Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #1

"Show Price" 365 SAQ

New to the forum here but have been reading for awhile.

I was looking for a bunkhouse and the 365 saq looks to have one of the best value for the size and options.

As always they have Show pricing tag. In the fine print it says " prices not inclusive of tax,title,license and dealer doc fees." ( no problem)

The next sentence reads Prices include freight and prep

So great, I agree to the price, want to add the 2nd air and 2 fantastic fans.

They write it up and add a $995 PDI fee !!! I was not happy so the salesman went to get the owner. The owner said it is a typo and they cannot sell it without a PDI fee ( which at first he said was shipping and PDI )

My order is pending and I can cancel but I am not sure if I can get this same show price anywhere else. $36,995 for signature package,Fall Bonus,king bed,all weather exterior kitchen,radiant insulation.

Thoughts? I want to buy local for dealer support but my permanent site is 2 hrs away so Local could also mean that I may be OK trying to find a place local to my permanent site. $995 will not financially break me but it is the feeling of being scammed that I do not like.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Anybody will sell it to you at that price.
Show prices are very close to what they are supposed to sell for.

That other stuff is dealer theft. I would have a negative review done on them in the dealer review section.

Abandon that jerk and get out as cheap as you can (he will try to rip you off on the way out of the deal) and contact RV Wholesalers and/or RV direct (in that order for THEIR quote to see what I mean.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #3

Herk's telling it like it is. If the price was published to include dealer prep and shipping, then he should sell it to you for that regardless. If he won't, cut and run. I don't have any experience with RV Wholesalers other than to know they have a rep who frequents this site who seems to try really hard to please their customers. I can tell you that my local dealer didn't charge me for a PDI.
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #4

No PDI charge when we got our TT. I would find a new dealer if they ever tried to charge for the PDI. It may be built in and buried somewhere else but to advertise a price and then try to add on--no way.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:37 PM   #5

That is my thought as well. If you bury it and I cant find it then you win. If it is advertised and you say it must be a misprint then I win. I was happy to finally get out and see one but I sure do not have that warm and fuzzy feeling. I was paying cash , no trade so maybe they had nothing else to bury the pdi in.

I am just shocked at how easy they are willing to lose a deal. I pleaded my case twice and I was not even offered a discount on the add on options. I am also a repeat customer which I mentioned as well.

The salesman was another story, high pressure and flat out lied several times trying to push me to a keystone ( which they also sell ) Things like Keystone has 5/8 " Yes 5/8" roof. He did everything he could to talk down the sierra. Very unprofessional, made me feel stupid for choosing a FR.

I did talk in great length the the FR rep Curtis Gunter and he was more than helpful and is going to see what he can do to help the situation. He never once talked down other products which is the way I run my business.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #6

IMHO doesn't sound like a dealer I'd want to do business with.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #7
Site Team - Lou

If you ask when you contact RV Wholesalers (or RV Direct) they will give you MSRP and their price for EACH option you request in the build. When I was dealing with my local dealer (May he burn in h%^&) when I told him I had a print out from RVW, his option prices were EXACTLY what RVW's MSRP and Wholesale price was. HE KNEW what the stuff was supposed to cost and THOUSANDS rolled off the posted price on the camper.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:57 PM   #8

I appreciate everyone's replies and it puts me at ease that I was not over reacting.

I put 2 quotes in to RV W and for the exact spec it came out $735 over the show price but no pdi so in the end $260 cheaper. This was for an ordered unit btw.

Now adding the 2nd a/c option is $495 extra vs the $718 extra I was told locally. I had also added 2 factory installed fantastic fans but the rep was not sure exactly what model they were 6000 , 6600 etc.

I will be calling RV W Monday morning and cancelling my order with my local dealer ( assuming I can do so )
Old 01-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #9
Site Team - Lou

I would not place a new order yet!

Wait till you officially cancel that old order.
You don't want two of those babies do you?
Old 01-12-2013, 11:09 PM   #10

Keep us posted. Really curious when push comes to shove (I.e., when you call to cancel) if they don't then remove the PDI charge. Also did you try RVDirect for another quote? We bought from them and were very pleased for what it's worth.
'94 Coleman Cedar Pop Up
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:16 PM   #11

The price you were quoted was the going price. No great deal. I own one and love it. Heading to Disney for the second time with it for 10 days.
chiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:22 PM   #12

I am really not sure what recourse they would have, the unit has not been ordered yet the deposit was by check ( no time to deposit yet) and no trade?

