Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2021, 12:30 PM   #1

Wolf pup Out of State savings and shipping questions

Hi all,

I am looking at a new Wolf Pup 16BHS. I'm in Ca and the best price I can find in the State or nearby States (Az, Nv, Or) is $17,999. I found the same unit in Ne and Ia for $12,999. Seems wrong that there is a $5k difference! Am I missing something here? I've looked through some of the threads and this seems fairly "normal". Anyone know if shipping is a possibility and what it would cost to ship to Ca from Ne or Ia? Was thinking about driving out and picking it up and may still do that. Fairly early in the process but would appreciate any tips or advice!
Novasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 01:05 PM   #2

I live in south central VA and in a few weeks will be making a trek to Lakeview, OH to do the PDI and hopefully take delivery on a custom 2205S. Saving a $$$ and a road trip = Big Smile
Old 02-21-2021, 01:06 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novasteve View Post
Hi all,

I am looking at a new Wolf Pup 16BHS. I'm in Ca and the best price I can find in the State or nearby States (Az, Nv, Or) is $17,999. I found the same unit in Ne and Ia for $12,999. Seems wrong that there is a $5k difference! Am I missing something here? I've looked through some of the threads and this seems fairly "normal". Anyone know if shipping is a possibility and what it would cost to ship to Ca from Ne or Ia? Was thinking about driving out and picking it up and may still do that. Fairly early in the process but would appreciate any tips or advice!
There are numerous active threads on this topic. One or two of them, are about Wolf Pup, I think.
West Coast dealers inflate delivery costs so they can make the trailer price seem competitive to Midwest prices.
That's why many of us West Coasters make the drive to the Midwest and make the return into a camping trip.
I know RVW will ship and you can meet the driver anywhere in between. We were going to meet them halfway so that shipping costs were cut in half. But we got a better deal from another dealer and made the 4000 mile trip.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:51 PM   #4

Whats RVW? Interested in this topic as well!
captaingeek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 11:00 PM   #5

RV Wholesalers in Lakeview, OH
WanderMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novasteve View Post
Hi all,

I purchased a Wolf PUP in Tennessee In Aug 2020. I drove out and picked it up and towed it back to Northern CA. Same Dif for price. Keep in mind some of the CA dealers are not responsive to Warranty work, and a local dealer does not have to honor warranty work if tt is not purchased from them. See my post in re to DMV .
jeanetteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 11:30 PM   #7

Hi Steve, any progress on your purchase? Facing a similar dilemma here in the sf Bay. Where prices for everything are rediculous!
captaingeek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 01:04 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeek View Post
Hi Steve, any progress on your purchase? Facing a similar dilemma here in the sf Bay. Where prices for everything are rediculous!
That's why, when we lived in Napa, we chose to drive to Chicago and back, to get our new Rockwood HTT. 3 NorCal dealers would only go down to $21k and we bought it for $14,500.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 12:39 PM   #9

I saved a bunch, about $4000, simply going about 160 miles into Ohio from the PA dealers I tried. Ended up paying $11500 base price for my Wolf Pup 16BHS. At the time, spring 2018, they were listed in some places like CA for almost twice the price!
I was a newby on buying an RV and expected to be able to easily finance there. Minor hassle but they did it. Bigger hassle was getting the proper title to the PEnnDOT for titling and registration. OH has some kind of form they use given to the buyer to register that PA does not accept. All I remember is the Notary I use was familiar with it and it took him almost two weeks to resolve it, so I could then pay the sales tax & licensing fees!
Anyways, out of state or area purchases, saves a lot of $$. However, I should have gotten the loan myself through one of my banks.
Boomerweps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 02:32 PM   #10

Hi All,
We just hopped onto a wait list for a 2021 WP 16FQ at a dealer three states away since Colorado dealers gouge buyers. The price we are quoted is $12,999 and it includes the juice pack and a couple other practical options.Our signed quote came with a promise of no dealer costs, shipping, or paperwork fees, just the $12,999. It includes setup, inspection, and most important a complete walk through with a tech for instructions on everything.
We're excited for the new addition to the family, but after reading other threads on purchasing Wolf Pup TTs, we are seeing that people have paid even less, I have to wonder how people find the best price. Does anyone have suggestions on locating/selecting great dealerships with great pricing?
Thanks.
Spedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:49 PM   #11

I’m in Massachusetts, a coworker went to a local dealer to look at a BH. After looking at it and getting the price they went on line. They found the exact same BH in North Carolina for $5000 less. They called the first dealer back trying to get them to drop the price. They refused and told my coworker to take it back to North Carolina for service. They ended up buying from the original dealer with a $500 gift card to their store.
2011 GMC Acadia SLT (wifeís)
2007 Honda Goldwing
Marc J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 01:47 PM   #12

Last month I bought a 21 Wolf Pup 16BHS in MA for 16,900. MSRP was around 25,000. Doing research it said typical RV sales for new are about 75% to 80% of MSRP. I tried several local dealers for similar size campers and by the time I inquired everything was gone. Supply and demand! My unit wasn't even on the lot yet, still at factory. I thought about driving 700 miles to get one for 13,000 but at the end of the day I didn't mind paying the convenience and it was inline with my research. Did I get the best deal in the country? No, but dealer is 1/2 hour away.

But it did help when I sold my pop-up for asking price in about 1 hour with over 20 people making offers in less than a day. Dealer was going to give me 300 for a trade but I sold it private party for 1,800.

End of the day all that matters is that you are happy with your price because it's not an investment, it's purely for enjoyment and enjoyment has a cost.
H-Pup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 09:06 AM   #13

Iím in the market for a 2021 wolf pup 16BHS.. The lowest Iíve seen is 14,000 in NE.. Iím in California and will to drive anywhere in the country for a good deal.. any tips?
New Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 10:53 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Lou View Post
Iím in the market for a 2021 wolf pup 16BHS.. The lowest Iíve seen is 14,000 in NE.. Iím in California and will to drive anywhere in the country for a good deal.. any tips?
Check Cheyenne Camping Center in Walcott IA. WP 16BHS rigs are usually $12,799 there and their delivery fees are decent. They try hard, and are nice people...but you have to stay on top of them sometimes on the details.

They even sell their TTs on ebay!

https://cheyennecampingcenter.com/
Brake Controller: Curt Echo
PDuB-IA2MI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 12:32 PM   #15

I really appreciate it.. I plan on doing a lot of camping and just trying to save some money at the same time. I hope nothing but good luck to you for that awesome advice..Happy camping ��
New Lou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
questions, wolf pup