RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 01-01-2016, 11:17 PM   #21

I blow all my lines and then flush with pink RV antifreeze. While doing the flush, I run the dishwasher through the beginning of the normal and econo cycles for a few seconds each (until pink flow to tub is good). Then, upon cycle restart, the drain pump removes the pink and water mixture from the tub. Repeat above for good measure to make sure drain only has pink. I do a similar pink flush of the washer/dryer.

.... Steve
Old 01-02-2016, 10:55 AM   #22

Thank you Svango! Yeah, I decided to do pretty much the same. I ren until pink was in the tub and just pressed power off.....that seems to drain the wated in the tub before it switches off. seems to work.
Thank you again for your quick response!!!!!!!
Ben-racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 06:49 PM   #23

Send a message via Skype™ to chriscv
We have a 2005 3704Q and it has two black fuse boxes behind the main circuit panel under the bed. They are difficult to get to. One box contains fuses for the trailer circuits (had to change all at one point), but the other may have fuses for the cargo bays and 12v outlets.
chriscv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:04 PM   #24

Send a message via Skype™ to chriscv
We bought our 2005 3704QS in 2008. It had just under 10,000 miles at the time. We know are at 60,000 miles and have been to 42 States. We are off to Alaska this summer. We are very happy with the Tsunami although, like any motor home, it has provided its share of challenges. Rebuilding the acqua hot, tracing electrical issues, improper winterization by poorly trained service personnel and the chassis A/C have all popped up over the past 8 years. But none have been show stoppers and based on my experiences I would not trade ours for anything but another Taunami.
chriscv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:20 PM   #25

Yes I agree - the Tsunami remains a premier motorhome with features and amenities that rival those found in high end 2016 models. When properly cared for, this model could become a classic in years to come. The new Forest River models represent a mere shadow of what we have in our Tsunamis.
Country Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 03:17 PM   #26

We purchased a used 41' 3-slide Tsunami about a year ago and have had very few issues with it.

In addition to the features and the sleek style we chose ours because the layout would allow us to add a wheelchair lift behind the PAX seat when I need it.

I have MS and use a wheelchair for distance and a cane (and "wall-walking") through the coach. Currently, I can still get up & down the stairs and use hand controls for driving the coach with out wheelchair van.

We have put on over 10k miles in the past year and are planning a long trip summer starting next month (Getting out of 110+ heat in AZ). We hope to join the FR Rally in August!

If anyone knows where I can find the formed inner front door skin... please let me know. Mine has a couple cracks and rattles!
dougmykol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 12:11 PM   #27

Send a message via MSN to 3rdTimesaCharm Send a message via Yahoo to 3rdTimesaCharm
Is anyone on this thread still out there? Just purchased an '05 Tsunami 4104qs and have a couple of questions. Read all the posts here and are still basically excited with the purchase but it may be that we just have to learn the hard way. Thanks.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:38 AM   #28

Still Here

I'm still here (2005 Tsunami 3904QS), haven't heard from anyone for a while. I've been in it for about 2 years, not sure I can help, but what are your questions?

Kinsey
KinseyFobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 08:39 AM   #29

Send a message via MSN to 3rdTimesaCharm Send a message via Yahoo to 3rdTimesaCharm
Hi Kinsey and thanks for getting back to me. Our problem was somewhat addressed in post #14 by RyanP125 in that the front air bags deflate while driving down the road. It seems to take several (2-3) hundred miles for the ride to completely deteriorate to the point of resembling a log wagon. Rest stops for an hour or so do not alleviate the problem for another couple hundred miles worth of ride, system seems to need several days of R&R before reset and vehicle "glides" again.

We understand that many folk consider 2-300 miles a full day. And we found that close to that average (3-400 miles) was true in our gasser ('03 Pace Arrow 35G). However, in the Tsunami, when the breakdown begins about halfway thru the day, the dread of the last 150 or so miles almost makes it not worth the effort.

But, the discomfort aside, we feel very unsafe travelling in this condition.

To say that my husband is frugal is simply an understatement. He is very hands-on and WE will fix whatever he can (never mind that "way back when" TN Dept of Employment Security used aptitude tests as part of their screening and my mechanical aptitude didn't even register). So in anticipation of what's to come, I'm trying to find out now all I can about this problem and whether there's a solution that he AND I can live with.

My benchmark is not having to work on something mechanical with my husband, his will be $ signs.

We bought this coach because my husband wants to go full time and I told him I would try it if he would buy me a full-time galley, which he did. We are still planning to sell S&B in early 2020 but my budgeting so far has not included many 100- to 150-mile days.

I have searched several forums and have found many references to air bags deflating over time when parked but the above-mentioned post is the only one I've found that seems directly on point. I'm curious whether in your travels or visits to other communities you might have encountered others experiencing our problem that I'm not finding in my searches.

Thanks again for getting back to me.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:49 PM   #30

HWH Leveling issues

I understand where your DH is coming from. I too have had a problem hiring people to do work on my rig. I can handle most electrical problems and plumbing issues (dealing with a troublesome vacuflush currently, and I opted to get factory training on my Aqua-Hot system rather than pay for annual maintenance), but when it comes to larger components especially those that affect the engine or drive train, I try to get professional help. I can get part-time work to help offset the cost and the time spent by a professional will be a lot less than I would spend on the problem myself. And the odds of getting the job done correctly will be greater. Besides they have the tools required that I would probably have to buy or rent adding to the overall cost of doing it myself.

That being said, have you contacted HWH in Iowa about your problem? Their website talks about technician classes, which if they still have, may help. I haven't experienced any issues with my leveling system except for the lack of jacks to stabilize my rig when parked. If anyone out there has a fix for that I'd be grateful for their help.

Not sure if that helps or not.
Good luck and keep us informed about your problem.

Kinsey
KinseyFobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 03:01 PM   #31

Thank you, that is a really good notation about factory training for Aqua-Hot. At purchase, we knew this system only by name. Then we were told about the requirement for yearly maintenance. Hubs asked whether he could do this maintenance and was told he could but that it was very involved. So he went to YouTube, his new BFF, and came to the conclusion he could probably do it. Probably isn't quite good enough for me so we're still discussing this. I'll do some cost/benefit research into factory training that'll account for the "peace of mind" factor and this just may work out as an anniversary present from me.

With ours being a 15-YO coach, we hadn't thought of calling HWH but we had heard good things about Freightliner Training Center at Gaffney SC so we called them. They mentioned a couple of things we hadn't heard of - levelling rod for one. They were aware of the Freightliner location about 1.75 miles from us and said to call them, they'd take good care of us. Hubs had talked to them a couple of times on other matters so we're thinking we'll set up an appt with them for a survey and see if we can get a handle on this situation.

I'm sure DH will also call HWH now and see what we can find out about training on these systems because we haven't even tried levelling the coach when parked. It always seemed to be fairly level as she sat and there were other things requiring more immediate attention (such as the vacu-flush system - another new-to-us feature with an unexpected learning curve).

Thanks again and we'll update as appropriate.
3rdTimesaCharm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tsunami