Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2023, 03:47 PM   #21

RV Dynasty in Bunker Hill, IN has on their website:
"Payments are estimates based on 10% down and 6.99% APR for qualified buyers."

I'm currently drooling over this 2023 Wolfpack 315 Pack 12 they have discounted to $56,995!

https://www.rvdynasty.com/product/ne...k12-2056140-26
krazyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 03:57 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyk View Post

I'm currently drooling over this 2023 Wolfpack 315 Pack 12 they have discounted to $56,995!

seems high for that rv with 1 slide-out, 1 bedroom (kinda cool with the party patio though) layout seems tight too, just did 3d view of it.

If we were gonna upgrade it would be this:

https://rv.campingworld.com/rvdetail...0k-ALNY1916715

On sale for 66K from 96K
2015 RAM 2500 HD 4x4 4DR 6.7L Diesel

jimspencer741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 04:18 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimspencer741 View Post
seems high for that rv with 1 slide-out, 1 bedroom (kinda cool with the party patio though) layout seems tight too, just did 3d view of it.

If we were gonna upgrade it would be this:

https://rv.campingworld.com/rvdetail...0k-ALNY1916715

On sale for 66K from 96K

You might not have noticed the Wolfpack model I was looking at is a Toy Hauler. You posted a regular RV. We require a garage for my HD Street Glide. The one you posted seems like a great deal though.
Old 01-03-2023, 04:37 PM   #24

Quote:
You might not have noticed the Wolfpack model I was looking at is a Toy Hauler. You posted a regular RV. We require a garage for my HD Street Glide. The one you posted seems like a great deal though.
yes i posted a regular one for us, not you.

i did notice your is a toy hauler - i did see on floorplan and noted that the party patio is kinda cool though. Just saw this the weight capacity, its a small toy hauler meaning low cargo weight capacity of only 3,040lbs, max weight 14,260, not much to haul. Wow google says your HD Street Glide is around 850lbs, leaves like 2,190 left over. Add water if you boondock take another 800lbs for the water, leaves: 1,390 minus all other cargo might had some leftover or be over weight at that time.

Might as well get one that can handle more if prices out there are getting low.

Check this out:

you could do that instead and get a regular full size 5th wheel instead
2015 RAM 2500 HD 4x4 4DR 6.7L Diesel

Old 01-03-2023, 06:02 PM   #25

"get a regular full size 5th wheel instead"

Lol, thanks but the WP 315 is 40'7" long and 13'5" high. Hardly a small RV. It's the perfect size for the two of us, my Harley, and my SRW tow diesel. I think that one should list around high 80's to $90,000 MSRP.

About the video. I could never tow my Harley on an open trailer or expose it to the elements.
Old 01-03-2023, 07:27 PM   #26

Quote:
"get a regular full size 5th wheel instead"

Lol, thanks but the WP 315 is 40'7" long and 13'5" high. Hardly a small RV. It's the perfect size for the two of us, my Harley, and my SRW tow diesel. I think that one should list around high 80's to $90,000 MSRP.

About the video. I could never tow my Harley on an open trailer or expose it to the elements.
Small has in living and area and not a big payload compared to other true toy haulers with 3 axles.

Our current 5th wheel is 41.5' long and just under 13' tall.

But then again, whatever floats ya boat lol
Old 01-03-2023, 09:12 PM   #27

Quote:

I can understand why you're 'drooling' over the Wolfpack 315 Pack12.
It's got a king bed, the tv is in a good place in front of the theater seating(or sofa), a L-shaped kitchen, a loft, and lots of room to haul your toys. Plus an outdoor kitchen. What are you waiting for?
Old 01-05-2023, 07:31 PM   #28

Quote:
It is becoming a buyers market if you need a new RV. I just saw some bargain prices on 2022 and even 2023 5th wheel toy-haulers. We have been considering upgrading for awhile and its getting harder to resist some of these discounted new units. What do you guys say?
Not for us. We like our 2020 Flagstaff. 37’ and all the camper we need. Have it outfitted for us and it’s all buttoned up now and in great shape. Pull it with our proven F250 that’s a pulling beast now that it graduated from diesel school a few years ago. No payments, just pure fun and relaxation! Newer isn’t always better! But to each his or her own!!
reevesfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 07:49 PM   #29

Actually, unless you just have to have the newest and best, the older 5th wheels like ours, 2005 37'RDQS, are much better built. We haven't had any major issues with ours. Just a few things replaced in the last 3 or 4 yrs. convertor and recently the fantastic fan (they no longer call them that). The fridge, AC, furnace, fireplace stove all still work just fine. It is like new inside. We may be selling it this spring, so keep your eyes open on here. RV Trader too.
desuhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 11:08 AM   #30

We bought our Grey Wolf 27RR fiberglass exterior Limited a few years ago brand new. Very few quality control issues and nothing that required warranty work. Of course I replaced the tires with GY Endurance. We paid it off early last year.

