Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2017, 02:12 PM   #1

RV One Superstore. Anyone purchase from them?

Good, bad or indifferent what is your experience been?
I am considering purchasing through them. I don't expect to get service after the fact just a good price on a new lightweight trailer.
http://www.rvdirect.com/index.php

Thank you in advance.
Bob Clough
bobcloughjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:37 PM   #2
Site Team

RVDirect has been around a long time.
They and RVW were the first big online so-called Wholesalers.
They have spread out from their NY state locations over the years.

There are literally thousands of posts about them on every RV forum out there.

Back in 2006, we almost bought from them cause we could've picked it up in Iowa.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 06:52 PM   #3

I did from their Des Moines location (twice). Had a good experience both times. Not sure it was the absolute best deal I could find anywhere but they had the model that I wanted at a price that was very competitive. Don't take their first or second offer though.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:56 PM   #4

Bob,

In January of this year I was looking to purchase a Rockwood 2504S or the clone Flagstaff 25BHS. RV Direct has a location in Buffalo, NY called Buffalo RVOne. Of the five western New York RV dealers I dealt with Buffalo RV was the highest quote I received. Also they over-valued the price of my trade-in and still were thousands of dollars higher, on the final price, of all the dealers I spoke with.

The salesman I spoke with could not quote a price without "going to check with the manager" and it took several attempts to get a written price quotation. The salesman I had appeared to be new to the RV business. How do I know? I said to him, at one point, that I was not interested in a "stick and tin" trailer. His reply was "what's a stick and tin"? At that point it was time to move on.

Not sure where you are located but I would shop around and do not ignore the smaller RV stores. My best price came from a small local RV store.

Their are quite a few RV Direct locations so your experience may be different compared to mine. Shop around and make sure you know what "is" and "is not" included in the price.

Good luck!

Phil
PhilOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:24 PM   #5

We live in Rochester, NY and bought from Buffalo RV (same as RV One) a few years ago and we got a fair trade and, in my opinion, we got an ok price on a new unit we ordered from them. Sales process was very easy, everyone smiling and eager to help move it along. Then ... it took almost 2 years and 4 trips for them to finally install the correct rear ladder that we ordered with the camper along with many other warranty items (some of which never got fixed by the time we traded for our current camper). Luckily they have a mobile service and came to my place but it was a royal PITA! To get resolution on any warranty item it took many, many phone calls and emails. In the entire time we owned that camper (~2 yrs), the service manager NEVER EVER called or emailed me back. That's even after speaking with the store manager and searching the web for, and emailing, one of the owners. They must screen their calls.

I did also try to involve the factory but that's Keystone and they didn't help either.

Now, before y'all start jumping on me as to why I took possession of the camper when it wasn't ready ... we have a short camping season in the NE region. End of May through the end of Oct and we go out as much as we can during that time period. We didn't want to lose any camping time and I didn't expect the service dept to suck so bad and not step up to the plate for us.

Long story short, I won't go back to any RV One store for sales or service ...
unless there's no other choice.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:24 PM   #6

Bought a Sunseeker from there Albany location in May 2016.
Everything went well. All promises kept.
I would certainly do it again.
Please note: I am NOT relying on them for service or warranty issues.
BTW, no warranty issues have come up.
yellowwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:48 PM   #7

I bought from the Des Moines, Iowa location. I had a good experience with them. Very good PDI w/ Lance there. I saved $40,000. (38%) on my Class C; Solera w/ them. It was well worth the flight from CA.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:16 PM   #8

Albany location

We purchased a 2016 sunseeker in June 2015. The Sales experience was fine, went smoothly. I was curious about the MSRP since I had read that some dealers increased it to appear as though you received a better discount. I checked with ForestRiver and they validated the MSRP was correct. We received a very good price, we did order the sunseeker with options, the price was the same It didn't matter if it was on the lot. This is our first RV and we felt it was a good experience. We are few 100 miles away from them so do know about their service. The only mistake we made though was there' were a few things that had to be corrected (missing extenders, finished plate under refridge etc, nothing bad just new to this so we didn't know what to look for. They probably should have addressed this during there inspection but all in all nothing major,. My only suggestion in looking back is what they told us in thePDI could have been written on paper - what we should have been told were those things we weren't aware of like: where do you turn on the water for the ice maker, you have-wheel extenders check them, if big foot has to be reset due to turning off the battery switch you need to remove the plate from the wall - remove the plug ( no button to reset, did not know we had a sub woofer had to take a seat apart to turn it on....... so no complaints but if it weren't for the forum, customer service at forest river and the folks at big foot / We could have gone nuts.
Steveanddianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcloughjr View Post
Good, bad or indifferent what is your experience been?
I am considering purchasing through them. I don't expect to get service after the fact just a good price on a new lightweight trailer.
http://www.rvdirect.com/index.php

