm damn well using it." They couldn't believe it. Come to find out he didn't want to deal with poop dumping. Doesn't bother me any. We have a black tank flush but every once in a while one of the kids will not flush right and I have to get the wand out. Even that doesn't bother me, had to do it just this morning.

The resale argument sounds like BS to me.
2002 Ford F250 7.3l 4x4
fx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:27 PM   #71

Your friends must be new to RVing and really boring around the camp fire. Ew the smoke is getting me/the bugs are getting me/come on Harold we are going inside.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:56 PM   #72
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

In our RV the toilet is always available!!! When the call of nature hits in the middle of nowhere the RV stops in the middle of nowhere. I've even used it behind a truck accident in the middle of the interstate while waiting for the hiway to open up. That's what it's made for.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 10:40 PM   #73
KAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
Your friends must be new to RVing and really boring around the camp fire. Ew the smoke is getting me/the bugs are getting me/come on Harold we are going inside.
HAHAHA! I can see it now, and she's got on make-up, hairspray, jewelry and is wearing high heels too!
KAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 11:40 AM   #74

This may be a little off the subject. First of all we use ours. That is what we bought it for. However I admit to being a little lazy. If the campground has decent facilities I will use theirs.

However I may be treating mine wrong. I have been using the packets of blue powder that I mix in a two gallon bucket and pour down the stool before use. I have never noticed a bad smell. When I dump I dump the tank then run a bunch of clear water in it and dump again. I then dump my grey water and do the same with it. No smell and my waste hose it put in a tote and even in it there is no smell. I will admit to my nose don't work so well anymore so that may be part of it too

So I guess my question is am I treating my tank the wrong way?
Old 08-31-2015, 12:02 PM   #75

Mannnnn...I hope they NEVER take a long sea cruise!! They wouldn't know what to do first when they had too...BARF or POOP(foregone conclusion on the latter?). ;]

People ARE strange (RIP Jim Morrison!)? And I thought "I" was bad!! Unbelievable and funny!

PS: PAPA...sounds like you are doing it correctly to me. I eliminate the mixing part and just chunk(pour) the blue powders directly into the black tank after running around a gallon of preliminary clear water in first so that it dissolves better. Never had a problem. Unless...I'm missing something here...and you are putting us on? Press on!
Old 08-31-2015, 01:34 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAS View Post
HAHAHA! I can see it now, and she's got on make-up, hairspray, jewelry and is wearing high heels too!
That would be her.
Old 08-31-2015, 01:39 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rich View Post
This may be a little off the subject. First of all we use ours. That is what we bought it for. However I admit to being a little lazy. If the campground has decent facilities I will use theirs.

However I may be treating mine wrong. I have been using the packets of blue powder that I mix in a two gallon bucket and pour down the stool before use. I have never noticed a bad smell. When I dump I dump the tank then run a bunch of clear water in it and dump again. I then dump my grey water and do the same with it. No smell and my waste hose it put in a tote and even in it there is no smell. I will admit to my nose don't work so well anymore so that may be part of it too

Yes. Don't you know these things are suppose to stink. Wife and kids telling you should never have bought it. People wont come in and visit. Sheesh papa.
Old 08-31-2015, 01:58 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVnut View Post
Ok the wife has a friend who purchased a travel trailer about 3 years ago.. They hardly use the thing for one reason.. He wont let them use them use the toilet because he says they will have a higher trade-in value if it is still like new..

We just filled out a trade in form and nowhere did it ask if the toilet had ever been used.. What do you all think?? lol
Surely....you jest

Tell him trailer age (in years) and interior/exterior condition are the only resale variables.
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:03 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rich View Post

You are doing it right Papa - you can even save some extra $$$ by making your own holding tank chemicals: 1/3 each Superclean, Pinesol & Liquid Calgon water softener. And lots of water...Lots and Lots of water!

Did I mention you should put lots of water in your black tank?
Old 08-31-2015, 02:07 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
My mother in law had the same idea about the oven. "No one wants a dirty, used oven." I think she just didn't like to bake. 5 rvs and never used the oven for anything other than storage. I laughed so hard she got offended. She laughs about it now tho.
Nah it's probably becaus propane ovens never really work that great - even with the pizza stone mod they are crappy.

I can hardly wait for the day that convection microwaves (and induction cooktops!) replace propane ovens and stoves!