Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2020, 02:15 PM   #61

Patience it will be worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish1750 View Post
We are so frustrated. We bought a 2021 forest river flagstaff micro lite 25fks on July 30 and told it would be in ,in 2-6 weeks.Today marks 10 weeks and still nothing.I made a harsh call today and was told possibly mid November . Said it was a “ covid issue”.Truth or true BS?????
I can definetly say with inside knowledge in the Coachmen lines that this is same across many of the most popular forest river product lines. Currently Apex and Freedom Express have dealer orders that include presolds out until July of next year and there is an Rv show every weekend in America....uh oh.

You did the right thing you bought early and that will pay dividends into to next year. Plus plannign adventures is a lot of the fun
Primorver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 03:22 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Quite untrue.
I'm dealing with that issue now with dealer, however he won't call me back. FR says it should be the delivery date, which I concur.
Stevemal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 04:17 PM   #63

I'am an RV'er but This is related to this post. I took My Ram truck back to my dealer for an oil change about a month ago in Elkton MD. They sell jeeps,,Rams,,chryslers,,and other models of "NEW" cars. I'am pulling in to the lot and I was shocked! THe place was totally empty of "NEW" vehicles. (har one or two). I thought they were closing, but two weeks prior they sent me a flyer to bring my,not even 3yr old truck in to trade it for a new one. Of course I ask what was up and they told me the factories have been closed since last March. The man said I can't even "ORDER" you a NEW one.
Thats how bad things got. Of course I ask why they sent me the flyer. (no answer).
Maybe the RV dealer should of told you they couldn"t build it. Whatever old rig you have, you better hang on to.
Lee Pedrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 05:02 PM   #64

We looked at a new Rockwood ultralight last weekend. They had a very limited supply on their lot, and the model we liked already had a deposit on it. When I asked how long it would take to order one, I was told it could be Christmas but more likely March. The Rockwood plant in Indiana has 3,000 trailers completed......but are waiting on China for the ACs so they can ship. He said another FR plant in Texas is waiting on 3,000 windows. The only encouraging news was that once you ordered one, your name is in the queue; and yours will ship before any others are shipped to just sit on a lot to be shown.
GMC Sierra 2500
Scott V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 08:24 PM   #65
Daniel Wade

II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish1750 View Post
We are so frustrated. We bought a 2021 forest river flagstaff micro lite 25fks on July 30 and told it would be in ,in 2-6 weeks.Today marks 10 weeks and still nothing.I made a harsh call today and was told possibly mid November . Said it was a “ covid issue”.Truth or true BS?????
I feel your pain. We ordered our Geo Pro June 11 and we didn't pick it up until September 28th. They also told us it would be in by the end of July. I told our dealer they need to do a better job of keeping customers who ordered RVs to keep them informed, but they are still mostly focused on sales.
DanielWade54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 08:25 PM   #66
Pop-up refugee

Toilet paper, Spaghettios, laundry detergent, pasta, lumber, RVs. The store can tell you when they were told to expect a delivery, and you'll be badly disappointed if you assume that's what's actually going to happen.

The dealers are victims of what they get told by the factories, who are victims of their supply chains, shipping companies, unpredictable shutdowns, etc. Would you rather they make up a random timeframe, or give you the best information they have at the moment?

We got lucky. Instead of ordering our Wolf Pup, the dealer slapped our name on one that they had already ordered, and then a few weeks later the VIN with our name on it surprised everyone by showing up. We're okay with all of it, we're done camping for the year anyway. Meanwhile my local grocery store finally has all the paper goods you want, but not much soap, and there was no bacon last week- I'll bet the Meat department was as surprised as everyone else when the truck showed up without any.

So don't blame the dealer, they're facing the same problems we all are and can only give you the information they've been given.
Relaxin in the woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 09:55 AM   #67

No Bacon?!?! Thats unfathomable!!!
Bhrava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 04:40 PM   #68
Pop-up refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhrava View Post
No Bacon?!?! Thats unfathomable!!!
Oh, the pandemic stories I'm going to have for my grandkids...
Relaxin in the woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 05:54 PM   #69

Same here, and can just imagine the looks on their faces when toilet paper is mentioned.
Bhrava is offline   Reply With Quote