Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #1

Question on RV Financing

I have a question that i'm not sure where to ask , so i'll ask here. I am in the process of purchasing a coachmen 298BHS. I contacted the dealer today at around 9am and submitted the credit app and supplied all necessary info. I expected it to go something like when purchasing a car. When i didn't hear anything from the dealer at around 3:30 I called. He said they were working on it and I should hear something today and if not monday?? Is this normal ?? How long does it take to get approval??
mgmfallon1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #2
Engineer of Crazy Train

Do you belong to a credit union or bank that does RV loans? I would apply there as well. I joined a credit union from through my company (railroad and industrial fcu), and got better financing through them. And yes, it could take a day to come back.
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:47 PM   #3

Thanks for answering so fast! I did apply through my credit union who theRV dealer has dealt with on numerous occations. I guess i just assumed it would be fast like when purchasing a car!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #4
Always Learning

Bank of America gave me a response within minutes or hours and had way better rates than the dealer or my credit unions (yes, I belong to multiple) for the length and amount of loan I wanted.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #5

And if someone hasn't mentioned it, RV loans are deductible on your federal taxes as long as they have Kitchens and Bathrooms in them.
Silverado LT Crew Cab 6.0L V8 W/3:73
2023 Rockwood Surveyer Legend 19MDBLE;
Chunky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HW296 View Post
And if someone hasn't mentioned it, RV loans are deductible on your federal taxes as long as they have Kitchens and Bathrooms in them.
That's why we are getting a 2014 Rockwood Mini 2503s. We need some sort of a break on 2013 taxes.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #7

I got the word today!!! I will be taking delivery of my 2013 Apex 298bhs Tuesday!! I am more excited than kid at chrisytmas!!! I Did pretty good on the rates too! Better than expected which makes it extra sweet !!