Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2014, 06:45 PM   #21

I just purchased our Shamrock over the weekend through RVDirect (thanks for the tip by the way-saved $4000!) and they emailed me the extended warranty info today. I am already getting a great rate (compared to our local banks) and they offered to drop the rate another 0.24% if I bought ANY extended warranty through them. That 0.24 only comes down to about $3 less a month so I don't think it is worth it? Need to do some more math though.........
hockeyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:59 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil2low View Post
My one year is up in May, can you purchase the second year thru FR only from day one or anytime you like? At $150 that is definitely worth the buck if you ask me!
You could give them a call and ask or you could fill out the form and send it in with a check. You may get back a signed form (2nd yr warranty good) or your check returned. Worth a try
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:06 PM   #23

thank you for the good information I just purchased a TT and the dealer didn't mention the 2nd year warranty
yuneisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:42 AM   #24

When I got my current fiver in February 2012 the dealer tried to sell me a extended warranty/service contract for about $1,700 and they claimed that they didn't know about the second year warranty from Forest River. When I called the V-Cross warranty department they told me that the dealers are not required to tell you about the second year warranty! I did get it for the $150. Near the end of the second year I got a quote for an extended warranty/service contract from Good San. When I looked at what was covered, no coverage for delamination or frame, I passed on it and don't have any type of warranty now. For what was covered it didn't seem worth the money. I am able to replace ACs, refreg, stove etc. but delamination or frame issues is what I would want to cover.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty