Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2021, 04:30 AM   #81

Here in NC I am seeing online prices for the Flagstaff 26 FKBS at an all time high. Fairly loaded down retail 55000. So I checked other mfgr's on similar
size units and the prices were also in the high 40's to mid 50's range.This was
MSRP so I don't know if the mfgr's will decrease anytime soon in the current market conditions.Hopefully the winter will give the mfgr's time to gain some ground to fill inventories.
majorflee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 07:21 AM   #82
Casual Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
We Might just forget the whole thing! But if we proceed. I do have a concern about the bed and mattress since only a 6" will fit when the slide is in. Since you have that TT can you tell me how that's working out?
The factory mattress in my 2608BS is 8",not 6". It fits just fine, but you couldn't fit anything thicker.
RV - 2021 Rockwood 2608BS
Ex-tenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 07:27 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorflee1 View Post
Here in NC I am seeing online prices for the Flagstaff 26 FKBS at an all time high. Fairly loaded down retail 55000. So I checked other mfgr's on similar
size units and the prices were also in the high 40's to mid 50's range.This was
MSRP so I don't know if the mfgr's will decrease anytime soon in the current market conditions.Hopefully the winter will give the mfgr's time to gain some ground to fill inventories.

Inventory of some raw materials to build RV's is still highly constrained and there's no end in site. Just as one raw material's availability to RV manufacturers starts to stabilize, another raw material or finished good component becomes constrained. This has been going on since early last year. There are so many articles and YouTube videos out there that state this fact.

Couple the above with a severe shortage of people to work who have left the hardest hit industries for better wages elsewhere. A lack of qualified workers to build RV's even when they have the materials and products available has led to part of the reason for high prices. This also means any new RV's build quality will be worse than ever before. Then, you have a big time shortage of truck drivers that're contributing to price increases for delivery of goods and services. Just two weeks ago, several RV manufacturers slapped additional fuel surcharges and higher delivery fees to the bottom line for delivery of each RV to dealerships.

Keep in mind that the RV industry has never had so much demand for their products in its history. The new business model of charging more for less at any time, for any reason, has them rolling in the dough right now. They're not going to let go of all this anytime soon and the sky high prices are here to stay for a long, long time, and maybe, for good. It's a better bet right now that MSRP prices for RV's will only continue to increase, but only time will tell.
GPs37FLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 11:17 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPs37FLH View Post
Inventory of some raw materials to build RV's is still highly constrained and there's no end in site. Just as one raw material's availability to RV manufacturers starts to stabilize, another raw material or finished good component becomes constrained. This has been going on since early last year. There are so many articles and YouTube videos out there that state this fact.

Couple the above with a severe shortage of people to work who have left the hardest hit industries for better wages elsewhere. A lack of qualified workers to build RV's even when they have the materials and products available has led to part of the reason for high prices. This also means any new RV's build quality will be worse than ever before. Then, you have a big time shortage of truck drivers that're contributing to price increases for delivery of goods and services. Just two weeks ago, several RV manufacturers slapped additional fuel surcharges and higher delivery fees to the bottom line for delivery of each RV to dealerships.

Keep in mind that the RV industry has never had so much demand for their products in its history. The new business model of charging more for less at any time, for any reason, has them rolling in the dough right now. They're not going to let go of all this anytime soon and the sky high prices are here to stay for a long, long time, and maybe, for good. It's a better bet right now that MSRP prices for RV's will only continue to increase, but only time will tell.
I appreciate your input. We are leaning towards forgetting the whole idea of purchasing for the time being. Hopefully things will get better in another year.
Felicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 11:41 AM   #85

Quote:
I appreciate your input. We are leaning towards forgetting the whole idea of purchasing for the time being. Hopefully things will get better in another year.
Having a perfectly good RV now that suits my needs, and even if I wanted to upgrade, this is definitely NOT the time to do so. Combine all the factors in play, poor build quality for whatever the reason, unstable prices, and uncertain delivery times, it really makes little sense to make any changes. Maybe even for buying that first RV.

Eventually there will be a return to sanity and only then would I consider making any changes.

That said I MIGHT consider purchasing a good used unit built before the pandemic upset everything from manufacturing on to consumer.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 12:04 PM   #86

Quote:

I think the only thing from which I would abstain is buying a new model RV right now. As TitanMike said in his post above this one, there're many used, good quality, late model RV's for sale that he'd consider, if in the market. I totally agree with him. You can purchase a 2018 or 2019 model of the RV you're looking at that will be less expensive than buying new and have a better build quality than those manufactured in the past year or two.

Don't stop looking for the RV that you want, just seriously consider and look into buying a recently used version of it. Chances are better than good you'll both be happy you did.
GPs37FLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 12:13 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Having a perfectly good RV now that suits my needs, and even if I wanted to upgrade, this is definitely NOT the time to do so. Combine all the factors in play, poor build quality for whatever the reason, unstable prices, and uncertain delivery times, it really makes little sense to make any changes. Maybe even for buying that first RV.