Ohio does have a 3 day buyer remorse law but I do not expect it would get to that. He really did not seem to care if I canceled or not.

They did list the sale price as $20,xxx but the final amount was right, maybe I should ask for that price they wrote as well lol.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmlac View Post
Keep us posted. Really curious when push comes to shove (I.e., when you call to cancel) if they don't then remove the PDI charge. Also did you try RVDirect for another quote? We bought from them and were very pleased for what it's worth.
Unless I am not doing something right RV Direct did not list the sierra or sandpiper. I looked into the columbus a bit but it looks to be substantially more and I cannot see where the extra money is ($20K )

I also noticed that pickup at any of their locations was also At least $995

Does RV Wholesale charge for local pickup? They do not charge PDI but if you have to pay to pick the unit up I don't see the difference.

One drawback is RVW is 2 hrs from me but both are 2 hrs from my permanent site.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:46 PM   #14
Site Team - Lou

If RVW was 2 hours from me I would not hesitate to use them.
Even my local (&^%$%^) dealer is an hour away.

Driving half way across the country was a serious consideration if my local dealer did not come close to their price. As it was I paid more and yet got zero service after the sale.

I wish you the very best luck with whoever you eventually buy from. RVW has come through for many members here. Dave Durnell, a commercial member here representing RVW, has made incredible things happen when there has been a breakdown in communications between members and his salesmen.

When I need to do it again, I will most likely make that drive and perform my shakedown camping trip at a local campground.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #15
White River Powersports Dealership

maybe it was an honest mistake.
powertrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:16 AM   #16
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrader2 View Post
maybe it was an honest mistake.
People "own up" to honest mistakes. They dig in their heals when caught with their hand in the cookie jar, however.

Just my opinion, of course; but after raising 2 boys ...
Old 01-13-2013, 08:29 AM   #17

We are lucky our small local dealer (within 5 miles) was much lower than the another dealers show price. Gave us a price including shipping. No add ons (other than Virginia tax & tags which I expected) We ordered it it came in with a larger TV than we ordered also after the deal I asked about adding vent covers (which are not expexsive) They through them in installed as well no extra cost. I got to see the MSRP for all the options. With Puma almost everything is optional, got most of them. Checked internet prices & still came in cheaper or very close.

I do realize that we have purchased another camper from them & have my annual servicing done by them. They do take there own customers first but turn no one away.

Local dealers can be as cheap as others, ours just has low overhead & passes the savings along knowing you will come back. When we were buying a couple came in from VA Beach (5 hrs away) & bought a camper as well I heard them say they could believe how much cheaper the same camper was than in their area.

It does pay to shop around ..........
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:36 AM   #18
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshepherd70 View Post
I am really not sure what recourse they would have, the unit has not been ordered yet the deposit was by check ( no time to deposit yet) and no trade?

Ohio does have a 3 day buyer remorse law but I do not expect it would get to that. He really did not seem to care if I canceled or not.

They did list the sale price as $20,xxx but the final amount was right, maybe I should ask for that price they wrote as well lol.
Where in OH are you located? We bought our 365saq from Couch's last year and they were within a couple dollars of RVW. We love the 365saq, by the way. Also, the 2nd A/C is a MUST.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:39 AM   #19

I'm not convinenced that purchasing at an RV Show is necessarily a "deal".

2016 Flagstaff 8528CKWSA
2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L

RalphieAdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #20
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
Where in OH are you located? We bought our 365saq from Couch's last year and they were within a couple dollars of RVW. We love the 365saq, by the way. Also, the 2nd A/C is a MUST.
There is a difference between an "informed buyer" and one who is not prepared with hard data on what they want to buy and what they can expect to pay.

Walking into a "show" (RV or any other kind) expecting a "good deal" BECAUSE it is a show is a good way to become disillusioned when you find out you might have over paid.

Same with eBay. Many folks get into the swing of spirited bidding and over pay; then find out the local store has the same item new and a cheaper price. Of course then they blame the seller when he (or she) "holds their feet to the fire" on the agreed upon price.

Be an informed buyer. Then you will know when you got a good deal and when they are trying to hose you.

PS - Don't say we did not try to help ...
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...r-22447-2.html

Tags
365, 365 saq