Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2021, 01:15 AM   #21

Good Sam Club Membership gets you 5 cents off a gallon at Pilot/Flying J in addition to their 10% campground discount. Their APP makes it easy to find their nearest locations on all the interstates...lots of them have their own RV lanes with long handled windshield brushes & propane & gas. I find them locally competitive and often the best with the 5 cents off and it is easy in and out. Between that and the Good Sam 10% off...my membership has always paid for itself.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 02:20 AM   #22

I use the EFS diesel card for Diesel and Gas Buddy to find when I can't find a truck stop to use it.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 09:31 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunseeker16 View Post
I feed it when it's hungry and don't really price shop. I figure if you have to worry about it you can't afford it.
If you do not mind wasting money by paying more than necessary then that is a wonderful workable strategy.

In fact I know people who Brag about how much they paid for everything they buy.

Personally Id rather pay less for more...........just another perspective!
Old 06-04-2021, 11:28 AM   #24

Glad I'm not married to NJKRIS, sounds delightful!
petrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 06:00 PM   #25
Trailer Park Supervisor

It has it's moments!
Old 06-07-2021, 06:25 PM   #26

I use app iExit to find gas prices...also have a Pilot/Flying J Rewards Card that gives me a discount and rewards
defiantlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 09:55 PM   #27

My wife is insistent that she is both the legislation and the navigator And I better listen to her!
nrkmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 11:25 PM   #28

I couldn't help but reply. I don't have any thoughts about gas cards but I live in Washington and returned last week from a road trip to Texas with my youngest daughter, son-in-law, grandson, and great granddaughter. I was expecting an increase in gas prices as we went south but, to my delight, gas was cheaper. I kept asking my son if we could get rent an extra gas tank to take the cheaper gas with us.

However, I will say that using gas at major truck stops like Flying J and Loves and Pilot was a lot cheaper than going to a regular gas station.

Have fun on your trip and enjoy the scenery.
Letarae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 06:42 AM   #29

Amana iowa is off of I 80 not 70 you are REALLY lost
pitzhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 08:27 AM   #30

It's all what you want to spend your money on.

For me convenience usually negates any 10¢/gallon savings. Towing the trailer and watching the fuel gauge plummet immediately after the "20 minute" fuel light flashes isn't fun. Much as I prefer to get gas at stations where we have credit cards -- where fuel is a family expense and paid out of the joint account -- I sometimes have to use my personal Visa cars at other stations. I will, however, drive 20 miles for a couple of jerry cans of non-ethanol for my power equipment and generator.

Decades ago I needed fuel soon but my wife would not let me buy gas at the convenient stations because they didn't give out "green stamps" or some nonsense -- told ya this was decades ago! Not much later I was hitch hiking back (in the dark) to not only buy gas but a gas can, turning around, etc -- you know the story. Pretty sure this was the end of my gas shopping days.

The "miles to empty" in my '17 Expedition will predict the towing distance if I'm connected to the trailer. Nicer than my '07 which was using a loooooog fuel average for that calculation.

-- Chuck
Old 06-08-2021, 08:39 AM   #31
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
I will, however, drive 20 miles for a couple of jerry cans of non-ethanol for my power equipment and generator.
Done that, it's actually 45 miles one way, so I try to do other stuff as well.
Quote:
Decades ago I needed fuel soon but my wife would not let me buy gas at the convenient stations because they didn't give out "green stamps" or some nonsense --
Hahahahah, that's funny! I remember my mom having us kids lick all these green stamps to put in these 'books' you had to fill up. She was probably poisoning us, lol.
Old 06-08-2021, 12:59 PM   #32

I told my husband the same thing and then lick the stamps when we got home from wherever we had been. I can't remember what we bought with our green stamps but I remember how we'd get exited when we had enough stamps to redeem them.

Memories.
Letarae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 01:59 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Wait. How is it we are both married to same woman???
I'm married to her sister:
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas