Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2018, 07:21 PM   #1

Travel Trailer Roof

I have a 2017 Forest River Wildwood 33' Travel Trailer. Got her in October 2016.
It shows the roof to have a 12 year warranty, but not sure how that works.
The second time we took her out, the roof started coming off. We pulled over of course. Half the roof was ripped from the front.
The RV repair place said the front seal had broken...air got under it and it ripped.
Does this fall under the 12 warranty from Forest River, or does this fall under my insurance....or is this just another cost of paying for an RV?
I pay Progressive 65 a month insurance and like I said, it is only over two years old.

Thanks in Advance!
cdburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:16 PM   #2

If you can get the dealership to work with FR, and say the front seal failed due to faulty installation, maybe warranty will cover.

Same with insurance adjuster. If they inspect and say it was not due to lack of seal maint, maybe insurance will cover.

The only real experience I have with this issue is through several RV friends who had the same type of problem. Nobody wanted to cover fixing their roofs and all claimed it failed due to lack of maintenance, so no coverage.

Good luck!
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:32 PM   #3
Site Team

The 12 year warranty is for the manufacturer of the roof material, NOT FR.
If you read the 12 year warranty, it's for defects in the material, not the installation.
Doubt if Progressive will cover it.
Did you do any preventive maintenance on the roof seals or have someone do it? If not, I doubt that anyone will cover it.
I just had to do mine, on my trailer that I bought new last February. The dealer said the roof leak issue wasn't covered anymore.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof, trailer, travel, travel trailer