Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2021, 09:35 AM   #21

In RL (real life) you have to be doing something stupidly outrageous to get pulled over when pulling an RV.
My RV license plate fell off somewhere back east due to a broken plastic holder. I was on my way home to NM and decided I would just chance it Instead of going through all the time, trouble, and frustration to be legal. Drove for 4 days across multiple states and in/out of many cities on the way back and never even had a LEO glance my way.
If I was in the OP's situation I would of already picked my RV up and brought it home........
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:11 PM   #22

I bought mine in Feb 2020 and it took 6-8 weeks to get the title from the bank due to Covid and limited workers in the banks and offices. This was in Ohio.
2022 Yamaha Wolverine RMAX2 Sport
atkbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:46 PM   #23

we used Bank of the West to finance our current camper when we purchased it. It was such a hassle we refinanced it with USAA before the first monthly payment.

I DID NOT want this outfit to make one red cent more than necessary from me.
Old 04-24-2021, 07:44 PM   #24

Bank of the west is a French company

Bank of the West Corporation is wholly owned by BNP Paribas, (www.bnpparibas.com) French.
Iowaprism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 10:28 AM   #25
waybeck2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDakar View Post
I sold my previous 5er (B of the W loan) to a guy in AZ, it took several dozen calls by his lender and myself to get the payoff amount, the payoff date, the BOTW loan to show paid off and I did not allow the super anxious buyer take the camper until all documents were completed properly and the whole process took several weeks. His lender was furious since they paid the balance in a timely manner. Never use them again.

Bank of the West ha been very responsive to every inquiry I have made. Yearly interest amounts for tax purposes for second home are always received by Jan 15. Phone conversations always are cordial and responsive. We are happy with them. Admittedly these were all from pre Covid times.

Looking Forward to Completing This Map Soon !
waybeck2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 11:52 AM   #26

That's interesting. I live in NY State and the owner holds the titles here, even with a lien. The title just lists a lienholder on it if it has one. When we buy or sell, we sign just the title over to the buyer on the back along with a lien release letter from the bank and with that you can get a new title from the Department of Motor Vehicles. In the past when I've paid off a car loan for example, I've just kept the lien release letter with the title in my fire safe for future sale/trade-in or applied for a new title for myself without the lien. The last truck I traded it in, I just signed the title over to the dealer and gave it to them with the couple year old lien release letter since I never applied for a clear title.
US Navy Veteran
RandK-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 12:06 PM   #27
D W

In Alaska, you have 30 days to obtain a new title whenever there is a change to the title. Failure to do this within 30 days will net you a fine by the DMV. Licensed dealers are exempt from this requirement for trades, but they must conform to the 30 day requirement whenever a vehicle is sold to a private party.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 06:29 PM   #28

How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
Why can't you take it home? Don't you have a Bill Of Sale?

NEVERMIND. I read that Massachusetts does not allow returning with a vehicle from out of state until it is titled and registered in Massachusetts first.
Sounds like a Mass government catch-22.
Does Mass require a TT to be inspected?
In Texas you have to have the TT inspected at a sate inspection facility to get it licensed.
How can you do that inMass if you can't take it into the state without registration?
forestwendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 06:50 PM   #29

Figure on 30-40 days from the payoff received date until you get the title.

Last year I had my Coleman loan through BOTW, and when I sold the trailer, the buyer offered 100% cash, but because I still had a lien and they held the title I used an Escrow service to protect me and the buyer. Everything went smoothly until the Escrow sent the check to the bank. It took over 14 days before BOT received the payment, thankfully they honored the payoff. Then it took them 3 weeks to close the account and release the lien, then another 2 weeks before the paperwork was sent, and I made the mistake to have the title sent direct to the buyer, figuring the bank would have signed it over to them, but not, so the buyer had to come up here for me to sign the title over to them so they could transfer it. It took about 40 days from the time Escrow was received until the buyer received the title. This was during the height of the VID panic, but I would not be surprised if they are still remote working and under staffed where the paperwork is handled. A phone call on hold time was 45 minutes back then too.
Bhrava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 06:55 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknuts View Post
Hi, I purchased a 2017 FR Flagstaff Superlite 26RBSSA from a private party.
The private party had a loan to payoff from bank of the West and we've been waiting for the title to arrive so I can take it home (from Rhode Island to Mass.)
and it's been three weeks now. Does any one have recent experience dealing with this Bank? Thanks

I have found most banks take at least 3 weeks to get the title to you.
bbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 07:26 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhrava View Post
Figure on 30-40 days from the payoff received date until you get the title.

Last year I had my Coleman loan through BOTW, and when I sold the trailer, the buyer offered 100% cash, but because I still had a lien and they held the title I used an Escrow service to protect me and the buyer. Everything went smoothly until the Escrow sent the check to the bank. It took over 14 days before BOT received the payment, thankfully they honored the payoff. Then it took them 3 weeks to close the account and release the lien, then another 2 weeks before the paperwork was sent, and I made the mistake to have the title sent direct to the buyer, figuring the bank would have signed it over to them, but not, so the buyer had to come up here for me to sign the title over to them so they could transfer it. It took about 40 days from the time Escrow was received until the buyer received the title. This was during the height of the VID panic, but I would not be surprised if they are still remote working and under staffed where the paperwork is handled. A phone call on hold time was 45 minutes back then too.
Along with no state income tax, Texas doesn't require a vehicle transfer to be notarized. When my neighbor died I bought his utility trailer from his wife, she signed his name on the bill of sale, and all went well.
Y'all need to move to Texas
forestwendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 07:36 PM   #32

We recently sold a TT that was financed through BotW, we had the title in less than a week and then just forwarded it to the buyer.
Andy n Sherrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 07:49 PM   #33

Make sure to get a binder insurance policy before towing it home.
parrott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 07:54 PM   #34

Bank of west

I have trying to get a copy of the title to my RV so that I can refinance here locally (bank wants to make sure it is titled to me). Letters and phone calls have not been successful yet. They don't hold the title but have sub that does all that from what they said. Still waiting. Will not do business with then ever once this is completed. Might be forewarning to all.
SQROOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 08:53 PM   #35

USPS sucks
richardbrucewinquestjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 09:25 PM   #36
Camp to Live

Just go get it and bring it home!!! Too many nervous Nillys on here!!!!
Ohio_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:48 PM   #37

I'd just go and bring it home~~ to a home in another state!
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 12:35 AM   #38

Bank of the WORST

I had the same thin happen to me. It took 4 weeks to get the appropriate paperwork from Bank of the West for a trailer sale. My family will no longer do business with Bank of the Worst!
1desertdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 01:09 AM   #39

Title transfer

I just paid off a trailer loan from Bank of the West. It took about two weeks to receive the lien release. Note that what I got from the bank was the title, signed by a bank officer releasing the lien. I now have to take the title with the release into the DMV to get a clean title.

I also paid off a car on the same day I paid off the trailer. The finance company in that case sent the release directly to DMV who then sent me a new, clean title. The car finance company (Subaru Motors Finance) provided better service in that regard than Bank of the West did.
2018 WRX
There is nothing so eloquent as a rattlesnake's tail. ~Navajo proverb
43Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 08:12 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestwendel View Post
Along with no state income tax, Texas doesn't require a vehicle transfer to be notarized. When my neighbor died I bought his utility trailer from his wife, she signed his name on the bill of sale, and all went well.
Y'all need to move to Texas
tempting, but the commute to work would be LOOOOONGGG
Bhrava is offline   Reply With Quote