Eventually there will be a return to sanity and only then would I consider making any changes.

That said I MIGHT consider purchasing a good used unit built before the pandemic upset everything from manufacturing on to consumer.
For some of us waiting is not a viable option. I'm in good health at 69 but the clock is ticking.
W5CRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 12:21 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by W5CRE View Post
For some of us waiting is not a viable option. I'm in good health at 69 but the clock is ticking.
That's where my husband and I are. But now thinking of car road trips for now!
Old 02-23-2022, 02:39 PM   #89

Latest dealer price quotes

Hello to all, New to the forum here and in the market for a Geo pro 15TB. I wanted to post the latest dealer price quotes for all to see just how insane the pricing is right now. I found a unit at a dealer in Massachusetts and received a quote for the 15TB they have in stock for 25,990 plus tax. I offered 21k and they did not except the offer and will stay at their original quote. I then got a quote from RVW Wholesalers out of Ohio and their quote was a bit better at 25,068 which includes an extra 190 watt solar panel on the roof. I had not tried to negotiate with them like I did with the dealer in Massachusetts but have a feeling I would be wasting my time doing do. No way in hell I will pay those prices. Looks like we will wait it out and hope the market crashes after the November elections in the fall. Good luck to all
Steveoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 02:57 PM   #90
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveoo View Post
Hello to all, New to the forum here and in the market for a Geo pro 15TB. I wanted to post the latest dealer price quotes for all to see just how insane the pricing is right now. I found a unit at a dealer in Massachusetts and received a quote for the 15TB they have in stock for 25,990 plus tax. I offered 21k and they did not except the offer and will stay at their original quote. I then got a quote from RVW Wholesalers out of Ohio and their quote was a bit better at 25,068 which includes an extra 190 watt solar panel on the roof. I had not tried to negotiate with them like I did with the dealer in Massachusetts but have a feeling I would be wasting my time doing do. No way in hell I will pay those prices. Looks like we will wait it out and hope the market crashes after the November elections in the fall. Good luck to all
RVW normally doesn't discount more off their price unless you can provide a lower quote from another dealer. And during these boom sales, they don't have to discount any more off.
Since you are new, you may not know that these inflated prices have been around for nearly two years.
We also are waiting for prices to subside before we move up to a 5th wheel.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 03:05 PM   #91

I've been watching one dealer's public build sheet (with costs) for the Roo line.

As of about a month ago, their listed costs were (surprisingly) within 5% of their costs at this time last year. Checking today, I see a solid 25-28% price increase in listed unit cost over the same base units from last year (this is an apples-to-apples comparison. Same base unit, equipped with the same mandatory option package, from the same factory).

Interestingly enough, the options list shows almost NO increase (save for one item that went up $2, and two line items that got a .50 added to their costs, which might indicate some sort of internal pricing code).

Takeaway: costs are increasing in response to supply/demand, potentially with more than a little artificiality baked in.

I should indicate that my actual/final cost offered by this dealership (and matched by a competing dealership) was almost exactly 1/3 of the final MSRP with all options included from last year's listed price.

I still think 1/3 is a good target to shoot for, but now - with the demonstrated 25-28% increase, I might stick to my guns AND potentially ask for more (to eat into that 25%).

Moral: Do your homework and shop. New RV's are commodities, and priced accordingly. You need not chase the very best price, or the very best deal, but the best intersection of sales and service that works for YOU and your needs. The dealership will, obviously (and demonstrated herein), look out for theirs.

$USD:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 1.58.50 PM.png
Views:	37
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	269237  
15kBTU AC; 12v fridge; 1kW roof-mounted solar panels; 80 amp MPPT charge controller; 3,500w pure sine wave inverter; 30a automatic transfer switch; MicroAir EasyStart, 600ah Chins LiFePo; Honda EU2200i (with Hutch Mountain propane conversion kit) gathering dust in the storage unit.
Rhumblefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 04:24 PM   #92

Seeing RV's for sale does not mean they getting the asking prices . I had been looking for a unit to set on a lot i bought in Fort Myers Beach . used ones were high but not selling so fast and had a few that i looked at call me back and say they can reduce price . to bad so sad moved on and bought new . the deal on new units are still pretty good got a listed at 95000. for 63,000 which seems the be the industry norm discount . so why pay 50,000
to 60,000 for a used unit when for a bit more get the one you want . not one i looked at had everything i wanted either to small or layout just not right . getting the east to west Tandara 385mb mid bunk which for me is office nice layout and all the amenities i wanted . they range from the high 90's to the mid 85's retail . will be selling my toy hauler come summer/fall will see how fast it goes at a reasonable price . Books at 26,995 high and 22xxx low so somewhere in between .
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 08:34 PM   #93

Thank you for your insight. We paused or search after a frustrating shopping experience especially since we needed a truck to haul a TT. After reconsidering we have decided to hunt for a Class C instead.