Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #1

RVCare extended warranty

the dealer I am working with offers a $2500 extended warranty for 7 years from RVCare. It is an exclusionary warranty but I don't have the brochure for all the particulars yet. I just called to get a quote from them. Has anyone used this company? $100 deductible I think. I am also planning on getting the Forest River 2nd yr warranty too! After reading on here I am thinking of asking the dealer for a better price on the warranty. Any thoughts?? This is for a vengeance 29V toyhauler.
melissa16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #2

For openers if you have a 2 year factory warranty then it's now become a five year not seven year as it starts the day you buy it but it won't cover if the factory coverage is in effect. You ever heard of this company before? I haven't. Many of these outfits don't stay in business very long and take your money with them when they go. look at what they DON"T cover before you buy. You find in many cases it's not much. Read the policy yourself don't take someones word for it. These are HUGE profit centers for the dealers. If you must have one look at the Good Sam products and only when your factory warranty is ready to run out..Me? I won't waste a dime on one of these...
GOTTOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:16 AM   #3

Don't worry I do plan on researching it well! I am going to see if this one could be added later since I too don't want to waste 2 y if I don't have to.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:34 AM   #4

I believe it can normally be added later, but that won't change the price because they base their price on counting on having to do nothing for the first year (or two).
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:35 AM   #5

Shop around, shop around , shop around…and compare what is covered and what is not covered. All policies are not alike. I found one that has only a $50.00 deductible, for seven years @ $1,200.00 and went with them. www.Wholesalewarranties.com
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:41 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa16 View Post
Don't worry I do plan on researching it well! I am going to see if this one could be added later since I too don't want to waste 2 y if I don't have to.
You can buy a warranty any time through a R.Vs life, up to a certain age. As the unit ages, the price goes up and will have to be inspected by the insurance company , before they will insure it.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:47 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Shop around, shop around , shop around…and compare what is covered and what is not covered. All policies are not alike. I found one that has only a $50.00 deductible, for seven years @ $1,200.00 and went with them. www.Wholesalewarranties.com
Thanks! I will get a quote and see what they have!
Old 10-27-2013, 06:10 PM   #8
Oklahoma Proud

You might look at Xtraride. We purchased for $1282- the negotiated down price from $1500. This was a 7 year, yes 2 years manuf. Warranty and 5 thereafter.
After having our 5er totaled and it being right at 11 months from first purchased, we had to cancel our policy. We got back about $1035. The policy has a per day cost and a cancelation fee, but I was happy that we recovered that much.
I believe they have a 0 or $25 deductible at your purchasing dealer and $50 elsewhere.

$2500 sounds crazy high unless you are purchasing a Tilogy, or Lifestyles or Drv or something.
- Negotiate it down- its funny how people will be able to find a lower price if you say, " well if I could get it for $1700 I would get it but otherwise I'll pass".
- from everything ive heard xtra ride has a very good reputation, and I was treated very fairly by them I believe.
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:48 PM   #9
I owe it all to bacon.

I was wondering if anyone has the extended service plan by Good Sam.
Eklc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty