Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #1

Tracer 3150BHD and Lacrosse 318BHS Pricing Help

My wife and I are about to join the RV world finally! We have been tent camping since we got married 5 years ago, but now with 2 kids its time for a camper. We are looking at either a Tracer 3150BHD Touring Edition or a Lacrosse 318BHS, basically the same layout. The dealer I am planning on going through (Southern RV Supercenter in Bossier City, LA) does not have any of the Tracer 3150BHDs in stock right now. The price on it will be $27,995 when they get one and it will be a 2014 model. They have 12 Lacrosse 318BHS Touring Editions and 12-13 non-touring editions in stock right now. These are all 2013 models. Their advertised price on the non tourings is $27,995 and the touring editions are $29,995.

First of all, Prime Time Manufacturing show the Touring Edition being up to $4,500 in free upgrades on their website, not something you have to pay any extra for. Am I missing something on this? Has anyone else run into this where they are charging more for the touring editions?

Second, has anyone gotten a better deal than this on a Lacrosse 318BHS. I am hoping I can work a better deal than this since they have so many 2013's left. We are not in a hurry so I am planning to kind of wait it out to see how quickly the ones they have on the lot move. But I am just curious to know how much I could try to get them down off of their listed price.

Thanks in advance for the help everyone!
jmcgriff19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Welcome to the forum !
Good luck !

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #3

We purchased the Lacrosse 318, the wife and I looked for a long time before we purchased it. Bought ours from Southern RV in Lafayette. Have not used as much as I want but have a big trip planned for this weekend.

2013 Chevy 2500, 6.6 Duramax
2013 Lacrosse 318
Gulfrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:49 AM   #4
Commercial Member

You may want to evaluate which will tow better with your TV also.

They are the same floorplan, but the Tracer is the Ultralite version.

If you have the ability, get the Lacrosse, but if you need the Tracer for weight, get the Tracer.

The non TE models are probably older also, and they want to move them first.
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:15 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Welcome to the forum !
Good luck !

Turbs
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfrunner View Post
We purchased the Lacrosse 318, the wife and I looked for a long time before we purchased it. Bought ours from Southern RV in Lafayette. Have not used as much as I want but have a big trip planned for this weekend.
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for yours at Southern RV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Wildcat View Post
You may want to evaluate which will tow better with your TV also.

They are the same floorplan, but the Tracer is the Ultralite version.

If you have the ability, get the Lacrosse, but if you need the Tracer for weight, get the Tracer.

The non TE models are probably older also, and they want to move them first.
Thanks! My truck has the ability to pull the Lacrosse. It is rated at 10,400lbs and the Lacross weighs about 8,000 dry. I had to pull a 70hp tractor a couple weeks ago and the tractor/trailer combo weighed in around 11,400lbs and my truck handled it well. I am definitely looking a lot harder at the Lacrosse than the Tracer.
jmcgriff19 is offline   Reply With Quote