Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2023, 03:29 PM   #1

Progressive Insurance

This morning I read an article about ensuring RVs with Progressive insurance. A sentence at the end of the article made me wonder if I should stay with Progressive: “Plus, the long list of bad reviews shows Progressive has a way to go before making their RV insurance policy a worthwhile buy.”

Have any of you had any positive or negative experience when filing claims with Progressive? And, who would you recommend I go with for my RV insurance?
Old 03-28-2023, 03:31 PM   #2

Only used them once, for a minor claim. No issues. The adjuster actually gave us more than we were asking for.
stephndudb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 03:45 PM   #3

I made a claim online in the evening. Adjuster came out next day and estimated over $3000 damage and I had the money via ACH in our checking account that night.

When I took the RV in for repair their estimate was a little more. I sent that estimate to the Progressive agent and they covered it.

My experience was excellent… that was December of 2020…

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 04:40 PM   #4

If you have Progressive now and you’re satisfied, why let an article change your opinion? Every product and every service out there has both good and bad reviews.

I’ve had some form of Progressive policy for 30 years or so. I have had no issues with them. I buy based on price and they are reasonable most, but not all the time.
Old 03-28-2023, 05:05 PM   #5

Had a car deer claim a few years back they were very quick to pay, no issues, no questions.
Nascon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 06:25 PM   #6

We have progressive for everything. Not a fan of the auto insurance, they cut every estimate and body shops don't like using them anymore.

We had a claim with our travel trailer last year, water leak flooded underside on trailer. Made a claim, the adjuster came out made an estimate. We contacted the shop we would use and they made an estimate, they worked together and had no issues getting it repaired. They also have a roof plan that our repair facility recommended, it's cheap and they claim it's as good as it comes.
cbty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 06:48 PM   #7

I had the catalytic converter cut off of my Georgetown 31L5 earlier this month and reported the claim to Progressive online. They called me within an hour, assigned an adjuster, had me take pictures and a video of where the converter was cut out. They even found me a local repair shop that they routinely do business with. Within 2 days of filing the claim, the new catalytic converter was installed, I paid my $1,000 deductible, and Progressive took care of the rest of the $3,262.44 balance by dealing directly with the repair facility. It was my first claim experience with Progressive, but was very impressed with their representative keeping me in the loop from beginning to end.
Old 04-12-2023, 09:25 AM   #8

Like hearing all the positive replies. I've had same insurance agent for over 15 years (becuase she makes it super easy for any claims and does work to.find me best rates based on my needs). In October when I bought my 2011 GT that's who she recommended so I went with them for my rv insurance
BUCKI67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 09:45 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocP View Post
I had the catalytic converter cut off of my Georgetown 31L5 earlier this month and reported the claim to Progressive online. They called me within an hour, assigned an adjuster, had me take pictures and a video of where the converter was cut out. They even found me a local repair shop that they routinely do business with. Within 2 days of filing the claim, the new catalytic converter was installed, I paid my $1,000 deductible, and Progressive took care of the rest of the $3,262.44 balance by dealing directly with the repair facility. It was my first claim experience with Progressive, but was very impressed with their representative keeping me in the loop from beginning to end.
Were you able to get an OEM exact replacement converter, or did Progressive only pay for an aftermarket unit?
Old 04-16-2023, 05:11 PM   #10
waybeck2018

I've used Progressive over 10 years for boat, jet ski and RV. Had one claim for each one over that time plus one Roadside assist. Excellent service and claims experience. Car and truck I keep with USAA.

Looking Forward to Completing This Map Soon !
waybeck2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 09:47 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
Were you able to get an OEM exact replacement converter, or did Progressive only pay for an aftermarket unit?

They paid for an OEM converter.
Old 04-19-2023, 06:11 AM   #12

We have Progressive for Auto, Bike and RV, no claims personally, but friends that have are very pleased.
2011 HD Road King
Nights camped since 2019.....all of Em...Homes a 2001 Sea Breeze 36' 5 ER
yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 10:53 AM   #13

Fall of 2021 a buddy and I had the roofs of our trailers destroyed by vultures (buzzards where I come from). I have Auto Owners and he has Progressive. Told my agent and Auto Owners called me. Auto Owners' adjuster and I had a laugh and he said was covered. This was the second roof on this trailer that AO paid for, A tree limb went through the roof previously. I actually traded the camper for another.

My friend with Progressive had to give Progressive my and other camping buddy's names. Progressive called us to substantiate the claim. Having been an insurance agent I accused the Progressive adjuster of not believing my buddy's claim.

I had Progressive on a motorcycle that was stolen (later found before claim settled) and found right off settling this claim was going to be an ordeal.

My experience on a Progressive claim.
Old 05-31-2023, 10:28 AM   #14

Of the 36 national automobile insurance companies rated by Consumer Reports based on the 40,251 responses of their members, a bit bigger sample than the dozen folks who posted here, Progressive ranks a dismal 33 with only Allstate, Kemper, and Liberty Mutual ranking lower.

"Your mileage may vary," of course.

-- Chuck
Old 07-27-2023, 06:50 PM   #15
Site Team

On a past fifth wheel I owned, I had a water leak around the shower skylight. Took it to dealer with appt for repairs. Progressive agent called me. Said dealer called him to inspect my roof. He claims he saw limb damage that tore the membrane and caused the leak. Called to let me know they were covering it.
$6000+ repair with new plywood decking and new rubber.
Now That, is service.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 06:57 PM   #16

Good to hear because in Massachusetts,there is no alternative.
Lubehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 07:01 AM   #17

Stay Away from Safeco Insurance

Very happy to see the comments posted here. I've just had the worst experience with Safeco Insurance (Liberty Mutual) when my catalytic converter was stolen.

Their claim process is terrible, and they fought with my repair company all along the way. Their system is completely email and text based, can't get through their "push 1 now" system to talk to a real person.

I'll keep progressive in mind when it's time to renew our insurance at the end of this year.
Old 07-28-2023, 08:04 AM   #18

Senior Chief --

Why not USAA insurance for your RV. You have it for your cars.

Consumer Reports still ranks USAA as #1 (of 36). Progressive at #33 barely beats traditional bottom feeders Allstate, Kemper, and Liberty Mutual.

-- Chuck
Old 07-28-2023, 10:56 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_S View Post
Senior Chief --

Why not USAA insurance for your RV. You have it for your cars.

Consumer Reports still ranks USAA as #1 (of 36). Progressive at #33 barely beats traditional bottom feeders Allstate, Kemper, and Liberty Mutual.

-- Chuck
Very good point. I'll be comparing plans in the December timeframe.
kayakist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 12:24 PM   #20

Can't compare my old Roo 23SS trailer to your 2-year old motorhome but my "RV" insurance bill runs $30.50 annually.

Trailer guys (and gals) be sure you trailer is insured as a trailer not a self propelled "RV."

-- Chuck

Tags
insurance