Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2017, 12:07 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
HAHA! No way my friend - I was just pointing out things. I get a kick out of folks coming over to the Berk from a low end travel trailer and marvel at the coach. That happened last month when we were grilling out and I chuckled and said "thanks" but you see that 5th wheel over there (It was a Star Craft pulled by a 450 that had a custom paint job to match the 5er )

I said you DO realize that that setup cost more than your rig and mine put together?

He had NO idea! He thought that any motorhome was at the top of the food chain LOL!

And "Have my money" HA! Let's BOTH lust after the 2016 Newell Coach (Probably @ $1.8M!!!) that pulled into the park the other day. Towing a custom trailer that is painted to match the Coach. The owners keep their BMW SUV & campagna TRex 3 wheeler) in the trailer along with 2 Hobie Findrive kayaks. Must be nice to be a retired 3 Star General with a retired 1 star General Wife

Ultimately though, it comes down to to what Sheryl Crow said: "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got."

we BETTER - After all it's Ol Miss
Well, WE don't have any trouble beating them!!! LOL

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 06:24 AM   #62

I'm paying off my truck this month and I'm paying off my wife's Mercedes in January, so I can get a new truck if DW lets me. But I want a LT model and I guess I'll have to order one, it's about $10,000 less than a LTZ.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 07:37 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Well, WE don't have any trouble beating them!!! LOL
Nor did we...wow Ol Miss, sorry about that LOL! 66-3 is a whooping in anyone's book
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 08:37 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I'm paying off my truck this month and I'm paying off my wife's Mercedes in January, so I can get a new truck if DW lets me. But I want a LT model and I guess I'll have to order one, it's about $10,000 less than a LTZ.
and there are a couple of "packages" you can add to that LT to get the items you want without getting Everything that the LTZ has and still save thousands.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:44 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Nor did we...wow Ol Miss, sorry about that LOL! 66-3 is a whooping in anyone's book
Well congrats! I'm in Alabama, and all I see is Elephant pictures (not sure how a Tide morphed into an Elephant, but that's a good choice!! LOL). We beat "Somebody". Not sure who. But we allowed about 400 yards in the air! Luckily they allowed more!

Gonna be a long, long year for hoggies. But.......life is good otherwise.

And this place is FULL of big honking motorhomes! LOL One guy across from me had his washed and waxed and buffed by an army of mobile workers yesterday........and I can't even afford the $15 to get the love bugs off of my front cap!

(P.S.
Someday tell me how your 42 gallon black tank can last weeks and weeks and is so much better than my 40 gallon one! ? You must spend more time in restaurants than just eating!! LOL)

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:05 AM   #66

Add on a new 5th whl toy haulerfor 55K to 80k

2013 Forest River Salem/Sport Fifth WHL
2017 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax/Allison
Curt Q20 Fifth wheel, Champion Inverter3500
US Army Retired
Bikersarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:45 AM   #67

Quote:
Well congrats! I'm in Alabama, and all I see is Elephant pictures (not sure how a Tide morphed into an Elephant, but that's a good choice!! LOL).
Glad to provide a history lesson my friend

Tide? Not your usual laundry detergent

The name "Crimson Tide" is supposed to have first been used by Hugh Roberts, former sports editor of the Birmingham Age-Herald. He used "Crimson Tide" in describing an Alabama-Auburn game played in Birmingham in 1907, the last football contest between the two schools until 1948 when the series was resumed.

Elephants?.....

Following the Alabama-Ole Miss football game in October 1930, an Atlanta sports reporter's description of the impressive size and ability of the Crimson Tide, along with the crowd's reaction, changed everything:

"At the end of the quarter, the earth started to tremble, there was a distant rumble that continued to grow," he wrote. "Some excited fan in the stands bellowed, 'Hold your horses, the elephants are coming,' and out stamped this Alabama varsity."

Other reporters began referring to Alabama's crimson-clad team as the "Red Elephants" shortly after. During the 1979 season, after a little pleading with Coach Bear Bryant to jump on board with an on-field mascot, Big Al made his first appearance alongside the Crimson Tide.

Quote:
We beat "Somebody". Not sure who. But we allowed about 400 yards in the air! Luckily they allowed more!

Gonna be a long, long year for hoggies. But.......life is good otherwise.
42-24 Razorbacks over New Mexico State (and YES, you better HAVE beat them LOL!)

