Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2021, 11:52 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Sounds like you know what you want. That is the hard part! Here is we have done successfully several times: shop the USA for the best price from a dealer, any dealer. I just buy from whomever has the best price and then I will never see them again. I use independent service (preapproved of course) for all warranty work. I will never go back to any dealer for any service unless I need storage for my RV for several months
Has worked well for us and we get better service than we ever got from a dealer. And CW is no better or worse than any other dealer, there are bad ones and good ones, but they are everywhere with more stock than most.

From a number of folks posting in this forum, small to large dealers that are NOT CW dealers have had lots of complaints too. Many folk's experiences are going to be different from dealer to dealer, whether its CW, or not. We were lucky to find a CW that wasn't too far, and is one of the biggest on the east coast that seem to be better organized than what we've seen at other locations.

One of the big pluses I didn't think about until after my purchase was CW is like Walmart. They're everywhere and their service parts inventory is likely more than most, as you said. Although having the option to get CW service just about anywhere we travel is convenient, my first choice would be using an independent mobile service too.
GPs37FLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 08:30 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
I just put a deposit on a Apex 265RBSS. I got 28% off. I knew about the 30% off thing going in. I tried to get them down a little more, but they declined. Since the market is hot right now I was happy with the 28%.
It also depends on how far your have to go. I got 34% off my Apex 288BHS back in July, but had to drive 10 hours to get that deal.
Old 02-04-2021, 07:37 PM   #23

Mike Z

Had a Keystone Cougar fifth wheel and had all kinds of problems. Electrical and slides were never level. CW said if they adjusted the slides anymore the wires would break. We now have a 2019 Rockwood 2650WS. Bought from local dealer, Had a problem with the dual thermostat and they replaced it with no problem. Bought from Razorback Camper sales in Hot Springs Arkansas. Great service department.
zanoffmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 08:51 PM   #24

Shop online and do not be afraid to shop multiple dealers. Looking at the RV Trader will give you a real good idea on what the units are actually being sold for, taking an average of what others have spent will be good benchmark on where you would end up.

I had a friend that purchased a unit from one of those wholesale online dealers, he had a good experience, got the unit he wanted at what he thought would be a good price. Big downside to that is you are responsible for finding a dealer for your warranty work and do not be surprised because you did not buy it from them you will be put at the back of the line.

I read this on this blog, no matter what unit you buy it will have something wrong with it, what separates a good dealer from a bad dealer is how they help you after the sale. I have a camping world dealer within a mile from my house, it would be the last place I would ever buy from. One of there biggest thing is doing whatever they can do to get the sale including selling you overpriced service plans which would quickly put you upside down when it is added to the purchase. so if you change your mind after a couple of years you will owe more than the unit is worth. Get your finance in order before you shop, knowing what your monthly payments are before you shop is a great help for negotiating.

Don't be afraid to look at leftover units from the previous model year, buying in the fall or off season has benefits as well, the unit I bought was a 2018, I bought it in January of 2019 and save a ton

Good luck
skipatroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 10:14 AM   #25

We bought from couch rv nation near Cincinnati. Brandon was the sales guy

Easy. Fair price.

Never tell up front you are a cash customer! If they use the financing demand, just pay the balance ASAP! 1-12 payments.

Service we do not know about. Most dealers hate to do it.

You have to do a good pdi. Fix any issue with parts less than $2-300 yourself. Making two trips to the dealer for repairs is a pain. Service manager said fr will pay up to $1000 to them for minor repairs no question. Our fifth wheel was virtually perfect. One hdmi wire fell out or was never plugged in.

You gotta be handy!
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote