Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2014, 02:03 AM   #1

Should we buy it?!?

My husband and I would like to buy a trailer for our growing family. We found this one on eBay- a 2006 Cherokee Lite 28a. We love the layout, and everything seems perfect. We are a little hesitant it being eBay and all and the trailer is 5.5 hrs away. The bidding ended on the trailer and the reserve was not met, so we emailed the seller and offered $8,500- is this a good deal?!? We think so, but any input from the experts? Any advice and input is very much appreciated!
Thank you

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=271606969910
Msladycc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 04:37 AM   #2

I would probably want to see more pictures of the overall condition and what, if any, accessories are included (ie, hoses, WDH, etc.), as well as the type of tires and battery they had put on. I would also want to know about any mods they have done. There isn't a lot of specific information in their ebay post and 5.5 hours drive ain't no hop skip and a jump away.

Price wise, that's not too shabby of an offer. Your not trying to get it for a steal, but it's still a pretty decent deal if it's been well maintained. I probably would offer more like 8000. You can always increase your offer, but you can never go back down unless there is something noticeably in need of immediate attention. I would also want to find out about any warranty or dealer repairs that have been performed and ensure the registration has been kept up to date.

IMHO, 2006 is getting a bit borderline. If it hasn't been well maintained tanks can start getting a little brittle, slide motors and pumps can start failing, caulking and seals could be in need of attention, etc.

If the floor plan fits your needs though all the more power to you. Hopefully the feller would be prepared to spend a couple of hours with you and test all the onboard systems. If not, I would probably walk away from it.

Good luck and Have Fun!
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:52 AM   #3

Depending on where you are located have you checked with the local New RV Dealers. We brought our first RV 2 1/2 years ago we wanted to make sure we would use it and it wouldn't end up sitting in the yard rotting away. It was a 2006 Rockwood 8280 from a local dealer and got a great deal, usually the trade ins they keep and don't send to auction are quality units. We kept the Rockwood for about 2 years and out grew it. Went back to the same dealer after looking around at other dealerships and made a killer deal on a new one. I would be leery of one 5.5 hours away.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:02 PM   #4

I checked the link, and it says the bidding has ended. Guess someone already bought it.
OBX Forever is offline   Reply With Quote