Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2021, 08:25 PM   #1

Order times

Has anyone else recently ordered a travel trailer? I just ordered a Salem Hemisphere and was wondering what the expected lead time should be. Dealer gave me a very wide range of when to expect it.
MO.Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 03:01 AM   #2
Site Team

Sorry but I don’t have any personal experience with wait time with ordering an RV. Due to RVs being in much high demand right, thanks to COVID, I’m curious how long it will be.

BTW - congratulations on your new unit!

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 08:04 AM   #3

When we ordered ours a few years back, we ordered in February and got it mid May. If you are going to do it, you might want to get after it
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 08:45 AM   #4

Ordered mine last year. Ordered February 2020 got delivery in July 2020 (22 weeks) a full 5 month's. I was told 4-5 weeks. I always heard norm was 6-8 weeks but this Covid has things all over the place. Mine was ordered and due before the Covid shutdowns but got delayed for other reason's (factory or dealer?) who knows who to believe. Then put Covid on top of it. I missed half of last year
Boborc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 08:14 PM   #5

Wow that stinks. We sold our Cherokee and by the time it sold there weren’t any of the model in stock like we wanted. Dealer told me 2 to 4 months lead time when I ordered last week. We have a seasonal spot we usually set up at around the end of April. Hope it’s not to much beyond that.
MO.Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 11:55 PM   #6

Kinda of like my story. Ordered the trailer, sold my old trailer asap thinking I was gonna have a new one in a month or so and then I started cancelling reservations that I had in May & June. Got the trailer 5 days before my July trip, So that got all messed up. Never had a chance to put it through a proper rundown before going camping. Finding all those things the factory missed and doing my own mod's and installs for much of the first trip.
Boborc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 07:24 AM   #7

Still waiting...

Gave them the down payment On November 12, 2020 and was told 8 weeks plus the factory shuts down for 2 weeks over Christmas. The factory told my salesman after he called on January 12th (2 full months) it’ll be towards the end of February.
Said they’re waiting on appliances to install in the trailers. Air conditioners, refrigerators...
It is was it is. Thanks Covid.
On an upside, I did just sell my truck camper real quick for $1200 less than we paid for it in 2006!

2021 Flagstaff 26FKBS, 99 F250 SD diesel LB 2WD - 26FKBS (2608BS) Mods
luv2skyski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 08:48 AM   #8

We just brought home a new 2021 Arctic Wolf from Camping World of Piqua Ohio. There was an RV dealership bought out by Camping World, so 148 new units were delivered the week before we arrived. They were happy to deal and move some units quickly.
Mbarnhart88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 07:03 PM   #9

Order a forest river salem 33ts first week of December and keeps getting pushed... My next offline date given was Mid june. Part shortages. Others in this boat still?
Keelanmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 07:32 PM   #10

I ordered a Apex 265RBSS end of January. Salesman told me the dealership was looking at April. He told me he was thinking more like first part of May. I went over their head and made contact with Apex as I was concern about the delay because of parts. They responded that my tt was scheduled to come off line mid April. So my salesman was pretty much right on (I hope)
2011 GMC Acadia SLT (wife’s)
2007 Honda Goldwing
Marc J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 07:43 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keelanmck View Post
Order a forest river salem 33ts first week of December and keeps getting pushed... My next offline date given was Mid june. Part shortages. Others in this boat still?
Not in the same boat anymore. The dealer “Couch’s” promised a lot of things during the sales process. Including contact and updates at least every 4 weeks, Vin number within 6 weeks of down payment, and factory build date within 6 weeks of down payment. Only contact I had after I paid my down payment was initiated by me beginning at week 6, and weekly after that. Never did receive a vin number or factory build date 12 weeks after down payment. I asked for proof of order from the factory which salesman couldn’t, or wouldn’t provide. Delivery date had already been pushed back from the quoted late April- mid May, to mid July at the very earliest. Luckily my wife found a unit that has just arrived at another dealer. We ended up purchasing theirs and unfortunately forfeiting our deposit. I understand the demand and issues forest river is facing right now, but you can’t tell me Couch’s didn’t know the lead time was longer than they quoted me. Very frustrated with the communication from my salesman once he got my down payment and extremely unprofessional when I informed him I was cancelling my order.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:47 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keelanmck View Post

Wow, that sucks. Be ready to pay more for the unit when its shipped from production. Starting June 1st, manufacturers are hiking prices across the board due to severe raw material and parts shortages and because their costs are going way up. If your rig is not shipped and invoiced to the dealership before that date, it will affect the final price you'll be paying. Chances are, the dealer from which you ordered your unit will not price protect the price you agreed to on the Buyers Order either. This is especially the case because the hike is supposed to be more than twice previous price increases. I understand the upcoming hikes can be as much as 6 to 8 percent more. Be prepared!
GPs37FLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 11:22 AM   #13

Just heard on delivery today (June 8)

I just posted this on the 2511s thread, but here you go

FYI latest news - -- factory is only working 3 days per week due to parts shortages. Now my Feb 2021 order is pushed to August at the earliest. I confirmed that I am price locked though, and now probably a 2022 build with Feb 2020 pricing.

I'm not counting on August though .. I'm betting Sept.Oct - oh well. I told the dealer that they better show us a little love of some kind when this finally comes in.

Now I have to use the KZ for my weeklong august trip. Only concern is damaging it and fouling up my rather nice trade in value.

Good luck to all of you waiting as well.
jsk125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 10:32 PM   #14

Looks like about 10 weeks wait time for me

I ordered a NoBo 16.2 May 7th and am expecting it sometime in mid July.

I was told there is a backlog on getting the parts needed to complete assembly.

I am hoping the trailer comes built properly and the wait is worthwhile.

Regards,

Eric
emeddleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 02:02 PM   #15

Just got info

Finally got the word. I ordered 2511s in mid-late February 2021. I have a partial VIN, spoke with the factory and my dealer - build out is scheduled to be completed July 21, pending no parts delays - then have to wait for the dealer to pick it up and prep. At least there is progress!
jsk125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 05:34 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeddleton View Post
I ordered a NoBo 16.2 May 7th and am expecting it sometime in mid July.

I was told there is a backlog on getting the parts needed to complete assembly.

I am hoping the trailer comes built properly and the wait is worthwhile.

Regards,

Eric
Have you heard anything on your 16.2. We ordered ours on May 6th and were told that we hopefully will get an estimate on when it will be built in August, but to not expect to see the trailer until October
peteyz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 06:03 PM   #17

peteyz24,

I contacted the dealer on 15 July 2021 and the sales manager called the factory. He was told the trailer is still waiting parts with no wait time given. It is now just wait and see what happens.
emeddleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 05:42 PM   #18

Ordered in Aug. and got it in Dec. 2020. Sat on the manufacturer’s lot for weeks waiting for a heat pump before it could be shipped to the dealer.

2021 Cedar Creek Cottage 40CRS

Victron MultiPlus-II 12/3000/120-50 Solar installation
SacRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 03:58 PM   #19

We ordered a 1910esp tent trailer April 2021, dealer has told us the next one delivered to the lot would be ours. But no dates given. Got a week camping vacation coming up early September hoping its in on time. Tired of tenting.
CanadaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 09:27 AM   #20

Still no joy in September 2021

Ordered our Forester 3051S in March 2021. Now September and FR still can't give the dealer an offline date. C'est la vie!
FritzBeaumont is offline   Reply With Quote