I'm considering the WP 315 because it seems like a good choice for moving up to a 5th wheel toy hauler. The 2023 has some great improvements including the loft. Do the members here really thing quality control on the new FR units has nose dived badly?
Old 01-06-2023, 12:16 PM   #31

Quote:
We bought our Grey Wolf 27RR fiberglass exterior Limited a few years ago brand new. Very few quality control issues and nothing that required warranty work. Of course I replaced the tires with GY Endurance. We paid it off early last year.

I'm considering the WP 315 because it seems like a good choice for moving up to a 5th wheel toy hauler. The 2023 has some great improvements including the loft. Do the members here really thing quality control on the new FR units has nose dived badly?

It all depends on the Forest River Division. They are not all built the same or have the same build quality.
Scotrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 03:22 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotrv View Post
It all depends on the Forest River Division. They are not all built the same or have the same build quality.

Where do the members think the Wolpack division ranks in quality?

for instance GM:
Cadillac
Buick
GMC
Chevrolet
Old 01-06-2023, 04:28 PM   #33
Site Team

Quote:

for instance GM:
Cadillac
Buick
GMC
Chevrolet
If you meant Wolfpack, Wolfpack is not a division. It's a Toyhauler line of the Cherokee division. I would say Chevrolet.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 04:59 PM   #34

Build Quality and Right time to buy

Regarding Build Quality. Our 2020 Sierra 5th Wheel has been quite good. We did have some issues that we got taken care of under warranty that I've previously documented on this forum. 4 points I'd like to make:
1. We have been on 20 trips now including complete West to East Coast and back with the RV. Love the fun it offers and have been quite happy with the RV. I believe the "quality degradation" drumbeat is overplayed. My opinion.
2. I believe much of my personal/positive RV experience is in part due to this forum. I've read and taken huge amounts of advice/ideas/best practices from this forum. It's a gold mine.
3. RV ownership is not for everyone. You sort of need to have a technical accumen and/or competence for a lot of stuff. You can/should rely on the pro's/experts especially for more significant items and significant warranty items, but there will also be other things that are simply operational in nature and if you don't have some technical sense about how things function you will struggle with RV operation, maintenance and ownership in my opinion.
4. Is now right time to buy? There are always going to be those who get/got a better deal, but do your homework and follow best practices for negotiation and buy when it feels right to you. I posted previously about dealer shopping for good deal. I do believe the current economy will start resulting in dealers having more price elasticity compared to a few months ago.
RV Bicyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 05:35 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
If you meant Wolfpack, Wolfpack is not a division. It's a Toyhauler line of the Cherokee division. I would say Chevrolet.

That's exactly what I meant and was thinking the same. The Cherokee division is the Chevrolet of FR. They may not be as fancy as some but I don't think the build quality suffers because of it.
Old 01-08-2023, 05:11 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post

Morelike ford or datsun definitely a middle or lower grade RV.
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 01:28 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
[/COLOR]

Morelike ford or datsun definitely a middle or lower grade RV.

Your bashing the Cherokee Wolfpack? You must own an FR product or you wouldn't be here. I don't see how a Wolfpack is a lower grade RV. Compared to what? Have you owned one?
Old 01-08-2023, 03:49 PM   #38

Quote:

YES QC is nonexistent these days on FR brands.
In 18 we bought a 2017 Roo used. Previous owner had only used it a few times and still smelled new. No real issues with it.
Last year we bought a 2022 27RR and it is a cheap ass unit. It’s little minor crap but still a lot more than other new units we’ve had since 2004.
The biggest issue is the damn “One control” center. It has not worked since our 1st trip. Shop had it for 8 weeks trying to get it to work. FR was no help at all. Finally approved a new control board and it worked for 1/2 trip. Now we fight again.
Bamamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 03:51 PM   #39

Don't confuse...

Quote:

for instance GM:
Cadillac
Buick
GMC
Chevrolet
Don't confuse low price/low frills with low quality components or sleazy assembly.

Just for example, I would rather have a Tahoe or Suburban than an Escalade. All those extra pushbuttons and electronics are just more things to go wrong. They all have the same frames and powertrain.

When I carefully read the responses to the question you have asked about ranking Wolfpack, I get the sense that most of the answers have been responding with regard to low price/low frills and not about quality.

I am going to refrain from responding because it's too difficult to avoid misinterpretation of answers to your question.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 09:35 PM   #40

Quote:
Financing through an RV dealer seems to be outrageous. Over 8%. Most credit unions are in the 4% range but still higher than they were a year or so ago.
Some institutions, often with good rates, won't finance RV's.

Probably have had to repo too many and took a bath on the resale.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Forest River Forums mobile app

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote