Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2024, 01:29 PM   #41

Even though this is an old thread, the information and questions are still just as pertinent today as they were 10 years ago.

I use Visible and the phone hotspot as my ďWiFiĒ for work. With Visible you can only hotspot one device at a time, BUT I just recently bought a travel router, the GL.iNet Beryl AX (GL-MT3000) and hotspot that to my Visible phone, thus allowing me to use more devices on WiFI at a time. The Visible plan is $25/month for unlimited data and it runs off of Verizon towers. So far it has worked very well.
Backcountryboondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 03:03 PM   #42

I use the Winegard Gateway @ Freedom Go through Verizon. 300 GB per month for $109. Worked well through the whole trip from Western NY to Arizona. Streamed TV and Tablets with no issues. It was nice not having to mess with the portable dish (now retired). 25 Mbps was more than enough to handle everything.
00buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 08:55 PM   #43

Home Fi

My wife and I have used Home Fi LTE router for the last year. It has the ability to use US Cellular, Tmobile and one other carrier. It defaults to the strongest network signal. It has worked at every campground we have been at to include state parks. We've had two firesticks, two laptops and two ipads streaming at the same time. We love it.
macman24572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 07:02 AM   #44

we had the T-mobile cellular tower, then T-mobile said they were going to take that away and charge 150 a month instead of the 40 we(and a lot of others) were paying. we settled on connecten. you deal directly with the owner(tyler). for the "best" package its 150 month. i know there are cheaper options,buy connecten uses all 4 of the wireless carriers. we havent had a problem yet
klhjojb7 is offline   Reply With Quote