Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2015, 04:37 PM   #41
Canadian eh'

Thanks Evereddie... I don't get my trailer till this Saturday. If I have enough room in the breaker box area, I'll get it hardwired, if not, it will be portable. I also think it is a 30amp trailer, but I'll make sure this weekend.
Fusionak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:50 PM   #42

Great, good luck with it. BTW, if it has 2 air conditioners it's 50 amp. But you'll find out soon enough. Good luck and have fun.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:52 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I have portable surge suppressor, I trade campers often and I try to stay away from anything electrical. I keep mine locked around the post, it keeps honest people from walking off with it. No need to try to stop a thief

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
I have the portable but made it an onboard "hard wired" thanks to seeing turbs pics. Can still unplug to test a pedestal or remove and by-pass if need be.

craig
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	surge01.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	276.2 KB
ID:	86308   Click image for larger version

Name:	surge02.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	264.8 KB
ID:	86309  
Old 08-21-2015, 08:46 PM   #44

I just finished installing a 30A Progressive in my Sunseeker 2700DS. It was an easy install except for the tight space. I put it under the drawers next to the refrig. that is where the shore power - generator relay is located. I just disconnected the line going from the relay to the fuse panel and connected it to the output of the surge protector, and then used a short piece of 10-2 cable to connect between the relay box and the input of the surge protector. So now I am protected on shore and generator power. I installed the remote display above my CO alarm. I purchased this at Tweety's for $247.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:29 AM   #45

Thank god I had the surge protector 4 th of July weekend in NJ campground they had a spike campers who didn't lost everything fridge ac microwaves tv hot water it was a mess
retired on a mountain is offline   Reply With Quote