Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2023, 07:48 PM   #1

Unhappy 2014 24r solera bed solution?

We have a solera 24r with the rear slide out. Wife wants to quit camping because she can't get a good nights sleep because the beds hurt her back, both cab over and rear beds. I have put a mattress topper on it and tried plywood under her side, neither works. She also hates the fact that since covid we have to move frequently because it is so difficult to get more that 1 or 2 days in a camp spot which necessitates having to re make the bed completely which is not so easy with the rear slide and the split mattress. Anyone out there experiencing the same problem? If so what did they do about it? I would appreciate any suggestions. Maybe 4" memory foam?
Thank you,
Paul Huyck
paulhuyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 09:29 PM   #2
2012 Solera

Don’t have a split mattress. We did put a 4 inch memory foam topper on our corner bed mattress and have been satisfied with it. We use a futon cover to secure the topper to the mattress.
We use a double sleeping bag while camping - eliminates bed making issues (also difficult with a corner bed). I actually like the sleeping bags better than sheets and blankets. I can zip my side up and not lose the blankets when my wife gets up in the middle of the night…
FYI, Jim
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 04:21 PM   #3

We purchased a 3” Talalay Latex Topper
Queen Short / Medium / Organic Cotton from Brooklynbedding and my wife loves it. Leaving on a six week trip, that will be the real test!
Rickygar63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 05:34 PM   #4

Without knowing whether your bed is considered too soft or too hard, it would be difficult to recommend anything. We have a split mattress in our Sunseeker. While setting it up and taking it down are no problem, I find the memory foam mattress to be too soft. There are aftermarket mattress builders that may offer a solution for me.

What are you expecting in the way of mattress improvement?
Old 07-26-2023, 05:34 PM   #5

Solera rear bed split mattress.

Don't know if the problem is fixed as of now. Wife bought a hinged mattress for $1,000.00 and due to summer and covid rv sales filling up all the available camp sites, we haven't tried it yet, sure hope it works. More updates as soon as we give it a try. Thanks for your responses.
Old 07-26-2023, 05:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhuyck View Post
Don't know if the problem is fixed as of now. Wife bought a hinged mattress for $1,000.00 and due to summer and covid rv sales filling up all the available camp sites, we haven't tried it yet, sure hope it works. More updates as soon as we give it a try. Thanks for your responses.
What was the source manufacturer or vendor of the $1000 mattress?
Old 07-26-2023, 05:52 PM   #7

Solera mattress

Wife purchased it from a company called Totchta. I sure they have a website, made in Corona California and shipped free within the contiguous US. Wish I could tell you more, but we have managed to secure one, I repeat ONE night at Carlsbad State Beach where we will try it out. More to be revealed.
Old 07-26-2023, 06:03 PM   #8

Mattress Company

It's Tochta, they have a website at tochta.com
amanuensis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, bed, solera