Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2014, 10:01 AM   #1

Three types of windows? ...and two other questions

We're still sorting out the kinks in the paperwork on a new TT we put a deposit on.
From the Riverforest website, re V-Lites and other TT's they make, it seems there are 3 levels of windows.
1. The standard version. "Windows W/tinted safety glass"
2. The option, which is the "Thermo pane window upgrade".
3. The Diamond and Platinum upgrade to "Tinted Bonded Frameless Windows".
Is this correct, or are two of these the same?
Which is the better, if there is a difference between the Thermo pane upgrade, or the Tinted bonded frameless?

Secondly; Do the standard base options include one Create-a-breeze 3 speed Fantastic Fan with cover? Or, is the standard bath fan a regular ole vent/w/fan. They have where I can add extra's, I just wnat to know if I get one for being an all around nice guy....and buying one of their trailers.

Last but not least. The Diamond upgrade for "Shielded Awning Covers". On the 26WFKSS, this would be a total of three. Is there a limit of two in the upgrade, because the 26WRB only has the front awning and the single smaller slide, or should the upgrade cover whatever when you step to the Diamond package.

The jist of this is, I want then best window, but would prefer to not get dinged for an upgrade I'm already entitled to. If I already am entitled to one fancy fan, I'd prefer to just buy one extra(not get two, and be billed for three ) If the shields for the awnings are supposed to be in the upgrade I'd rather not buy an extra.

I hope these are questions others have dealt with, and may already have an answer for.

Just a side note, I think these questions mostly result from hind sight, and the dealer sales person and their manager not being quite as informed on the product as they should of been. Not, nefarious skullduggery of the "tar and feather, and run em outta town" variety.

Thanks
katkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:02 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by katkt View Post
We're still sorting out the kinks in the paperwork on a new TT we put a deposit on.
From the Riverforest website, re V-Lites and other TT's they make, it seems there are 3 levels of windows.
1. The standard version. "Windows W/tinted safety glass"
2. The option, which is the "Thermo pane window upgrade".
3. The Diamond and Platinum upgrade to "Tinted Bonded Frameless Windows".
Is this correct, or are two of these the same?
Which is the better, if there is a difference between the Thermo pane upgrade, or the Tinted bonded frameless?

Secondly; Do the standard base options include one Create-a-breeze 3 speed Fantastic Fan with cover? Or, is the standard bath fan a regular ole vent/w/fan. They have where I can add extra's, I just wnat to know if I get one for being an all around nice guy....and buying one of their trailers.

Last but not least. The Diamond upgrade for "Shielded Awning Covers". On the 26WFKSS, this would be a total of three. Is there a limit of two in the upgrade, because the 26WRB only has the front awning and the single smaller slide, or should the upgrade cover whatever when you step to the Diamond package.

The jist of this is, I want then best window, but would prefer to not get dinged for an upgrade I'm already entitled to. If I already am entitled to one fancy fan, I'd prefer to just buy one extra(not get two, and be billed for three ) If the shields for the awnings are supposed to be in the upgrade I'd rather not buy an extra.

I hope these are questions others have dealt with, and may already have an answer for.

Just a side note, I think these questions mostly result from hind sight, and the dealer sales person and their manager not being quite as informed on the product as they should of been. Not, nefarious skullduggery of the "tar and feather, and run em outta town" variety.

Thanks
Windows: There are 3 levels of windows: Tinted (which is a "standard option" - you have to buy it on the tt; thermal-pane (double pane glass) which, in my opinion, is a desirable feature; frameless windows, which give a more "European" look to the tt but, again, IMO are not worth the cost, and do not open as far as the sash windows.

Fantastic Fan: Again, one is a "standard option" - you will pay for it, but you can't order the tt without it. If you want a second, you'll pay for the second as well as for the first. We did not buy the 2nd Fantastic Fan when we ordered our windjammer.

Awning shield: I THINK this applies to the long awning on the curb side of the trailer only, not to the slide topper awnings, but I may be incorrect on this point.

V-Lite Travel Trailer Features / Options by Forest River

Hope this helps!
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:46 AM   #3

I like the Tinted Bonded(european look) of the Diamond upgrade. We seem to have been dinged for the "Thermal pane" as well. If their two different things, then I need to have one removed from the total. Or, make sure I get a look at the Thermo panes if they are a better product. I'm not sure I saw all three when we were looking.

The trailer we looked at before making the leap, had the super duper fan in the bathroom, and I assumed I'd get one, with the standard price of the TT, and, have to pay for just one more to get two(another for the kitchen area). I'll move that to my "Questions for them" list, as well as the possible doubling up on the windows.

On the FR Brochure, they mention "Shielded Awning Covers" plural, with the diamond upgrade. That's what had me wondering. They may be simply passing along the cost of the two smaller ones, to me. I'll ask them.

Thanks for opining, Capt. Mike Thanks for your opinion on the Thermal Panes as well. I wonder what the difference is, between the two types when it comes to keeping the outdoors outside(I know, we're talking about a TT.LOL)
Old 04-07-2014, 04:59 PM   #4

Well, I think I have resolved all of my issues,....maybe. Trailer issues anyway. As of lunch time, the thought was, that the Thermo Pane windows, would look just like the Tinted Bonded that comes in the Diamond package, although they are two different types of windows. I'm guessing there is a Thermo Pane version of the Tinted Bonded.
I told them I would be more then happy to pay the up charge for the Thermo Panes, as long as they had the Tinted Bonded look. The sales guy, said his contact at FR, was almost sure, but had to check.
I'll probably be counting panes, whenever the trailer is delivered, however painful the wait is, just to see what's what.

Even though it looks like at least one super duper fan, is part of the Option "D" package, it's apparently not, so I'll only be getting two....and paying for two, and not three, I hope.LOL Unless, I get three.

The Awning Shields, are still a mystery, as far as the "s" in "Shielded Awning Cover"s"" goes. I'm not really sure anybody really knows. It's only relevant if you have the slide toppers(which we do). Since slide toppers aren't part of the Diamond package, and the trailers can be ordered without them, then the "s" continues to be undefined.

Maybe it has something to do with the definition of "is".

If I get a hard and fast answer, on the windows, I'll post back.