Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2015, 02:09 PM   #1

Newbie - Insurance

Is there a "type" of RV insurance?

Is it different from Auto insurance, that general repairs might be covered, contents, etc?
deanjp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 02:25 PM   #2

Repairs are usually covered by warranties, and then you can get a service contract if you wish (the jury seems split on these)

There are a few types of insurance (there are some threads on here that will go into detail about coverage and cost).

Basically while towing your vehicle policy is extended to the trailer, while parked though it is not, this is why people get insurance (comp, incident and contents).

Nights Camped (2018-16) (2017-16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 04:41 PM   #3

The trailer is not always covered when towing js. I know mine is not it has its own separate collision ins. But when it comes to the trailer being parked a lot of things are covered under comprehensive ins. such as leaks , mice ,or something falling on it such as a tree branch. But one thing to consider is all company's/ states are probably different.
MIsalem26bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:00 PM   #4

When we bought our TT, USAA said I needed to carry insurance on the TT itself. I have comp/collision and towing on ours.

2009 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab
2014 33' SOB TT
TheDiGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 10:31 AM   #5

It should be RV insurance and not added to an auto policy.
Many add on to their auto policy which pays off with actual cash value (ACV) and on an RV policy you can get replacement value for the first five years. If the RV is financed the lender will require insurance. If it is financed it is possible that the ACV could be less then what you owe on it. We went with Good Sam insurance. Good Luck
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags