Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2015, 09:56 AM   #41

Karendls
the link you provided takes me to the ebay seller electriczone. I am a little confused by their pricing as follows: I'm not sure what the extra 99 cents is for? I want to be able to plug this inside the rv (on dash) and be able to run on DC and/ or AC as needed. I don't see a DC type plugin for like a cigarette lighter plug in their pictures. I've contacted the seller twice and haven't received a straight answer... so anyone know what is different in the 2 prices as far as what you receive?? do I get 2 different adapters?

Another question is can I unplug the white awning leds on my sunseeker 2014 2860DS and plug this directly in?
Thanks
5050 SMD + 12V 5A Adapter------$17.98

5050 SMD + 12V Wall Adapter------$17.98+0.99

asparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 11:00 AM   #42

Another question is can I unplug the white awning leds on my sunseeker 2014 2860DS and plug this directly in?
Thanks

If the connectors are the same yes. You would have to make that call by looking at your existing light connection.+0.99 could be a typo for shipping
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 11:35 AM   #43

They are listed with a 12v 5a Adapter and a 12v wall adapter. With the latter being the + 0.99 one.. shipping is $1.99.. confusing..
Old 09-12-2015, 03:24 PM   #44

lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by asparky View Post
Karendls
the link you provided takes me to the ebay seller electriczone. I am a little confused by their pricing as follows: I'm not sure what the extra 99 cents is for? I want to be able to plug this inside the rv (on dash) and be able to run on DC and/ or AC as needed. I don't see a DC type plugin for like a cigarette lighter plug in their pictures. I've contacted the seller twice and haven't received a straight answer... so anyone know what is different in the 2 prices as far as what you receive?? do I get 2 different adapters?

Thanks
5050 SMD + 12V 5A Adapter------$17.98

5050 SMD + 12V Wall Adapter------$17.98+0.99

I will try to answer your questions. First what you get for the $17.98 + free shipping is:
1 x 5m Waterproof 5050 SMD 300 LED Strip Light
1 x 44 key IR Remote Controller
1 x White Control Box
1 x 12V Power Supply

The 12V power supply (Black box) steps the 110v ac down to 12v DC. Your just plug it in to an electric outlet. The white box is the receiver for the remote control. There is no need for a cigarette lighter adapter for power.
As for the difference in prices you are looking at what it will cost for individual parts. There are other sellers on ebay for this same light package. Hope this helps.
KarenDLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:10 AM   #45

So it doesn't come with any "cigarette lighter plug in type adapter"
As I want to be able to use it inside the RV on 12VDC when NO 120VAC is available.
So, I'm guessing I would have to be able to get/ make a plugin adapter to be able to make the connection from the RV 12VDC to the white adapter box. Are these readily available?
Thanks
Old 09-14-2015, 11:22 AM   #46

asparky. Don't understand your post.Is this you asking or a quote of some sort from the OP?
Old 09-14-2015, 11:26 AM   #47

Side note. Because these are colored lights you can use them during Christmas as well cause I don't see this being figured out until then.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:59 AM   #48
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
The adaptors are not ready made....when this mod was started a couple years ago, these products were all over the 'net'. I bought a bunch of this stuff. As far as a cig. adapter, you'd have to fashion up that end of a pig-tail that is available to plug in to the controller. Aperson really needs to search around on the 'web' to see whats all out there...Most of the stuff you'll buy will be IR controlled, but there is RF controllers that work through walls, making for a cleaner install.. original thread was called 'Lazy Mans Awning Mod'. If you can find that, read it.....you'll get some insight on how mod has progressed and the different ways of keep'n the light strips on.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:29 PM   #49

Thanks Bob for the positive post. It confirmed what I had figured out. there are so many different uses for this besides an awning. I dry camp a lot without 120VAC and wanted to be able to use this on 12 VDC inside the RV (No 120VAC).
I'll check out the old post and maybe get some ideas... all I need is the plugin part and a 12VDC cord and cig lighter plug. will probably just order and then try and find the connector part.
thanks again