Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2017, 03:30 AM   #1
Always Learning

Thousand Trails - new Trails Collection program

For folks who use TT extensively or want to add additional parks to their membership, TT announced a new "Trails Collection" membership upgrade. It adds something like 200 parks- many are free to use, others are $20/night. Basically, you're gaining a bunch of Encore parks into your membership.

For me, it was a no brained to upgrade- I have an upcoming 2-week reservation at the San Francisco RV Resort in Pacifica that was just over $1,000. With this upgrade, it's now just over $300. Even paying $200 for the upgrade, I'm saving $500 right off the bat.

Now there are limitations- one, a lot of the new parks in south Texas and Arizona are 55+. Two, the $200 is payable when the rest of your yearly dues are and the first year is *not* prorated. For instance, I paid $200 today and will be expected to pay $200 again come December when the rest of my membership fee is due. But, given the savings- it's worth it to me. Third, there are caveats to going from one to another or from one to a TT park.

For me, I'm most interested in the Florida opportunities for wintering.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:29 PM   #2
Always Learning

Here's a TT link:

https://www.thousandtrails.com/membership-info
Old 08-12-2017, 02:30 PM   #3

Do these additional parks go from coast to coast or are they only in one region/Zone. The reason I ask is we do most of our Camping in the East but we would like to venture out to Mid West once in a while. I will have to call my local TT agent that I deal with and ask what other new features I can add to ours. Thanks for posting this info.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:31 PM   #4
Always Learning

Coast to coast, I believe.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:33 PM   #5
Who Dares, Wins

I'll will check this out and see where they are located. Phone is not cutting it, need a computer.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:33 PM   #6

I have been with 1000 trails since its inception. Roy Rogers was the spokesman then and it cost a bundle for a few parks. You received a sleeping bag for going to the sales pitch. Every time a change is made, they call you and ask for more money. I upgraded one time in the 80's for 3grand. Now I keep getting called for more. I think if you have been with the trails as long as I have, you should get a few perks, not asked for more. The only good thing is mu dues are frozen and won't go up. I am not going to pay a few more thousand for upgrades, that's what my dues are for. I got called 2 years ago, we have made changes. That's what I was told, I told them I don't want another sales pitch. Oh no, not a pitch, just info I am told. I drive fifty miles to the hotel that they are using. No one but me. The salesman comes up and starts talking. Turns into wanting 2 grand to upgrade. I was pissed and told him so. No longer even answer the phone when they call. The one on the other end just wants you to waste your time. To me they could send you the info in the mail or online and let you think about it, but no, you need to purchase now. Forget it. I use what I have and enjoy the parks in different ways. Now that they have opened them to the public, They are overcrowded like all the others. Too commercialized.
grandpamuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 03:19 PM   #7
Always Learning

Unfortunately Grandpa, you're right. They contract out the sales pitch/upgrade meetings to a 3rd party and they're slimy.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:23 PM   #8
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Unfortunately Grandpa, you're right. They contract out the sales pitch/upgrade meetings to a 3rd party and they're slimy.
Oh yeah they are. This last time I said I would not drive to bowie, MD to meet in a group. I had a school teacher (working for the summer) contact us from TT. He was GREAT! Looked at our plan spoke to us about somethings. And then told us we were great where we were. He could sell us stuff but that would be just dumb for us due to our plan.. That is what I was talking about!

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 08-13-2017, 03:24 PM   #9
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Oh yeah they are. This last time I said I would not drive to bowie, MD to meet in a group. I had a school teacher (working for the summer) contact us from TT. He was GREAT! Looked at our plan spoke to us about somethings. And then told us we were great where we were. He could sell us stuff but that would be just dumb for us due to our plan.. That is what I was talking about!

And that's how it should be. I have a couple of trusted TT reps that I'll work with but will NEVER attend an info session and will always recommend others to skip them.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:25 PM   #10
Who Dares, Wins

We know use this guy as our representative

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 08-13-2017, 05:58 PM   #11

I'm glad TT works for some of you. The one we looked at in NC was horrible. The reviews we read for 3 others we might consider were horrible. We don't get it.

2013:31 / 2014:51 / 2015:58 / 2016:37 / 2017:46
2018:16
Total 239
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:58 PM   #12
Who Dares, Wins

We love our membership for what it is. I do not know if I would join today if I was to get a do over, most likely not.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 08-14-2017, 06:01 AM   #13

Doc, is your guy the one at Circle M? We will be there sometime this week and will ask questions about this offer.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 06:14 AM   #14
Who Dares, Wins

No I do not know where he is from other then he is working for TT.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 08-14-2017, 07:19 AM   #15
King of the Road

I consider my original TT purchase just wasted money. Got it when I started last year and the constant sales pitches and calls are nothing but an annoyance. I never answer and will never renew, let alone upgrade.

2016 days camped = 91, 2017 days camped = 109
Dano1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:36 PM   #16
RetiredRVer

We are staying at a TT park next week in Cloverdale Ca... we are not members. I'm sure we will get invited to a sales pitch. Thanks for the info about this group!
2017 Coachman Chaparral 336TSIK Fifth Wheel
2018 AT 18 Alaska group
checkmate99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 02:14 AM   #17
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate99 View Post
We are staying at a TT park next week in Cloverdale Ca... we are not members. I'm sure we will get invited to a sales pitch. Thanks for the info about this group!

Funny. We ended up staying just a night at the Cloverdale TT last Friday night. On Saturday, we were supposed to head to Sam Francisco but got waylaid in Windsor/Santa Rosa with some camper issues.

Out of curiosity - how was your stay?
Old 09-05-2017, 10:02 AM   #18
RetiredRVer

Quote:
Funny. We ended up staying just a night at the Cloverdale TT last Friday night. On Saturday, we were supposed to head to Sam Francisco but got waylaid in Windsor/Santa Rosa with some camper issues.

We didn't have to go through a sales presentation.... the place needed some work. No full hook-up sites, no food available, broken washing machine, bathrooms in need of updating, and pricy. Would not stay there again.
2017 Coachman Chaparral 336TSIK Fifth Wheel
2018 AT 18 Alaska group
checkmate99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:07 AM   #19

Quote:

Camper issues seem to follow you around, hope it's nothing serious
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:12 AM   #20
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate99 View Post
We didn't have to go through a sales presentation.... the place needed some work. No full hook-up sites, no food available, broken washing machine, bathrooms in need of updating, and pricy. Would not stay there again.

There are almost no Thousand Trails parks that I'd ever pay the crazy nightly rates that they ask. A couple of the parks are nice, but for the most part- they're just meh to fair.

BUT- given that they can be inexpensive on a membership, I find they're often passable.

We enjoyed playing in the river and would have loved to have our tubes for floating!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2257.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	331.5 KB
ID:	150676