Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2019, 11:00 AM   #61
Site Team

Wonder how thick the magazine would be if they included letters from Happy, satisfied consumers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhopp View Post
Do you subscribe to any of the camping or RV magazines? Ever read the complaints and help from them? Every month I receive 4 of them and every month the number one complaint is " My warranty company refuses to pay my claim!" If you do have one read the fine print and follow to the letter or that is their out!
No not for me! I have been camping for over 40 years and yea had a few problems but you know most of them work out and over all those years think of the warranty money I have saved. Not only that but the problems are the things you set around the campfire and yack about!
HAPPY CAMPER!

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 12:01 PM   #62

I totally agree with the poster in #41 of this discussion. We full time rv and I too do not want to make the time nor have the shop, driveway, tools, and the inclination to start any big projects at this point of my time on the grass side of dirt. Our ESP was purchased when we bought the rig and six years to almost the day (7 year ESP) we had major work done on one of the main slides. $1400.00 picked up by the plan and we paid $100.00 deductible.
We would purchase a ESP again if we were to purchase another unit new.

Dave
Western Golf and Country Cart (custom body, EZ-GO frame)
Arguing with some people is like trying to smell the color 9
Volvodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 09:45 AM   #63

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberte52 View Post
Our Freedom Express came with this warranty. We take it in once a year for inspection for around $130 per year to keep the warranty in force. The dealer inspects: Roof - Axles and hub - Furnace – Hot water heater – Suspension and makes any needed repairs and/or maintenance.
We have the same Lifetime Warranty in addition to an extended warranty and it has saved our butts! We will come out ahead of this easily. Frankly with my wife and I working full time with a couple kids I would rather pass the risk onto an insurance company to get it fixed at the dealer so we can go camping when we want to. We don't get to go year-round camping with our Minnesota winters here. I do the preventative maintenance religiously, and my dealer gives me and their other customers who purchased from them VIP service and moves to the front of the service line. I have had an incredible relationship with them. They have a full service staff that is almost double the size of the sales staff.
MNnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 04:03 PM   #64

We bought a Route 66 protection plan in 2007 for our Sunseeker 2860DS. We used the plan several times and it came in handy. Was it worth it? No. We probably avoided $2,000 in having to pay for it out of pocket but I think the plan cost around $3500. And I had one unsavory encounter with a shop where they wanted money up front despite being a Route 66 shop. I made a call to our dealer and got that straightened out forthrightly

Been without an extended warranty for the last 6 years on the Sunseeker and the water is fine! No breakdowns just normal maintenance and wear and tear fixes.

Retired and loving it.

Chris
Mohawk Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
2013 AWD Acadia Denali, Blue Ox Equipped
ChrisParise is offline   Reply With Quote