Thank you in advance.
Bob Clough
I've gotten quotes from them a couple of times over the past 5 years or so. I've always gotten better pricing from RVWholesalers, though- especially when you figure in the finance discount that RVW offers. I'll also throw this out there- I've never seen anyone from RVOne participate in this forum to try to help a member out. But the owner of RVWholesalers, David Durnell, regularly visits this site and goes above and beyond to resolve any issues an owner is having. I've even seen him step up to the plate to help out a forum member needing warranty work that wasn't bought from them. I'm now on my 3rd rig from them and don't buy anywhere else. They are really busy, especially during this time of year, so don't expect them to be able to sit and chat for hours on end like a dealer selling units at 2x the markup they are, but they've always offered great service to me and seem to want to take care of their customers.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:35 PM   #10

Never Again

Bought a top of the line Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite in December 2016. Due to health reasons I had it delivered and could not be there for the PDI. If I had been there would have been no sale. Follow up from sales and service were a joke. Nobody returns phone calls. Would not help with helping me find a service center that would do the warranty work. A lot of promises from upper management but no follow through.

I have read good reviews about other stores but Tampa needs help.
hmfic@bellsouth.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:55 PM   #11

Smile

Purchased new 2015 GT 329DS from one in Des Moines, IA in 2014. PDI by Lance was great, but warranty work just didn't get done; months in the shop. Then last year I had to take it in for some issues and the whole maintenance dept had new management and they were kind and thorough in all I asked and had me back on the road in 2 days, at no charge (warranty work).
Days Camped 2017 = 56
Days Camped 2018 = 74
MSB68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:52 AM   #12

Thank you all.
bobcloughjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:12 PM   #13

Tried to deal with them out of Des Moines at an RV show. We had been looking at a leftover 352qs online and at the lot before so went to make a deal on it. They low balled me super badly on my trade and I told them I could sell it for 12,000 more than they offered me in a week (took me 2 weeks). Had all the owners in from New York as well.

They then told me it was illegal for me to sell it on my own since I had a loan on it and would have to trade. Needless to say I was done then. They actually lowered the price on the MH 10,000 the next week and didn't even call me. I noticed the drop and called them and asked why they didn't just show me 10,000 more on my trade and I would have been happy...got a reply that they don't do business that way....I guess they avoid logic.

Anyways, I do get price quotes online from them and that is useful. Their prices are a good starting point and it's been difficult for me to find any local dealers that will ever match them. On the 364TS we bought only found one dealer who would meet or beat that price...went a bit lower and added in washer/dryer plus gave me a real auto trade value for my truck.
JLud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:29 AM   #14

Rvone albany service grade d

RVONE sales Mike Siy was very nice and remains helpful and returns calls. RVONE service is horrendous. Too many bosses not enough mechanics. We bought our brand new 2017 Newmar Baystar and picked up 3/31/17. It is 5/3/17 and argued heavily to finally get 5/11/17 as a date for them to make repairs that needed done day we took delivery. Due to weather slides were never put out and plumbing I hope works as it's still winterized which we will dewinterize before we go up 5/11. I write this here because of everyone's negative feelings about this dealership and totally agree with you. I am hoping that our microwave that goes on when we close the door entering the rv, the stairs which opened up in transit on own and cameras which freeze up and don't turn on on left and right will all be fixed 5/1-17 but remain skeptical. I hope Tom Mulvaney and Dora as well as the upper management who received all my emails make sure to get us out as happy customers and never have to deal with us again. There were other issues propane leak, oven did not light, rattling stovetop, all items that never should exist when you have a brand new rv built. Newmar rep Steve Moser has been ve y accommodating and helpful and I believe rv was checked at their end. RVONE parked it and never did their check just movingbit from delivery parking to us when we arrived. 3D check with customer nothing checked off at their end. My update will come after work is done. Right now I agree I will never buy from there again based on how much arguing and documenting I had to do just to get the 5/11/17 date after all the excuses and them making me feel I'm crazy complaining and wanting my rv perfect as it should have been when we picked it up. I hope you deliver the customer service all customers deserve Tom Mulvaney especially when the issues began with you not custome created. See you May 11! Current grade D. Let's hope it doesn't go down. Hoping it goes up.
Kateshauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 01:03 PM   #15

Do not buy from them. You will be sorry eventually.

Read story (though long) Don't buy from Albany RV – A place to share your experience with the infamous RV dealership
Kurt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 01:10 PM   #16

Purchased our 2017 GT 351DS from RVOne national sales. Did most everything through email and phone. They ordered unit from factory to our specs. Got a very good price. We saved over $10k from what anyone here in Michigan would do. Including the expense to pull our travel trailer (trade in)and a nights stay in a motel to take delivery at their Des Moines location.
The PDI was very thorough and the people were all friendly and professional.
We winter in Clermont, Fl. and took our unit to their Orlando location for a few warranty issues that were taken care of with no hesitation.
So I have dealt with their national sales team, the Des Moines sales and delivery teams and the Orlando service dept. I have nothing but accolades for them all.
msalyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 02:54 AM   #17

Stay away at all cost

Had to prematurely end our coast-to-coast trip because of them. Just know they don't care about you or anything at all.
Kurt99 is offline   Reply With Quote