Quote:
And this place is FULL of big honking motorhomes! LOL One guy across from me had his washed and waxed and buffed by an army of mobile workers yesterday........
Where are you at? Thought you said you were in Alabama

Quote:
and I can't even afford the $15 to get the love bugs off of my front cap!
Initial expense seems high at $239.00, but it will be the BEST $239 you have ever spent my friend! The initial cost is for the hardware (expandable pole and mop head + Bug scrubber mop head)

At $32/gallon for the refill of the body cleaner/wax, it probably costs me about $4 to clean my whole coach!

https://smile.amazon.com/Waterless-A...s=wash+wax+all

Come by P4 at BamaGanza and I will show you - it is all I use on our Berk and I can do the whole coach myself in about 1 hour. First time is the longest because you are lying down the initial polymer coating. Once that is down it is a breeze to keep your rig shiny spotless. And those love bugs on your front cap? After you have a coat of Wash Wax All on your rig, they will practically fall off! Really! No Joke!

In fact, Wash Wax All products are all we use to keep our coach clean! After all, if it is good enough for a multimillion dollar jet, it's good enough for my piddly Berk

Quote:
(P.S. Someday tell me how your 42 gallon black tank can last weeks and weeks and is so much better than my 40 gallon one! ? You must spend more time in restaurants than just eating!! LOL)
Just 2 weeks - almost to the day. I start with a prime of 4 GAL Water in the tank, and I exclusively use SEA-Zyme as my tank treatment:

Sea-Zyme

A 2-Pack of SEA-Zyme ($60) will last us about a year according to Gary (and he and his wife are full-timers as well).

The stuff breaks down TP and solid waste--really amazing stuff--and since liquifying waste reduces sludge volume, you get a bit more tank storage capacity. And "Sewer Odors"? Non-Existent since we switched over to Sea-Zyme.

Since we still work full-time, the 2 week time period may drop a bit when we retire, but I will bet not by much because right at 2 weeks is what Gary & Linda get.
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:40 AM   #68

Quote:
Now there is an interesting piece of info......

SO, MH folks get a big old honking bus, X square feet, for about $250,000 to $500,000 midrange product OR one of the TOL big monster pricey ones like you posted.

OR

They can get a TOL truck for $80K (or much less most likely) and a TOL $65,000 fifth wheel, and have X+ square feet and Be Stylin'......for less than half of MH price.

Sort of makes those "ridiculous" truck prices look sorta ok! LOL

Well, maybe... we were looking to be less than 60k when we bought. DW did find a fifth wheel for about that until I told her the Liberty, Harley, or Challenger would not pull it. When you add in getting the TV we may as well have looked at 150k MH’s.

We got our 3 year old Forester in the range we wanted instead.

Would love to have one if the new dually diesels but will never be able to afford so MH and Liberty as Toad is the way we will be staying. Liberty is 2012 and only 45k miles so shouldn’t need anything else.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:42 AM   #69

[QUOTE=BamaBob;1637152]Glad to provide a history lesson my friend

Tide? Not your usual laundry detergent

The name "Crimson Tide" is supposed to have first been used by Hugh Roberts, former sports editor of the Birmingham Age-Herald. He used "Crimson Tide" in describing an Alabama-Auburn game played in Birmingham in 1907, the last football contest between the two schools until 1948 when the series was resumed.

Elephants?.....

Following the Alabama-Ole Miss football game in October 1930, an Atlanta sports reporter's description of the impressive size and ability of the Crimson Tide, along with the crowd's reaction, changed everything:

"At the end of the quarter, the earth started to tremble, there was a distant rumble that continued to grow," he wrote. "Some excited fan in the stands bellowed, 'Hold your horses, the elephants are coming,' and out stamped this Alabama varsity."

Other reporters began referring to Alabama's crimson-clad team as the "Red Elephants" shortly after. During the 1979 season, after a little pleading with Coach Bear Bryant to jump on board with an on-field mascot, Big Al made his first appearance alongside the Crimson Tide.

42-24 Razorbacks over New Mexico State (and YES, you better HAVE beat them LOL!)

Somebody has WAY too much time on their hands.
ard58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:44 AM   #70

Quote:
Now there is an interesting piece of info......

SO, MH folks get a big old honking bus, X square feet, for about $250,000 to $500,000 midrange product OR one of the TOL big monster pricey ones like you posted.

OR

They can get a TOL truck for $80K (or much less most likely) and a TOL $65,000 fifth wheel, and have X+ square feet and Be Stylin'......for less than half of MH price.

Sort of makes those "ridiculous" truck prices look sorta ok! LOL
Yeah...but you're still "trailer trash"
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:16 AM   #71
B47

I been following this thread since it started. A lot of varied responses regarding prices of ew vechicles. Some people say they would never pay the price some of the new pickups are going for and others don't seem to have a problem.

All I can say is remember the Supply and Demand law. If people won't pay the asking price,then either the price comes down or the manufacturer quits making the product.

General Motors has a huge assembly plant in Arlington,Texas that I go by occasionally. All you see is trailer loads of new Chevrolet and GMC pickups and luxury SUVs going out of the place to dealers.

So I'm assuming that the demand is there,regardless of the price, and the manufacturers are feeding the supply.

As long as we,the consumer, continue to buy these vehicles,the prices will continue to climb.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote