Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2012, 07:24 AM   #21
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by alerra
Thanks for the advice. I will check TerryTown RV. I have a question, though. From what I understand the problem is with RVW Wholesalers is that other dealers often refuse to do warranty work when a unit is bought elsewhere. I would imagine that would also be the case with TerryTown RV or any remote dealer.

I'm not clear on how this works with RVs. When you buy a car, you can have it serviced anywhere. The car manufacturers would not allow a dealer to refuse service to a car owner under legitimate warranty under any circumstance.

Clarification on this would be appreciated.
As others have noted, you take the risk of having trouble finding local dealers wanting to do warranty work on your out of town purchase. I personally have not let that sway my decision from buying out of town. When I've called in for service work, I get a little lip action from local dealers but they do take me in but I always have to wait longer than usual for the work to be completed, overall work is always done correctly.

Factor in ALL your cost involved making a purchase out of town and use that to determine whether the additional cost and convenience to buy locally is worth it.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:30 AM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by alerra View Post
Thanks for the advice. I will check TerryTown RV. I have a question, though. From what I understand the problem is with RVW Wholesalers is that other dealers often refuse to do warranty work when a unit is bought elsewhere. I would imagine that would also be the case with TerryTown RV or any remote dealer.

I'm not clear on how this works with RVs. When you buy a car, you can have it serviced anywhere. The car manufacturers would not allow a dealer to refuse service to a car owner under legitimate warranty under any circumstance.

Clarification on this would be appreciated.
your first mistake is comparing the auto industry, with the RV industry.
the only thing that they have in common, is that they both make things on wheels and have dealerships to sell them.

after that, there's very little in common. RV dealers don't have the same agreements with the manufacturers, like they do in the auto industry.
they can service who and when they choose to.

that said, we bought from a dealer 2000 miles away and FR found local dealers that were willing to do the warranty work. one didn't even sell FR products.
you also can, if pre-approved by FR, have an independent RV shop do the warranty work. you may have to pay up front, but FR usually will reimburse you the money.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrev87
DW and I just sent the signed paper work to RV Direct and they will send in the order for our Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 829RKSS today! I am excited but a little nervous also. I have never made such a big purchase over the computer and phone. Rebecca said we should hear back in 2 or 3 days about an aprox. date of completion from the manufacturer.
We have the 2012 flagstaff 831RKSS, we camped in it 5x's. So far no problems
Love the outside kitchen
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Capsfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #24

it is always good to hear from others that like their Flagstaff! however it has been almost 2 weeks since we ordered and have still not heard from Rebecca about whether they got an estimate on the completion date from the factory. I will probably call her 2 morrow to see if they have heard anything yet.
nazrev87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrev87
it is always good to hear from others that like their Flagstaff! however it has been almost 2 weeks since we ordered and have still not heard from Rebecca about whether they got an estimate on the completion date from the factory. I will probably call her 2 morrow to see if they have heard anything yet.
We didn't hear from our dealer at all until our trailer was ready to be delivered. So don't expect a date written in stone. Ours took 10 weeks. But that was in spring.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #26

don't expect a firm date on delivery expect a delivery in 8-12 weeks, we got a letter from Rebecca after ordering our RV and like it stated most people want their RV yesterday. That's not going the happen but the end product that we got was worth the wait.